Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns softball 2007 Season

1. Default Re: NCAA Regionals Friday at 1:00

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    _ I wonder if the old basketball saying "it is hard to beat a team 3 times" holds as true in softball. _
    We shall see!!

2. UL Softball Re: UL vs Houston, NCAA Regionals Friday at 1:00

What I don't understand is our #3 seed in our bracket. What's up with that? The other teams (besides A&M) are not nationally ranked, we are. I know this may seem petty, just wondering the reason.

3. UL Softball UL softball to face familiar foe Houston for third time

Most of the members of UL's softball team didn't even notice who they were playing in the NCAA Regional Tournament this week, such was their excitement at seeing their own name pop up during Sunday's televised bracket announcement.

Once they figured out their opponent, they were probably even more excited.

The Cajuns will see some familiar faces in the opening game of the College Station, Texas, Regional Friday when they face Houston's Cougars. Their 1 p.m. game at the Aggie Softball Complex will be followed by host and top-seeded Texas A&M against Sam Houston State at 4 p.m.

UL faced off with Houston in an April 18 doubleheader at Lamson Park, and it was an evening the Cougars would just as soon forget. The host Cajuns rolled to 5-0 and 14-0 wins, winning the finale in four and one-half innings via mercy rule.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: UL vs Houston, NCAA Regionals Friday at 1:00

Quote Originally Posted by angellebertrand
    What I don't understand is our #3 seed in our bracket. What's up with that? The other teams (besides A&M) are not nationally ranked, we are. I know this may seem petty, just wondering the reason.
    Reason 1: Not winning the regular season SBC crown
    Reason 2: 2 and out in the SBC tourney

Good news is that we aren't up against a high 2 (i.e. there ain't much difference in the selection committee's eyes).

Default Re: UL vs Houston, NCAA Regionals Friday at 1:00

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    _ Reason 1: Not winning the regular season SBC crown
    Reason 2: 2 and out in the SBC tourney

Good news is that we aren't up against a high 2 (i.e. there ain't much difference in the selection committee's eyes). _
    Concur. This is no big deal. This is a good matchup for our girls and I think we have a fighting chance to advance as well.

6. UL Softball Hubbard fills in at shortstop

The last thing Karli Hubbard figured she'd be doing over the last three weeks was playing shortstop.

The last time she lined up anywhere in the infield was back at Comeaux High, where she helped lead the Spartans to three straight district titles. Since then, she'd become a fixture in the outfield for UL's nationally-ranked softball team.

Yet, there she was, positioned closer to the plate than she imagined, or wanted.

"I pretty much freaked a little," Hubbard said. "But you have to get over that."

Hubbard wound up manning the shortstop slot for the Ragin' Cajuns over the final two weeks of the regular season and in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament through a domino effect.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

7. UL Softball Experienced Where it Matters

One of the raps against UL's softball team all season was its youth, but the Ragin' Cajuns aren't young when it comes to the NCAA Tournament.

When UL takes the field Friday against Houston in the opening game of the College Station Regional, the Cajun roster includes players that have played in 61 NCAA Tournament games in their careers.

Seniors Lacey Bertucci and Desi Chatman have 14 NCAA games each under their postseason belts and junior Holly Tankersley has made 11 NCAA tourney appearances. Four other players have started NCAA games.

"As you go through the experience, it's a benefit to having played in the NCAA's," said Cajun co-head coach Michael Lotief. "It's part of the learning process. It's the environment and the atmosphere that makes it different. There's so much riding on every pitch."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

8. UL Softball Holas - Lotief matchup worth noting

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - There are 16 tournaments taking place at regional sites across the country, but none will match the storylines that begin to develop here today.

I guess they really do make things bigger in Texas.

"I never thought about everything that was involved that way," Houston coach Kyla Holas admitted Thursday. "But while I know it's interesting, I'm just so focused on my team. And I bet she is too."

Well, count me inquisitive, because when former players from one of the country's elite programs meet for the first time in NCAA play as head coaches, there's a certain interest level raised.

And that's what will happen today when UL and Houston square off at 1 p.m. to open the College Station Regional at Texas A&M's Aggie Softball Complex.

The rest of the story

UL Softball Softball regional game vs. Houston

For those of you with nothing to do at work, like myself, there is a link on ragincajuns.com to watch the game live for FREE

Default Re: Softball regional game vs. Houston

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888
    _ For those of you with nothing to do at work, like myself, there is a link on ragincajuns.com to watch the game live for FREE _
    I wish my lunch didn't end at one, or that I didn't have anything to do. I'll be back and forth to check it though!

Oh my gosh, this is awesome. Go Cajuns!

Cajuns 0 - Houston 2 after 1 inning.

13. UL Softball Re: Softball regional game vs. Houston

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888
    _ Cajuns 0 - Houston 2 after 1 inning. _
    I clicked refresh and I lost the game and when I signed back in it won't come up. Any ideas?

14. Default Re: Softball regional game vs. Houston

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns4life
    _ I clicked refresh and I lost the game and when I signed back in it won't come up. Any ideas? _
    NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

I guess just keep trying. I did the same thing earlier and it worked just fine.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread Information