Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue
    Lacey walks
    3-3
    bases juiced still
    1 out still
    Tankersley up
    SALAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cajuns lead 7-3

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lady Cajuns Softball Live Stat Link

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue
    SALAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cajuns lead 7-3
    This is awesome. I listen to baseball while getting things done around the crib. The ladies are down 3-1. I go for a jog, come back and they are 3-2, bases loaded. Walk. Run scored. Homer scores 4 more. This is sweeeeeet!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    This is sweeeeeet!
    Cajuns up 8-3 middle of 6

It's a done deal Cajuns win 8-3

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    It's a done deal Cajuns win 8-3
    It's a deal done sweet!!!

9. Default Re: Lady Cajuns Softball Live Stat Link

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    www.louisiana.edu/softball

Not on the radio because of baseball game in Texas and basketball game in Denver last night. But here's the next best thing. Live Stats

What a weekend to be a Cajun

baseball goes 3-0 vs UTSA
    softball goes undefeated in their tournament
    mens bb wins
    now women need to win and it would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave
    What a weekend to be a Cajun

baseball goes 3-0 vs UTSA
    softball goes undefeated in there tournament
    mens bb wins
    now women need to win and it would be perfect.
    I believe Tundra posted that the ladies BB team won last night. I think that early morning post didn't make it very clear. I may be wrong but I believe the ladies took Denver 67-55. All is great in CajunLand.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    I believe Tundra posted that the ladies BB team won last night. I think that early morning post didn't make it very clear. I may be wrong but I believe the ladies took Denver 67-55. All is great in CajunLand.
    They did win 67-55, but that was today (Sunday).

12. UL Softball Lady Cajuns Top Baylor For Invitational Championship

LOUISIANA La. – For the second time in two days the 16th-ranked Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns softball team used a multiple-run inning late in the game to pull away and defeat No. 17 Baylor in the Ragin’ Cajuns Invitational.

On Sunday afternoon it was a six-run, fifth inning outburst that carried the Ragin’ Cajuns (12-1) all the way back from an early 3-0 hole to an 8-3 win in the championship contest of the tournament.

Holly Tankersley, named the tournament’s Most Outstanding Player, clinched the game for the hosts when she belted a grand slam that broke a 3-all tie in the fifth inning.

Freshman pitcher Brittany Cuevas retired nine of the final 11 Baylor batters that she faced allowing only two hits in the final three innings. She improved to 7-0 on the season with the victory.

Tankersley led all players with four RBI and the grand slam was her fourth home run of the tournament. She finished the weekend with 10 RBI.

Cuevas scattered five hits over the final six innings after the Bears (10-2) posted three runs on three hits in the bottom of the first inning. It was her second victory over BU in the tournament and her third victory over a ranked team this season.

Baylor struck first this meeting as Chelsi Lake hit a line drive home run to left center field to give the Bears a quick 3-0 lead.

Cuevas would give up two hits in the second inning, but would allow only three more hits the rest of the way.

BU starting pitcher Kirsten Shortridge was able to keep the Ragin’ Cajuns at bay through the first three innings. The Cajuns were done quickly in the first inning when Runyan lined into a double play that erased Meagan Godwin’s leadoff single. Shortridge then held UL without a hit in the second and third innings.

The Cajuns began to chip away at BU and Shortride in the fourth inning when Runyan started the frame with a home run into the left field bleachers trimming the Bears’ lead to 3-1.

After surviving two fielding errors in the bottom of the fourth inning Cuevas would strand two Baylor runners keeping the lead at 3-1.

That was the calm before a rocky fifth inning for the visitors that vaulted the home team into the lead for good.

UL began the fifth getting a pinch hit double from Desi Chatman. Karli Hubbard then shoved an infield single to shortstop giving the Cajuns two baserunners.

A Vallie Gaspard sacrifice bunt attempt set the wheels in motion and eventually chased Shortridge from the game.

On the bunt, BU third baseman Brette Reagan’s throw sailed wide of first base and rolled down the right field line. The Bears would recover to catch Chatman attempting to score for the first out. Meanwhile Hubbard and Gaspard moved to second and third base.

The Bears elected to make a pitching change and bring in Lisa Ferguson.

Godwin stepped up and looped a single into shallow center field just over the reach of the defense scoring Hubbard to slice the BU lead to 3-2. Runyan then drew a walk to load the bases for Lacey Bertucci.

Bertucci also got a free pass from Ferguson forcing home Gaspard with the tying run.

With all runners on base under her responsibility, the game was in Ferguson’s hand with Tankersley stepping up to the plate.

A few pitches later and Tankersley broke the tie with a grand slam home run to center field putting the Cajuns in front 7-3.

UL added one more run in the sixth inning when a dropped foul ball continued the at bat of Gaspard allowing her to single into shallow left field and advance Hubbard (one-out bunt single) over to second base. Two batters later Runyan dropped a single into center field scoring Hubbard for her second run of the game making it 8-3.

The victory gave UL the championship of the Ragin’ Cajuns Invitational – the squad’s second tournament title of the season.

The Cajuns improved to 11-0 this season at Lamson Park after the weekend sweep of the Ragin’ Cajuns Invitational.

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns will be back in action on Wednesday, Feb. 21 as they host McNeese State at Lamson Park. First pitch will be at 5 p.m., and only one game will be played.

LOUISIANA SI

Default Re: Lady Cajuns Top Baylor For Invitational Championship

And this was supposed to be a down year.

I'll take these down years any year.

Great job ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    And this was supposed to be a down year.

I'll take these down years any year.

Great job ladies.
    And considering the top 5 recruiting class coming in next year, is a National Championship in 2008 a pipe dream???

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState
    And considering the top 5 recruiting class coming in next year, is a National Championship in 2008 a pipe dream???
    That's what I'm talking about.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information