Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broke. $

Default Broke. $

Wow.just finished watching the 30 for 30 on how multi-million dollar athletes go broke. Makes me so appreciate being an accountant that much more. It's so much easier to tell someone how much money THEY have.instead of being told how much money YOU have.

2. Default Re: Broke.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Wow.just finished watching the 30 for 30 on how multi-million dollar athletes go broke. Makes me so appreciate being an accountant that much more. It's so much easier to tell someone how much money THEY have.instead of being told how much money YOU have.
    ----Saw a little bit and that was VERY SAD----Hope it never gets to our former UL NFLers!!!!

Default Re: Broke.

Does the NFL not offer any form of money management classes/courses???? Then again, if they do."you can lead a camel to water, but you can't make him drink it"

Any idea when this will air again.

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaL View Post
    Does the NFL not offer any form of money management classes/courses???? Then again, if they do."you can lead a camel to water, but you can't make him drink it"
    The NFL has a "class" during the rookie symposium, but I highly doubt anyone listens.

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaL View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't just about every NFL player spend at least three years in college? What are they learning at these bastions of upper level education?

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

the doc following it was pretty effin tremendous also, not only b/c i despise carl "two unintentional positives" lewis but it was refreshing to hear what ben johnson had to say for once instead of carl speaking for him. i thought "broke" was good but i can never fully get into billy corbin's flicks.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I won't name names, but a high school classmate of mine played 4 years in the NFL and was even on a Super Bowl winner for one of those years. He made well over $1M during that 4 year span (and that was 25 years ago) yet he was flat broke less than a year after he played his last down in the NFL. Last I heard, he was driving a garbage truck back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I won't name names, but a high school classmate of mine played 4 years in the NFL and was even on a Super Bowl winner for one of those years. He made well over $1M during that 4 year span (and that was 25 years ago) yet he was flat broke less than a year after he played his last down in the NFL. Last I heard, he was driving a garbage truck back home.
    Brandon Mitchell?

I got the impression that much like Lance Armstrong, Carl Lewis was a fraud. And his midget enabler freaked me out.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Brandon Mitchell?
    Brandon Mitchell had a friend swindle over $500K in a poor business deal. I wouldn't say that he mismanaged money the way most in that feature has.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I got the impression that much like Lance Armstrong, Carl Lewis was a fraud. And his midget enabler freaked me out.
    If Lance Armstrong was a fraud, so were the other 95% of cyclists who were taking steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    If Lance Armstrong was a fraud, so were the other 95% of cyclists who were taking steroids.
    True enough. Doesn't make him any less a cheater.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

since we are talking docs and drugs watch this one http://www.biggerstrongerfastermovie.com

somewhat changed my perspective on p.e.d.'s

Read "the secret race" and the USADA report.

I have been meaning to watch that onewill soon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information