Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

1. Default Re: Cajuns win again, now 3-0

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Cajuns beat UTSA today 5-2. Brett Solich went 6.2 shutout innings for his first collegiate win. Allowed six hits, struck out seven with two walks.

Kolin Hatfield and Nolan Gisclair each knocked in two runs for the Cajuns, who scored single runs in five different innings.

Cajuns go for the sweep tomorrow at 1. They'll face UTSA's ace tomorrow.

Cajuns will decide tonight who throws for UL tomorrow.

any word on the score of Sunday's game yet???????????

Default Re: Cajuns win again, now 3-0

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave
    any word on the score of Sunday's game yet???????????
    Cajuns had a 4 to 0 lead in the 4th inning. ESPN1420 is now streaming. You can listen over your PC.

Default Re: Cajuns win again, now 3-0

Cajuns dominated UTSA 14-2.

Default Baseball Sunday

What time does the game start Sunday? The AN newsletter says 2:05 and the daily advertiser says 10:00.

Default Re: Baseball Sunday

1:00 PM CST

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna
    1:00 PM CST
    Pretty sure its gonna be at 10. that is what Steve said on the radio yesterday. Most of the time, sunday games are played at 1 or 12. But, when a team, such as Illinois, has to catch a plane on Sunday afternoon, they'll start early, to make sure they can finish the game and have the team at the airport in time.

First pitch next Sunday is at 10:00 AM.

so no beer until the 5th inning.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888
    so no beer until the 5th inning.
    People from Loreauville drink beer?

Not all people from Loreauville do, but the ones who do are professionals.

Default Re: Cajuns win again, and again

UTSA may not be a powerhouse, but for our young club to go on the road and dominate the way we did this early in the season says a lot.

I really get the feeling that this team is very special. I think Coach Robe does as well. He has compared this team to the Omaha team on more than one occassion this year and that is very unusual for him to do.

It appears as though the let down we had after the 1999 and 2000 seasons is not going to happen this time. I am not saying that we are going to the CWS this year (although I hope we do), but the future of this program looks very bright for the next several years. As long as we keep recruiting the young highschool kids to come in so that we can keep reloading, we shold be in good shape.

I think, and correct me if I am wrong, but the person in charge of recruiting is Coach Sczef. He has done one hell of a job in this area. I have to admit that I was very skeptical about his ability to coach hitting early on, but it seems as though his system is starting to work. Great job.

UL Baseball Re: Cajuns win again, and again

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    UTSA may not be a powerhouse, but for our young club to go on the road and dominate the way we did this early in the season says a lot.

I really get the feeling that this team is very special. I think Coach Robe does as well. He has compared this team to the Omaha team on more than one occassion this year and that is very unusual for him to do.

It appears as though the let down we had after the 1999 and 2000 seasons is not going to happen this time. I am not saying that we are going to the CWS this year (although I hope we do), but the future of this program looks very bright for the next several years. As long as we keep recruiting the young highschool kids to come in so that we can keep reloading, we shold be in good shape.

I think, and correct me if I am wrong, but the person in charge of recruiting is Coach Sczef. He has done one hell of a job in this area. I have to admit that I was very skeptical about his ability to coach hitting early on, but it seems as though his system is starting to work. Great job.
    If T-Robe was to leave in the next 5 or so years maybe coach Sczef would be the man to take his place!

DaddyCajun

UL Baseball I miss Mardi Gras baseball

Sweeping made the weekend fun but I was getting used to going to the home baseball tournament around Mardi Gras.

14. UL Baseball Pitching depth continues to be UL's strong suit

UL's baseball team will likely run Buddy Glass to the mound tonight when the Ragin' Cajuns travel to face Southeastern La., and that's something the squad wouldn't even have considered last year.

With Hunter Moody still recovering from a sore elbow, Glass is the established ace of the staff, and the Cajuns could not afford to put that level of quality into a mid-week game last season.

Pitching depth can change a lot of things, and UL (4-0) hopes to continue reaping the fruits of that depth in tonight's 6:30 p.m. contest against the Lions at SLU's Alumni Field in Hammond.

The Cajuns used two new faces and one that was little-used last year as its starting pitchers last weekend, and that threesome paced UL to a road sweep of Texas-San Antonio. UL gave up only two runs in each of the three wins.

That freed up Glass (1-0) for duties today, after his Opening Day 15-7 win over Nicholls State.

"With the depth of arms that we have, we don't have a one, two or three now," said Cajun coach Tony Robichaux. "We're going to look at the teams we're playing, and if we need to we'll move our pitchers around to give us the best chance to be successful.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Cajuns win again, and again

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    If T-Robe was to leave in the next 5 or so years maybe coach Sczef would be the man to take his place!

DaddyCajun
    Maybe so, but bite your tongue, I hope Coach Robe never leaves

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information