Thread: Hudspeth defends Broadway

1. Default Hudspeth defends Broadway

He put up impressive passing numbers for yardage, 374, and completion percentage, 71.8 on 28-of-39.

But with three interceptions and two lost fumbles, starting quarterback Terrance Broadway also committed all five UL Ragin' Cajuns turnovers in UL's 50-27 loss to Arkansas State on Tuesday.

Default Re: Hudspeth defends Broadway

With an inept running game, a porous defense, and play calling creativity that wasn't up to that of ASU.Terrence didn't seem to get much help.

I'm going to keep saying it. We overachieved last year and still have some building to do to get where we want. Hud is the right man and I see enough in Broadway to say we have a solid future at QB. He will learn. Hud will motivate and build.

Don't let go of that **** roap

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    I'm going to keep saying it. We overachieved last year and still have some building to do to get where we want. Hud is the right man and I see enough in Broadway to say we have a solid future at QB. He will learn. Hud will motivate and build.

Don't let go of that **** roap
    Dont forget, we didn't have the injuries we had this year either. Everything went our way last year. This year, not so much. This is still a talented team that can turn it around. They need to play lights out over the next few weeks but it can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Dont forget, we didn't have the injuries we had this year either. Everything went our way last year. This year, not so much. This is still a talented team that can turn it around. They need to play lights out over the next few weeks but it can happen.
    Agree with everything you said about talent, but like Jay said last year we were lucky with injuries. Most if not all mid majors can't recruit depth and with the injuries we have had we are now paying the price! I can see us struggling to a 6-6 season. I hope I am wrong but please someone try to explain how it will get that much better than what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    With an inept running game, a porous defense, and play calling creativity that wasn't up to that of ASU.Terrence didn't seem to get much help.
    How about an article about the train wreck we call a defense. That's where we have more concerns.

On Broadway, most fans I think, understand that he is young, he will make mistakes, and has a ways to go, but has plenty of positives to be excited about his future with the program. Also, Hud backing up Broadway is expected, he's a smart coach and he won't turn quickly on his QB. That would not only cause Broadway to have issues with Coach Hud, but other players would see that and not like it also. What we do want to see is improvement in the development of Broadway, and not see the same mistakes made over and over again. Plus, we have so many other issues to address, ie; coverage by the defense, pressure by the defense, tackling by the defense, Offensive line pass protection, Offensive line run blocking, receivers catching the ball, etc

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    Agree with everything you said about talent, but like Jay said last year we were lucky with injuries. Most if not all mid majors can't recruit depth and with the injuries we have had we are now paying the price! I can see us struggling to a 6-6 season. I hope I am wrong but please someone try to explain how it will get that much better than what it is now.
    I don't know if we'll sruggle to get to 6-6. I thibk even with our problems, we're much better than FAU and USA. But I think we will struggle to find a 7th win. ULM is our best chance imo

Thread Information