Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns softball 2007 Season

1. UL Softball UL vs Houston, NCAA Regionals Friday at 1:00

I checked out University of Houston's website and they have us set for Friday at 1:00. If we win we play Saturday at noon, if we lose we play Saturday at 2:30. Double elimination. We can do this! We've beat them (twice) including a 14-0 beating in five innings. They don't have any memorable wins over ranked teams except Michagan back in February.
    Their website with info if you want to see for yourself: http://uhcougars.cstv.com/sports/w-s.051307aab.html

2. Default Re: What Are the Consequences???

I started this thread with my "Chicken Little" question. Everything is okay, but just to be certain I insured that the sun did rise in the East this a.m. and that it did set this p.m. in the West!

Then this morning I am perusing the Advocate sports page and see an article on the girls high school all star softball game, which was held at lsu. They quoted in the article that a girl, Stala Guffey, and Donna Bourgeois are lsu signees. They stated further that five UL signees, Katie Smith,Gabby Bridges, Ashley Brignac, Christine Orgeron, and Katlyn Stanford, also played.

Well to my knowledge Bourgeois signed with the Cajuns. I believe it was a deliberate misquote because they were too embarassed to quote that lsu had signed only one girl, versus six who have signed with the Cajuns, that played in the All-Star game.

So, I have shed my "Chicken Little" attitude. Our Ladies are headed to the aTm regional, and lsu, after being denied a regional, is headed to the west coast. It can't get much better than this.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: What Are the Consequences???

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    I started this thread with my "Chicken Little" question. Everything is okay, but just to be certain I insured that the sun did rise in the East this a.m. and that it did set this p.m. in the West!

Then this morning I am perusing the Advocate sports page and see an article on the girls high school all star softball game, which was held at lsu. They quoted in the article that a girl, Stala Guffey, and Donna Bourgeois are lsu signees. They stated further that five UL signees, Katie Smith,Gabby Bridges, Ashley Brignac, Christine Orgeron, and Katlyn Stanford, also played.

Well to my knowledge Bourgeois signed with the Cajuns. I believe it was a deliberate misquote because they were too embarassed to quote that lsu had signed only one girl, versus six who have signed with the Cajuns, that played in the All-Star game.

So, I have shed my "Chicken Little" attitude. Our Ladies are headed to the aTm regional, and lsu, after being denied a regional, is headed to the west coast. It can't get much better than this.
    Charlie if this signing class lives up to its potential????????

I felt for lsu for about 30 seconds, then I remembered what the NCAA did to us in 2004. Arizona, Oklahoma, UL, South Carolina(?) all in the same region. we were highly ranked, coming off of a World Series appearance the year before and got shafted.Still almost pulled that mutha off!

Dont remember anyone having any sympathy for us.

If there is a regional that we have a shot in its this one. If the girls can overcome whatever was ailing them the last 2 weeks, who knows?

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh
    _ I didn't have much doubt about them getting in also, I'm just surprised about some of the surrounding circumstances. No Baton Rouge, they go to College Station to play a team they have easily beaten this year, recently too. LSU wins the SEC tournament and they have to hit the road, not just once, but twice, to PAC-10 sites to make it to the WCWS. FAU, with a top 50 RPI and the regular season and tournament champion of a Top 10 RPI conference, is told to go back home and be more successful against top 25/50 ball clubs (1-6/4-11), and play more games on the road (26 road/neutral, 39 home). _
    Without the oppurtunity of looking at the field in details it seems that a lot of #1 seeds are traveling (eight I think). A number of NE and Midwest locales which could be an attempt to garner more interest in those areas. I'll be interested to see how many #1 seeds make it through those regionals. As noted I haven't looked the field over closely but keep in mind that they are going to try real hard to prevent conference foes from meeting one another until the WCWS.

_ I would say that they got in, not just because they improved the schedule, but that they were successful against it. 8-3 vs. the top 25 RPI, 13-3 vs. the top 50. FAU was 1-6 vs. the top 25, 4-11 vs. top 50. Also, Cajuns played 31 games @ home, 31 road/neutral, while FAU played 39 @ home, 26 road/neutral. _
    That goes without saying, but yes you have to win. Bottomline, the Cajuns did what they had to do and won some impressive games this years. I look forward to this team getting even better next year.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: NCAA Regionals Friday at 1:00

Quote Originally Posted by angellebertrand
    I checked out University of Houston's website and they have us set for Friday at 1:00. If we win we play Saturday at noon, if we lose we play Saturday at 2:30. Double elimination. We can do this! We've beat them (twice) including a 14-0 beating in five innings. They don't have any memorable wins over ranked teams except Michagan back in February.
    Their website with info if you want to see for yourself: http://uhcougars.cstv.com/sports/w-s.051307aab.html
    Man, I looked over their schedule and results and there is nothing there that impresses me.

