Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns softball 2007 Season

Default Re: Softball regional game vs. Houston

Deep fly ball, caught at the wall. After 7, we are tied 3-3.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888
    Deep fly ball, caught at the wall. After 7, we are tied 3-3.
    Going into the 9th, still 3-3.

Walk off home run. Cougars win it in 9, 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    _ Going into the 9th, still 3-3. _
    Its over. Houston homers to win it in the 9th

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    Its over. Houston homers to win it in the 9th
    Bring on the Sam Houston Institute of Technology. (Then UHoo again, then A&M x2).

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Softball regional game vs. Houston

_ Bring on the Sam Houston Institute of Technology. (Then UHoo again, then A&M x2). _
    Who will be pitching tomorrow?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I hate to whine (not really) but that ump called a very large strike zone in favor of Houston, but it didn't look nearly as tall and wide for us. Once that Houston pitcher saw how wide she could get a strike called, I think she did her job very well. She and that ump made a very good team.

_ Bring on the Sam Houston Institute of Technology. (Then UHoo again, then A&M x2). _
    Not going to happen. Other teams now have the proper scouting report to beat us. As "talented" as this team may be, you have to execute to be champions. And yes, I will be glad to eat my words IF they come through and start playing like they can. I don't think I'll have to do so.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Softball regional game vs. Houston

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh
    _ Not going to happen. Other teams now have the proper scouting report to beat us. As "talented" as this team may be, you have to execute to be champions. And yes, I will be glad to eat my words IF they come through and start playing like they can. I don't think I'll have to do so. _
    What do you think is the cause of the poor execution? Who will be pitching tomorrow?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh
    _ Not going to happen. Other teams now have the proper scouting report to beat us. As "talented" as this team may be, you have to execute to be champions. And yes, I will be glad to eat my words IF they come through and start playing like they can. I don't think I'll have to do so. _
    I thought he was making more of a wish than a prediction, hence the big grin. I do think we will get a shot at A&M. Today, that Houston pitcher was taking full advantage of a huge strike zone, and that is a softball bat killer. Cuevas threw a couple of mistakes right into the sweet spots. That was the difference in the game. The Cajuns are a little stale at the plate, but that strike zone appeared to be very large.

Cheers, and here's to wishing you have to eat your words!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    _ I thought he was making more of a wish than a prediction, hence the big grin. I do think we will get a shot at A&M. Today, that Houston pitcher was taking full advantage of a huge strike zone, and that is a softball bat killer. Cuevas threw a couple of mistakes right into the sweet spots. That was the difference in the game. The Cajuns are a little stale at the plate, but that strike zone appeared to be very large.

Cheers, and here's to wishing you have to eat your words! _
    Unfortunately, there was no grin and it certainly is not a wish, I'm just thinking the Cajuns will not be able to come back and win this. Are you there at the regional, Just1More?

Default Re: Holas - Lotief matchup worth noting

Congratulations to coach Holas and the Cougars for the success that she has had this year. It is also worth noting that she built that program from the ground up.as in it didn't exist until she was hired. Pretty fantastic job.

13. UL Softball Lady Cajuns of UL have been here before

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Following Friday's regional game against Houston, UL is now mired in a three-game losing streak. The Cajuns have also lost four of their last five.

And while that seems an unusual stretch of futility for such a high-profile program, UL has endured similar streaks. For instance:

Since 2000, the Cajuns have gone through a pair of four-game losing streaks - this season (McNeese and a series sweep by Florida International) and in 2005 (two against No. 2 Arizona, No. 21 Arizona State and Long Beach State).

There have been five other three-game losing streaks during that time, including a series sweep by Arizona in 2006.

The crux of the current struggles has been UL's inabilty to create timely hits and the ability of opponents to connect in crucial situations.

The rest of the story

Bob Heist
    bheist@theadvertiser.com

14. UL Softball Injuries could decide Lady Cajuns fate

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Brittany Cuevas didn't come to the post-game media conference on Friday, but that probably didn't have much to do with the pain of an extra-inning loss.

The record-setting freshman pitcher for UL was playing on one leg at the end of the College Station regional game against Houston. The media had to wait as she was taken to have a gimpy right knee examined.

And Cuevas wasn't making the trip alone, either.

Former Comeaux star Desi Chatman exited the softball complex at Texas A&M University on crutches and her left knee in an air cast after being injured in the seventh inning.

The rest of the story

15. UL Softball Lady Cajuns fall to late homer

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - It's funny how a team's perspective can change in a month. But Houston proved Friday that it's not hard at all to go from humbled to hungry.

"This is huge," the Cougars' Haley Valis said after blasting a walk-off home run in the ninth inning to beat UL, 4-3, in the first game of the College Station NCAA Softball Regional.

"Earlier in the season, we had a big fallout against them and they beat us up pretty good. More than anything else with this game, we wanted to prove ourselves to them - and I think we did."

One month ago to the day on April 18, Conference USA champion Houston (43-16) came to Lamson Park and absorbed 5-0 and 14-0 losses. And the stats from that doubleheader reflected the scores.

The rest of the story

Bob Heist
    bheist@theadvertiser.com

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread Information