Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns softball 2007 Season

1. UL Softball You make the call out or safe

I was able to watch the 1st game vs Northwestern (missed the 2nd) In G1 Brittany Cuevas gave up 2 home runs early then totally shut Northwestern down. The final was 6-2

OK you make the call. In a throw back to 1st base was Karli Hubbard ultimately safe or not? Look at where the ball is and note that Karli is sliding hard.

Attached Images Attached Images    

UL Softball Re: You make the call out or safe

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I was able to watch the 1st game vs Northwestern (missed the 2nd) In G1 Brittany Cuevas gave up 2 home runs early then totally shut Northwestern down. The final was 6-2

OK you make the call. In a throw back to 1st base was Karli Hubbard ultimately safe or not? Look at where the ball is and note that Karli is sliding hard.
    S A F E!!!!!

DaddyCajun

Default Re: You make the call out or safe

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    S A F E!!!!!

DaddyCajun
    Looks like it
    Are the softball and baseball fields rennovated? Looks like they've changed since 2003?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    Looks like it
    Are the softball and baseball fields rennovated? Looks like they've changed since 2003?
    Yeah man, they've changed a bunch!

Z.

5. UL Softball Lady Cajuns outslug Demons

Coaches stress the importance of hitters making adjustments during a game. UL co-head softball coach Michael Lotief credited those adjustments for the Cajuns posting a pair of wins over Northwestern State on Wednesday at Lamson Park.

The Cajuns out-hit the Demons 11-2 in the opening game in rallying for a 6-2 victory, and then changed their focus in the nightcap in a 12-4 run-rule victory.

In the second game, NSU pitcher Michelle Castellano struggled to throw strikes, walking a total of 10 batters, but allowed only two hits through three innings and went into the fourth inning with a 4-3 lead.

In the fourth, though, Holly Tankersley and Lacey Bertucci drew leadoff walks, and Desi Chatman followed with a first-pitch home run over the center-field wall. One inning later, the Cajuns scored six more runs, in part thanks to three more walks.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Balls fly fast but Karli has such a small distance to cover I'm guesing safe.

looks can be deceiving, but there were several blown calls last nightfor both sides.

i say safe! :O)

Last night's ump in the second game was TERRIBLE. I mean, AWFUL

I agree, but on the same hand teams can only blame so much on a bad ump before they have to realize that responsibility falls to them. What I've seen UL do this year in both softball and baseball (which is why boths teams are not just ok, but GOOD) is that they use the talent and means they have to overcome bad officiating.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!

Looks like she slid to soon and her slide is over.

OUT

This is so COOL Re: You make the call out or safe

Quote Originally Posted by BurninCayenne
    Looks like she slid to soon and her slide is over.

OUT
    Her slide is not over, she has not even touched the ground with her chest and hips.

Safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Her slide is not over, she has not even touched the ground with her chest and hips.

Safe.
    You're right I thought she was getting up to get closer but now I see the dirt wave from her hand. When do we get the real answer?

post script SAFE

UL Softball Softball Rankings for the remainder of the season

If we stay the course, and win most of the rest of our games, and lose a couple (expected b/c of our youth), I don't see us changing much in the polls. I think with the weakness of our conference in softball (us being the exception) and us having already had a chance to play good teams (1 of which we beat and two of which we didnt), our rankings will not be affected much at all.

My two scenarios for improving our rankings are this:
    1)Win out the rest of the way. Regardless of the weakness of the rest of our schedule, that would put us at 56-7. I don't care who you play, if you are 56-7 at the end of the season, you deserve to be top 10.

2)Regardless of us winning out or doing as expected and winning most of the rest of our games with a couple losses sprinkled here and there, we can also move up in rankings if the 14 ahead of us have some major collapses. I don't really see any major collapses in the top 5, but I certainly think that 6-14 are capable of it (why I think that, I don't know, it just sounds good and makes sense).

What about y'all? Am I right on? Am I dead wrong? Are there any other rank changing scenarios?

Regardless of the rank, I hope our ladies continue to kick butt, especially at the conference tourney and the regionals and beyond.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUN SOFTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. UL Softball Re: You make the call out or safe

OK here you go, the picture from when the ball was caught.

It looks to me like Karli has been there so long she could use the base as a pilow

Default Re: Softball Rankings for the remainder of the season

I see us staying right around where we are now, unless "we" have a meltdown. Most ahead of us play in tougher conferences (as you've alluded to); so losses within conference play will not affect them as greatly as losses in our conference would. Could we move up 2-3, or 4 spots; yes, but I think its less likely than dropping a couple places. Regardless, I think we're looking at a 3 seed in any regional. Not bad for a rebuilding year! JM $0.02.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information