Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns softball 2007 Season

UL Softball Louisiana vs ULM Softball Game #2 feed

On RaginCajun.com the Softball feed is still in the 3rd inning of Game One. Is there another feed and why do we have to depend on ULM's feed and not just have our own.

Everyone KNOW's that ULM has Crank Dialup, which I am told is slow as heck.

Post what you know,
    Thanks,
    DaddyCajun

Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM Softball Game #2 feed

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    On RaginCajun.com the Softball feed is still in the 3rd inning of Game One. Is there another feed and why do we have to depend on ULM's feed and not just have our own.

Everyone KNOW's that ULM has Crank Dialup, which I am told is slow as heck.

Post what you know,
    Thanks,
    DaddyCajun
    Cajuns won game one 5-3
    Troy won game one 2-0

Cajuns and ULM are tied scoreless in the top of the 5th
    Troy is down 4-0 in the top of the 5th

Cajuns and Warhawks still tied at 0 going into the top of the 6th

Troy scores a single run but still trails 4-1 going into the top of the 6th

Still 0-0 heading into the top of the 7th. Cajuns need a big run!

Troy still down 5-1 now heading to top 7th also.

Melissa Verde draws a no out walk! This might get something going.

Never mind as Sigur gets caught trying to steal second as a pinch runner

Hamilton grounds out

and Godwin strikes out

Bottom of the 7th time to play some D

UL Softball Re: Louisiana vs ULM Softball Game #2 feed

ULM homers in the bottom of the 7th to WIN 1-0 over Louisiana.

These ladies are not Freshmen any longer as it is the very end of the season, so how can a team still play soooooooooo inconsistant?

They are making their own bed and I think a bed bug just bit them(UL).

Now they must win tomorrow and Troy must lose again tomorrow.

DaddyCajun

These ladies are not Freshmen any longer as it is the very end of the season, so how can a team still play soooooooooo inconsistant?

DaddyCajun
    This is awful. I am ashamed, and there is nothing anyone can tell me that will convince me otherwise. As much as I would like to say they have a good chance in the regionals, this weekend and last weekend at North Texas prove otherwise.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

DaddyCajun
    unreal, huh?

You know your mission, you are playing possibly the worst softball team in the nationyou dont get it done.

I mentioned this on Delphi, you cant lay this at the feet of the young lady pitching, she held ulm scoreless thru 6 Where the he.ll were our sticks. We drop 30 on Houston in a double header, and we cant scratch against Pecan Island JV? cmon.

Im sure we arent saying anything Coaches Loitief arent saying right about now.The girls have played so well this year.

We do it again tomorrow!!!

Z.

10. Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM Softball Game #2 feed

Like Z said it wasn't pitching. Anyone consider that the Ladies see such good pitching in practice they might struggle against poor pitching? Like one big off speed weekend

However in the Mesay Cliché department.

If freshman are no longer freshmen . . . are seniors semi-pro?

UL Softball Re: Louisiana vs ULM Softball Game #2 feed

No, dey be full PRO. Eder dey be prego' or no prego'!

knuckle head, Turb.

DaddyCajun

12. UL Softball UL Women Split, fall out of contention for Sun Belt title

MONROE - UL's softball team saw the Sun Belt Conference regular-season championship - their private possession since the league inaugurated the sport - sail over the left-field fence at the ULM Softball Complex Saturday afternoon.

ULM catcher Heather Williams took the first pitch in the bottom of the seventh inning to that spot, providing the host Warhawks with a 1-0 nightcap upset over the 24th-ranked Ragin' Cajuns.

The second-game loss, after the Cajuns had won the opener 5-3, deprived UL (45-14, 14-8 Sun Belt) of a golden opportunity in the league race. The Cajuns entered the final weekend of league play one-half game behind Troy in the conference standings, and the host Trojans did their part by falling to South Alabama 5-1 in the second game of their Saturday twinbill.

UL could have put itself within one win in today's series wrapup of a seventh straight regular-season crown.

Now, because of the loss and Florida Atlantic's 7-1 home win over Florida International Saturday, the best the Cajuns can do in the league race is second place.

"That's just not good enough," said a disappointed UL coach Stefni Lotief after the abrupt nightcap loss, one that turned into an unlikely pitchers' duel between first-time Cajun starter Amanda Hill and ULM backup Kandace Causey.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

If I had to blame it on something, it would be inconsistency/lack of rhythm. I'm not really sure exactly what that means, it just seems like the right word to describe a team that has enough talent to beat the #2 team in the nation while losing to one of the worst. Maybe these girls needed a good dose of humility that they've received this season. Maybe they needed to realize that if they don't keep their heads in the game, they're not invincible.

One thing that keeps me going, during this season, is the fact that there are hundreds of teams out there in DI softball that would love to be having a "down" season as we're having, with a 45-14 record (14-8) in conference. I guess that we just have such high expectations for our program, that anything less that absolutely dominating the SBC is frustrating.

Only thing I'm not too sure about is how well we'll do in regionals. We have the talent to go far into the postseason, but our inconsistency could possibly hurt us.

anyhoo.

Y'all have a good one and God Bless,
    Sid

p.s.- Don't forget that if this issue is one of our biggest problems, then we lead truly blessed lives

p.s.s.- I wouldn't mind it though if the good Lord blessed us with the SBC Conference Championship

14. UL Softball Lady Cajuns look to retain strangle on conference at Tournament

MONROE - UL's softball team came up one-half game short in its quest for a seventh straight Sun Belt Conference regular-season title. But the Ragin' Cajuns will be looking to continue an even longer success streak this week.

The Cajuns have won all seven of the previous Sun Belt Tournaments since the league began the sport in 2000, and they'll enter this week's tournament in Murfreesboro, Tenn., as the second seed.

UL (15-8) will meet seventh-seeded North Texas (10-14) in the opening round of the double-elimination tournament at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, after third-seeded Troy (15-9) and sixth-seeded Western Kentucky (11-13) open the tourney at 10 a.m.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

15. UL Softball Lady Cajuns regain momentum

MONROE - Less than 24 hours after its most disappointing moment of the 2007 season, UL's softball team bounced back Sunday afternoon to regain momentum heading into the Sun Belt Conference Tournament.

The Ragin' Cajuns, who lost their final chance at a seventh straight Sun Belt regular-season title thanks to a walk-off home run in the nightcap of Saturday's doubleheader, jumped out to a 9-1 lead over host UL Monroe and went on to a 9-3 victory in the regular-season finale.

The Cajuns (46-14, 15-8), with the win and Troy's 6-2 Sunday loss to South Alabama, finish second behind Florida Atlantic (16-8) by one-half game in the race for the regular-season title. UL will be the second seed in the Sun Belt Tournament beginning Wednesday in Murfreesboro, Tenn., and will face seventh-seeded North Texas at 12:30 p.m. in the opener of the double-elimination tournament.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread Information