Question Mark??? Can we get our heads together and win this thing.

WILL THE REAL LADY CAJUN SOFTBALL TEAM, PLEASE STAND UP!

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru
    _ That goes without saying, but yes you have to win. Bottomline, the Cajuns did what they had to do and won some impressive games this years. I look forward to this team getting even better next year. _
    I don't like putting a damper on things when this is a time for enthusiasm and happiness, so I'm going to wait until after this season is done to temper your last sentence.

_ I don't like putting a damper on things when this is a time for enthusiasm and happiness, so I'm going to wait until after this season is done to temper your last sentence. _
    I read your take on next year, on the Delphi site. From a talent stand point, there will be more next year. I'll wait to see what the health of this team is coming out of the fall.

9. UL Softball Next Stop: College Station - All Aboard - Lady Cajuns 3-seed

The disappointments, the concerns and the bad memories were all wiped out for UL's softball team Sunday, and all it took was one television graphic.

The Ragin' Cajun squad, coming off a two-and-out appearance in its worst-ever Sun Belt Conference Tournament appearance, saw its name pop up during the NCAA Division I Tournament's pairings show Sunday afternoon on ESPNews, touching off a celebration that was more relief than anything else.

"It was like a great weight was lifted," said senior infielder Tara Hamilton when it was announced that UL had received its 17th NCAA at-large tournament invitation in 18 seasons and its ninth straight bid.

The 23rd-ranked Cajuns (46-16) are headed to College Station, Texas, as the third-seeded team, and will face second-seeded Houston (42-16) in Friday's opening round of the tournament. The host and national number-four seed Aggies (40-10) will face Sam Houston State (37-24) in Friday's other opening game.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

10. Default Re: NCAA Regionals Friday at 1:00

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    _ Man, I looked over their schedule and results and there is nothing there that impresses me.

Question Mark??? Can we get our heads together and win this thing.

WILL THE REAL LADY CAJUN SOFTBALL TEAM, PLEASE STAND UP!

Z. _
    "please stand up, please stand up"

signed, the real slim shady!

11. Default Re: What Are the Consequences???

_ Charlie if this signing class lives up to its potential????????

I felt for lsu for about 30 seconds, then I remembered what the NCAA did to us in 2004. Arizona, Oklahoma, UL, South Carolina(?) all in the same region. we were highly ranked, coming off of a World Series appearance the year before and got shafted.Still almost pulled that mutha off!

If there is a regional that we have a shot in its this one. If the girls can overcome whatever was ailing them the last 2 weeks, who knows?

Z. _
    Z, you are getting soft with age.30 seconds of sympathy for lsu? Man, I recall some bygone comments by you, and they were "Katie, bar the door" when it came to lsu.

I agree that we have a shot at this regional. Don't know how good aTm is, but they are ranked fourth. So, they must be pretty good. Still if we can pick where we left off early in the season we can play with just about anyone. Hope that group appears in the regional.

Haven't checked the Advocate this a.m I am certain that they are blasting the NCAA. In the Sunday edition they not only expected to host a regional, but felt like they were a lock for a super regional. Nada, boo hoo!

12. Default Re: What Are the Consequences???

Z. _
    Z, you are getting soft with age.30 seconds of sympathy for lsu? Man, I recall some bygone comments by you, and they were "Katie, bar the door" when it came to lsu.

I agree that we have a shot at this regional. Don't know how good aTm is, but they are ranked fourth. So, they must be pretty good. f we can pick up where we left off early in the season we can play with just about anyone. Hope that group appears in the regional.

Haven't checked the Advocate this a.m I am certain that they are blasting the NCAA. In the Sunday edition they not only expected to host a regional, but felt like they were a lock for a super regional. Nada, boo hoo!

13. Default Re: What Are the Consequences???

Z. _

I agree that we have a shot at this regional. Don't know how good aTm is, but they are ranked fourth. So, they must be pretty good. If we can pick up where we left off early in the season we can play with just about anyone. Hope that group appears in the regional.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    Don't know how good aTm is, but they are ranked fourth.
    They can be beat, trust me if the girls show up to play this one is ours. We got a good regional

15. UL Softball Re: NCAA Regionals Friday at 1:00

I wonder if the old basketball saying "it is hard to beat a team 3 times" holds as true in softball.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 . LastLast

Thread Information