Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Default Re: ILL@UL Game 3 Updates

I hate to be negative, especially since the team is 7-0 (about to be 8-0, it looks like) but the inconsistent pitching is starting to concern me, especially with quality teams like Southern Miss and South Alabama coming up

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918
    I hate to be negative, especially since the team is 7-0 (about to be 8-0, it looks like) but the inconsistent pitching is starting to concern me, especially with quality teams like Southern Miss and South Alabama coming up
    UL 9

Illini 5

top 8th

They havent scored since the 3rd. We are deeper than we've ever been at pitcher. Its still early in the season. Lil Robe came in kicked sss. Pilgreen is kickin sss right now.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    UL 9

Illini 5

top 8th

They havent scored since the 3rd. We are deeper than we've ever been at pitcher. Its still early in the season. Lil Robe came in kicked sss. Pilgreen is kickin sss right now.

Z.
    I agree with everything you just said I was just saying that we can not afford to give up the big inning in the games to come. I was not trying to bash the pitching staff if that is what it sounded like.

UL Baseball Re: ILL@UL Game 3 Updates

Game 3:

ILL 5
    UL 10
    End of 8th

IT IS STILL VERY EARLY IN THE SEASON AND WE ARE FACING A GOOD HITTING TEAM.THAT IS WHAT FEB GAMES ARE FAR TO FIND THE RIGHT COMBINATIONS.AS FAR DEEPER STAFF EVER? THE 2000 SQUAD WAS LOADED.

6. UL Baseball Re: ILL@UL Game 3 Updates

The Cajuns will be fine. I think this is the deepest staff I have seen in a while. Illinois is a fine hitting team.

Southern Miss will be a nice test on the road. South Alabama may struggle a bit this year. They have not looked good thus far and are a bit shy in the pitching department. I think FAU and Troy will be the top contenders in the Sun Belt this year, along with the Cajuns.

Brian

UL Baseball Re: ILL@UL Game 3 Updates

Game 3:

ILL 7
    UL 10
    FINAL

IT'S A SWEEP, Cajuns move to 8-0!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    IT IS STILL VERY EARLY IN THE SEASON AND WE ARE FACING A GOOD HITTING TEAM.THAT IS WHAT FEB GAMES ARE FAR TO FIND THE RIGHT COMBINATIONS.AS FAR DEEPER STAFF EVER? THE 2000 SQUAD WAS LOADED.
    I cant remember who all was on that squad? Who were the pitchers?

Thanks,

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    The Cajuns will be fine. I think this is the deepest staff I have seen in a while. Illinois is a fine hitting team.

Southern Miss will be a nice test on the road. South Alabama may struggle a bit this year. They have not looked good thus far and are a bit shy in the pitching department. I think FAU and Troy will be the top contenders in the Sun Belt this year, along with the Cajuns.

Brian

Agreed I am ready to see the score of the Southern Miss, Troy game today I know Southern still has a bad taste in there mouth after getting beat TWICE by a Sun belt team last year in the regional ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    I cant remember who all was on that squad? Who were the pitchers?

Thanks,

Z.
    Dohmain, Gabrial, and Webb were all drafted
    Gros was a frosh.
    O'Brien was an excellent closer.

I sure there were others.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    Dohmain, Gabrial, and Webb were all drafted
    Gros was a frosh.
    O'Brien was an excellent closer.

I sure there were others.
    I remember now! I should have said, "this staff has the potential to be one of the best ever"!!!

Thanks,

Z.

I was finally able to make a game and this team is what it is advertised to be. The lineup from top to bottom is just plain scary.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO MIKE DESORMEAUX PLAYING BASEBALL FOR THE CAJUNS?
    Mike Des told me that with the new coaching staff, Coach Bustle asked him to only play football so as to learn the "new system"

I think our offense is going to be crucial this year

Default Re: I miss Mardi Gras baseball

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    I would love to see us go back to the Astros Classic at Minute Maid park. That was a blast a few years ago.
    My friend and I went to the UL vs. Houston game back in the fall and before the game we took a tour of minute maid park. Our tour guide saw our UL apparel and said she remembered when we went and played there however many years ago it was. She said she wished that we would come back. The love for UL is spreading across the nation my friends. It was a good feeling.

15. UL Baseball Re: ILL@UL Game 3 Updates

Agreed I am ready to see the score of the Southern Miss, Troy game today I know Southern still has a bad taste in there mouth after getting beat TWICE by a Sun belt team last year in the regional ha.
    Especially after Southern Miss swept Troy in Hattiesburg early in the regular season.

Well, it was not the aces of the squads squaring off . but Troy beat Southern Miss 3-2 today to give the Golden Eagles their first loss of the season (7-1).

Brian

Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information