Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns softball 2007 Season

Default Re: Louisiana 1 WKU 4 Final

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    _ Two and a Bar-B-Q, Lady Cajuns are O U T!!!

What is going on with these ladies??

Confused,
    DaddyCajun

ps I still love you Ladies!!!! Pick your chins up and crank it in Regionals!!!!!! _
    It is not guaranteed that they will make the regionals.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed
    _ It is not guaranteed that they will make the regionals. _
    If not I believe we are getting screwed.we have a higher RPI than last year and are 6-1 against top 25

No boo bird here; but you've got to be scratching your head about now. I'm just wondering if they're pressing right now. They are (should be) the class of the conference, have performed very well against quality competition; but sometimes inexplicably lose to less talented teams. Perhaps the success against the "better" competition is that they don't have a "fear of losing"; hence they play looser. Well, I'm not a sports psychologist; but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Hopefully we're still in the NCAA tournament and they can perform up to their abilities.

Shof

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    No boo bird here; but you've got to be scratching your head about now. I'm just wondering if they're pressing right now. They are (should be) the class of the conference, have performed very well against quality competition; but sometimes inexplicably lose to less talented teams. Perhaps the success against the "better" competition is that they don't have a "fear of losing"; hence they play looser. Well, I'm not a sports psychologist; but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Hopefully we're still in the NCAA tournament and they can perform up to their abilities.

Shof
    Not trying to start anything because I am not privy to any of the inner workings of UL softball, butyou have to wonder if there is some internal chemistry problem???

That will put pull even the most talented teams apart.

Very strange happenings the last half of the season for Louisiana Softball????

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    _ If not I believe we are getting screwed.we have a higher RPI than last year and are 6-1 against top 25 _
    But its not just RPI and not just what you did against top 25 RPI teams.

When you look at our last half of the season, we suck. When you look at our last 10 games, we suck. We failed to win a weak conference championship. We were two and out of a weak conference tournament.

I want us to be in. but I could not belly ache if the committee thought otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed
    _ But its not just RPI and not just what you did against top 25 RPI teams.

When you look at our last half of the season, we suck. When you look at our last 10 games, we suck. We failed to win a weak conference championship. We were two and out of a weak conference tournament.

I want us to be in. but I could not belly ache if the committee thought otherwise! _
    I look for us to be in; but like you, would not be shocked if omitted. I mean look at the year's we were very strong only to get seeded 3rd, and sent to very difficult regionals, etc. I would sure hate for the season to end this way, and I'm positive the young ladies and staff feel far worse about this tournament than any fan. Let's all hope they've got a few more games (at least) to try and get this thing turned around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    _ Not trying to start anything because I am not privy to any of the inner workings of UL softball, butyou have to wonder if there is some internal chemistry problem???

That will put pull even the most talented teams apart.

Very strange happenings the last half of the season for Louisiana Softball????

Z. _
    I love the ladies like anyone but when I heard the score the same thing ran through my mind. Whats going on here. Coach comes on the radio and calls out the Seniorsim not sure what to think I was thinking next year we had a legit shot at the gold ring not an appearance but winning it all hope things (whatever they may be) can get worked out

What do you mean, "Coach comes on the radio and calls out the Seniors." Was that a bad thing? I don't listen to the radio show and I don't know what you mean. Did one of the coaches say the seniors weren't pulling their load?
    :
    The Sun Belt Conference with the addition of Florida Atlantic has risen in STATUS in the major conferences. The last I looked in the Warren Nolan Report for RPI, the Sun Belt was listed as # 10 in Conference standings. That is not a bad thing, since there are 31 Conferences. The Sun Belt has improved tremendously. The records of the teams in the league are not good because they are playing tough competition in order to be ready to play well at the end. AND they have.

Check here:

http://www.fullysports.com/softball/2007/conferencerank

9. UL Softball UL's dominance of Sun Belt ends

Two and through.

No one expected UL's 23rd-ranked softball team to make this early a departure from the Sun Belt Conference tournament, especially since the Ragin' Cajuns had never lost a game in the event's history.

Thursday morning, they lost for the second time in less than 24 hours, falling to sixth-seeded Western Kentucky, 4-1, in an elimination game at Middle Tennessee's Blue Raider Complex in Murfreesboro, Tenn.

