Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: UL Coach (1957-73) Beryl Shipley

UL Basketball Beryl Shipley

Once again, Beryl Shipley gets pass-over from the Louisiana Hall of Fame. The voters should be ashamed of themselves.

Default Re: Beryl Shipley

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    Once again, Beryl Shipley gets pass-over from the Louisiana Hall of Fame. The voters should be ashamed of themselves.
    I should know the answer to this so sorry it's a stupid question but, Is Dale Brown in the Louisiana Hall of Fame? If so then this is just pathetic. Dale Brown said himself he was scared to play us at that time.

Edit: Just checked and Dale Brown is in. That's just down right sad.

UL is represented well by coach J.C. Reinhardt in basketball in the Louisiana Hall of Fame, and there are not many men better than him. He was a great all-around coach - beat LSU several times and represented the university well. I believe Shipley has been forgiven, but the voters are not ready to reward him.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by USL1970 View Post
    UL is represented well by coach J.C. Reinhardt in basketball in the Louisiana Hall of Fame, and there are not many men better than him. He was a great all-around coach - beat LSU several times and represented the university well. I believe Shipley has been forgiven, but the voters are not ready to reward him.
    Reward?

I was thinking more like "pay a debt."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Reward?

I was thinking more like "pay a debt."
    ^^^^

This.

6. Default Re: Coach Shipley

Bump

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread Information