Thread: My oversimplified criteria for hiring football coaches

1. UL Football My oversimplified criteria for hiring football coaches

Hire a winner, he will have the teams ear.

Don't hire a coach from a losing team. He will be forced to start his tenure by making excuses for why he failed in his last outing.
    * Exception: His unit (Offense or Defense) excelled beyond the rest of the team and ranked at or near the top of his respective conference.

If you fire a .500 assistant you cannot hire an assitant from a team with a worse record and expect credibility. (see exception *)

This is my oversimplified criteria for hiring a football coach.

ps NEVER hire a coach that was demoted at his last job, which was also a loser. If you recall this was the case with the hire of Jerry Baldwin.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: My oversimplified criteria for hiring football coaches

Simpleton.

Default Re: My oversimplified criteria for hiring football coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Hire a winner, he will have the teams ear.

Don't hire a coach from a losing team. He will be forced to start his tenure by making excuses for why he failed in his last outing.
    * Exception: His unit (Offense or Defense) excelled beyond the rest of the team and ranked at or near the top of his respective conference.

If you fire a .500 assistant you cannot hire an assitant from a team with a worse record and expect credibility. (see exception *)

This is my oversimplified criteria for hiring a football coach.

ps NEVER hire a coach that was demoted at his last job, which was also a loser. If you recall this was the case with the hire of Jerry Baldwin.
    I would like to se us hire someone young and hungry that has turned a program around preferably on the college level but even high school. Someone that wants to make a name for themselves.

4. Default Re: My oversimplified criteria for hiring football coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I didn't give a caveat or into detail on that statement, but I think a high ranking at his previous stop would automatically garner the players collective ear come Spring.

Thread Information