Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns softball 2007 Season

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: FAU wins Sun Belt Softball Championship

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    didnt we sweep these girls in the regular season?

Z.

2. UL Softball Re: FAU wins Sun Belt Softball Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    _ didnt we sweep these girls in the regular season?

Z. _
    Yes the 3 game score was 13-4

So if there is one team we wanted to win the tourney (besides us) it would be FAU. A season sweep against the champs can't do to much damage.

3. UL Softball NCAA bid ???

The Lady Cajuns were 7-3 their last 10 games.

11-4 was their record for the last 15 games.

I have no doubt they are in.

I think we are judging them against themselves and not the rest of the field.

I just hope the NCAA commitee doesn't pit step vs rep. In other words I hope they don't use UL-Women vs Lady Cajuns to decide. This team deserves a bid without a doubt.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Lady Cajun Softball 3-seed in College Station

UL
    A@M
    Sam Houston St
    UH

Z.

Default Re: Lady Cajun Sftball in College Station

REGIONALS
    May 17-19 or 18-20

Houston (42-16)
    La.-Lafayette (46-16)

Sam Houston St. (37-24)
    (4) Texas A&M* (40-10)

I couldn't tell by the info whether we are the 2 or 3 seed. However, in comparison with Houston, I'd say we're prolly the 2 seed. I also think that if we play up to potential, we could very well win this regional.

Did FAU make the regionals?

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS SOFTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    _ REGIONALS
    May 17-19 or 18-20

Houston (42-16)
    La.-Lafayette (46-16)

Sam Houston St. (37-24)
    (4) Texas A&M* (40-10)

I couldn't tell by the info whether we are the 2 or 3 seed. However, in comparison with Houston, I'd say we're prolly the 2 seed. I also think that if we play up to potential, we could very well win this regional.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS SOFTBALL!!!!!!!!!!! _
    No other Sun Belt programs made a regional.

REGIONALS
    May 17-19 or 18-20

Houston (42-16)
    La.-Lafayette (46-16)

Sam Houston St. (37-24)
    (4) Texas A&M* (40-10)

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS SOFTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!
    we are a #3.

Default Re: Lady Cajun Softball 3-seed in College Station

I really like this regional!!! We know we can beat Houston when we play to our potential.

9. UL Softball Re: Lady Cajun Softball 3-seed in College Station

INDIANAPOLIS—Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns will make their school-record ninth consecutive NCAA appearance, as they earned one of 35 at-large berths to the tournament. The Cajuns will travel to College Station, Texas to compete in the Regional on May 18-20, hosted by Texas A&M. Exact game times will be announced at a later time to be determined by the host institution.

No. 23 Louisiana (46-16) will play Houston (42-16) in the opening game. The Cougars were the Conference USA regular season and tournament champions. The teams met in Lafayette on April 18, with the Cajuns sweeping a twin bill, 5-0 and 14-0.

No. 7 Texas A&M (40-10) earned the NCAA’s No. 4 national seed and will meet Southland Conference Tournament Champion Sam Houston State (37-24).

The Cajuns boast a better record vs. the Top 25 than any of the three other teams in their region, but have the least experience against their regional foes. UL is 5-3 vs. the Top 25, while TAMU is 7-6, UH is 1-10 and SHS is 0-4

UL had just the two games vs. UH on their schedule, but the Cougars met all three regional opponents twice, losing to the Cajuns and Aggies both times, but defeating the Bearkats twice. The Aggies and Bearkats met once during the season with TAMU prevailing by a 9-0 score.

The winner of the region will advance to a super-regional to face the NCAA’s No. 13 region consisting of No. 17 Georgia Tech, No. 18 Texas, No. 19 Florida, and Stetson.

The Cajuns have made the NCAA Tournament every season under head coach Stefni Lotief – a streak of seven straight appearances.

The rest of the story
    RaginCajuns.com

UL Softball Re: Lady Cajun Softball 3-seed in College Station

U know what this means? Besides pulling for the Lady Cajuns, I'm going for a monumental upset by Stetson of all the other teams in their regional, meaning that we'd host a super regional. (I believe the way it works is that the highest seeded victorious team from the 2 regionals is the host)

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS SOFTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: What Are the Consequences???

I didn't have much doubt about them getting in also, I'm just surprised about some of the surrounding circumstances. No Baton Rouge, they go to College Station to play a team they have easily beaten this year, recently too. LSU wins the SEC tournament and they have to hit the road, not just once, but twice, to PAC-10 sites to make it to the WCWS. FAU, with a top 50 RPI and the regular season and tournament champion of a Top 10 RPI conference, is told to go back home and be more successful against top 25/50 ball clubs (1-6/4-11), and play more games on the road (26 road/neutral, 39 home).

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh
    _ I didn't have much doubt about them getting in also, I'm just surprised about some of the surrounding circumstances. No Baton Rouge, they go to College Station to play a team they have easily beaten this year, recently too. LSU wins the SEC tournament and they have to hit the road, not just once, but twice, to PAC-10 sites to make it to the WCWS. FAU, with a top 50 RPI and the regular season and tournament champion of a Top 10 RPI conference, is told to go back home and be more successful against top 25/50 ball clubs (1-6/4-11), and play more games on the road (26 road/neutral, 39 home). _
    I would say that UL going to College Station and LSU going to Palo Alto are both surprising. For the Cajuns, it mean't a drop from #2 seed to a #3because they were 7-3 in their last 10 games and were bounced from the Sun Belt Tournament. I'm not surprised that FAU did not, because there is not a automatic bid for the Sun Belt Tournament Champion. And the Selection committee has told the Cajun staff they must improve their schedule.

_ U know what this means? Besides pulling for the Lady Cajuns, I'm going for a monumental upset by Stetson of all the other teams in their regional, meaning that we'd host a super regional. (I believe the way it works is that the highest seeded victorious team from the 2 regionals is the host)

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS SOFTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! _
    Doesn't matter. If we can beat A & M, we can beat Texas. I like Texas over Georgia Tech or Florida in that region.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru
    _ I would say that UL going to College Station and LSU going to Palo Alto are both surprising. For the Cajuns, it mean't a drop from #2 seed to a #3because they were 7-3 in their last 10 games and were bounced from the Sun Belt Tournament. I'm not surprised that FAU did not, because there is not a automatic bid for the Sun Belt Tournament Champion. And the Selection committee has told the Cajun staff they must improve their schedule. _
    I would say that they got in, not just because they improved the schedule, but that they were successful against it. 8-3 vs. the top 25 RPI, 13-3 vs. the top 50. FAU was 1-6 vs. the top 25, 4-11 vs. top 50. Also, Cajuns played 31 games @ home, 31 road/neutral, while FAU played 39 @ home, 26 road/neutral.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread Information