That loss left the Cajuns (46-16) as the first team eliminated from the tournament - one they had won every year since it was inaugurated in 2000 - and left UL in question of receiving an at-large bid when the NCAA tournament field is announced Sunday afternoon.

The loss also meant that UL went 0-2 in the tournament against teams they swept during the regular season.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

10. UL Softball What Are the Consequences ???

The Lady Cajun softball team went into a tailspin. What are some of the consequences that could arise?

One thing I really fear is that the ladies that committed will get a lot of pressure from teams who also recruited them to change their minds. Are they strong enough with their committment to withstand the pressure?

Do we get a bid to a Regional? I don't think so, but I have been wrong more times than I have been right.

11. UL Softball Re: What Are the Consequences???

I think the Lady Cajuns get a regional. Their body of work is still very imrpessive.

Softball still isn't as strong (as many strong teams) nationally as the other "Big 5 Sports"

If I were a recruit looking for a team to play on I would read "Job Opening"

jmo

Default Re: What Are the Consequences???

They'll be fine I think, don't like what has happened don't get me wrong, but.
    Finishing regular season right at top 25 and a mid twenties rpi with a 9-2 record against top 30 teams (Fresno State & Houston) should be enough to at least get them into a regional. How far will they go? Depends on A LOT of things.

For recruits and such, as I know you have heard EVERYBODY say it, this is a young team. They are only going to be better next year, and that is just with who is on the team right now. That is the way I feel personally. Girls like Melissa Verde, Lana Bowers, Vallie Gaspard, and of course Brittany Cuevas, have had a standout year and are going to get better with hitting, getting on base, pitching and all that good stuff. Especially when Mike Lotief gets his way with them. 14 freshman; they are going to be around for a while. And when they gel, they are going to play strong for the next 3 years together. The girls who are coming in are not going to change their minds because we lost our first conference tournament in 8 years. Name another team that can boast that.

Keep cheering for whatever we can get this year, and just wait, next year will be a lot of fun.

Default Re: What Are the Consequences???

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    They'll be fine I think, don't like what has happened don't get me wrong, but.
    Finishing regular season right at top 25 and a mid twenties rpi with a 9-2 record against top 30 teams (Fresno State & Houston) should be enough to at least get them into a regional. How far will they go? Depends on A LOT of things.

For recruits and such, as I know you have heard EVERYBODY say it, this is a young team. They are only going to be better next year, and that is just with who is on the team right now. That is the way I feel personally. Girls like Melissa Verde, Lana Bowers, Vallie Gaspard, and of course Brittany Cuevas, have had a standout year and are going to get better with hitting, getting on base, pitching and all that good stuff. Especially when Mike Lotief gets his way with them. 14 freshman; they are going to be around for a while. And when they gel, they are going to play strong for the next 3 years together. The girls who are coming in are not going to change their minds because we lost our first conference tournament in 8 years. Name another team that can boast that.

Keep cheering for whatever we can get this year, and just wait, next year will be a lot of fun.
    Girls coming next year have already signed. That is more than a commitment.

14. Default Re: What Are the Consequences???

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    _ Girls coming next year have already signed. That is more than a commitment. _
    I did not realize that. I thought only committments had been made. That is good news!!

My question(s) were not to be of the "Chicken Little" type. I just wanted to find out the pulse of the fans. Sounds like the pulse is beating very well. Regardless of the answer outcomes I am still a true fan, and will not waiver in my support for our programs.

15. UL Softball FAU wins Sun Belt Softball Championship

Florida Atlantic's conference changed, but its result stayed the same.

FAU won the Sun Belt softball championship Saturday at MTSU with a 1-0 win over Troy. A first-year member of the Sun Belt, FAU had won nine Atlantic Sun titles in the previous 10 years.

FAU is only the second Sun Belt champion in league history, as Louisiana-Lafayette had won the first seven Sun Belt titles.

FAU pitcher Jen Musillo was named the Sun Belt Tournament Most Outstanding Player after tossing 44 innings and three shutouts in the four-day tournament.

FAU and Troy combined for only five hits in the title game.

FAU's Melissa Moore walked with one out in the third inning, and Annie Voyles cranked an RBI double off the left-centerfield wall — her sixth RBI in 65 games this season.

The rest of the story

By ADAM SPARKS
    sparks@dnj.com
    615-278-5167

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread Information