Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns softball 2007 Season

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Softball regional game vs. Houston

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh
    _ Unfortunately, there was no grin and it certainly is not a wish, I'm just thinking the Cajuns will not be able to come back and win this. Are you there at the regional, Just1More? _
    Sorry Icitsh, I didn't see your question. No, I just watched it on the internet link. I cannot tell what they can or cannot do to finish out this regional. This team has, at times, played extremely well, and at other times showed signs of a weakness or two. So much rides on pitching. Cuevas has great stuff, but has had occasional costly miscues. I could not tell how much of our batting was lack of confidence, the Houston pitcher hitting her spots, and/or the large strike zone.

The TV angle wasn't great for judging that strike zone. but at times, I could swear a pitch was a good foot off the plate and the guy would ring up a strike. Once, the Houston catcher jumped up, and she was a very tall girl, to snatch a high fast ball. It may have been a riser, but how that was a strike blew me away. I watched for a similar strike zone call when Cuevas was pitching, and it was either not happening, or Cuevas failed to realize what she could have gotten away with. JMO

UL Softball Louisiana vs. Sam Houston State

Ok it's not working for me yet with the Live Video, hopefully only because it's not streaming yet.

Anyway, Houston beat Texas A&M 8-1 today so this could get very interesting.

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Sam Houston State

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    _ Ok it's not working for me yet with the Live Video, hopefully only because it's not streaming yet.

Anyway, Houston beat Texas A&M 8-1 today so this could get very interesting. _
    http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/play.ve&media=29645

(Better link)

UL Softball Elimination game vs. SHSU

The ladies are having a tough time just like their male counterparts. The good news is they haven't trailed all game. But they've been tied 1-1 for several innings and are in extra innings. They just have not been able to get a clutch hit all day. After a lead-off HR, the Cajuns have not been able to get much going against the Bearkat's pitcher. We did have a runner on third with 1 out in the 6th or 7 th inning, but were unable to get her home. I wasn't worried about losing this game until then. Now I am afraid we will have to have a minor miracle to win this game. Hopefully one of the ladies will step up and get that big hit!

Default Re: Elimination game vs. SHSU

Game over, ladies fall 2-1. Very disappointing finish to a surprisingly good year. In a "rebuilding year", they accomplished quite a lot. But for some reason, the ladies just couldn't get it done the last 2-3 weeks. It's a shame because they did so many positive things this year. But all that will be remembered is how they finished, 2 & BBQ in the SBC tourney and 2 & BBQ in the NCAA Regionals. I guess the fatigue and injuries caught up with them. They were NOT close to being the same team we saw earlier in the season. I believe the fact that there were so many freshman played a significant role. Even though most said that by now the freshmen were not rookies any more, I think the stress of the season took a toll they weren't used to. Next year we all look forward to the season with great anticipation and equally great expectations (can you say WCWS?). But let's not forget the great legacy this year's seniors gave to the program! Thanks!

6. Default Re: Elimination game vs. SHSU

Wow I am just reading this. On the NCAAsports.com softball scoreboard it has ya'll winning 2-1. now I read that you lost. They need to correct that. Sorry about that cajun fans. Well now move on to your great baseball team. I think they can do some damage.

UL Softball Re: Elimination game vs. SHSU

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66
    _ Wow I am just reading this. On the NCAAsports.com softball scoreboard it has ya'll winning 2-1. now I read that you lost. They need to correct that. Sorry about that cajun fans. Well now move on to your great baseball team. I think they can do some damage. _
    Ladies were just too beat up, with 3-4 players playing out of position and a pitcher with a bum knee, and blister on her throwing hand, not good.

They can now go an get a well deserved rest and heal up, train up, and reqroup as a still a very young but an even MORE talented team for next year.

DaddyCajun

ps I just really love those Lady Cajuns, still number one in my heart and will be number one in the Country in the near future!!!!

8. UL Softball UL goes two and out in regional

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - If it's possible for one play to epitomize how a season that had gone so wrong could get worse, it happened here on Saturday afternoon.
    Stunning. Shocking. Unbelievable.

Pick the adjective, because they all apply.

"This team left a lot of unfinished games on the field and that's what I'm most disappointed about," UL coach Stefni Lotief said following a 2-1 loss in eight innings against Sam Houston State at Texas A&M's softball complex.

And the final sequence that eliminated the Cajuns from the College Station Regional went like this:

With one out in the bottom of the eighth, SHS's Casey Everitt reached base on a throwing error by shortstop Karli Hubbard. Two pitches later, Stephanie Mosley flared a ball into shallow right field. That's when the end came for the Cajuns.

The rest of the story

Bob Heist
    bheist@theadvertiser.com

9. UL Softball 'Disappointing' finish veers from UL legacy

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - History and tradition don't mean a thing if you're not packing enough bullets.

And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the worst end to a season for UL softball since 1981 hinges on that reality.

"When you're young like this, and then compound it with injuries, that takes a toll," Cajuns coach Stefni Lotief said after her team was unceremoniously shown the door from the College Station NCAA Regional by Sam Houston State.

"But this isn't what we expect from our program, either. Being honest, we have some things to look at - and we're going to do that."

But it has been a wacky year for the kids from over at Lamson Park. Because, truthfully, early on, UL was easily among the nation's elite.

Before March arrived, the Cajuns had taken two games apiece from both then-ranked No. 14 Georgia and No. 17 Baylor. Heck, the team won 20 of its first 22 games, and went toe-to-toe with No. 2 Arizona, losing 2-0 in eight innings on March 16.

But that's when signs of trouble started to leak through the crevices.

The rest of the story

Bob Heist

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29

Thread Information