Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Vermilion's coverage

1. Ragin' Cajuns The Vermilion's coverage

Hello, all!

My name is Katie de la Rosa, and I am the sports editor at The Vermilion.

I want to actively engage UL's alumni and fans with the beloved student publication, so I hope to stimulate interest and readership by posting our sports articles on this forum.

In doing so, I encourage everyone to give honest criticism, thoughts and ideas.

I am a writer, as well as the editor. I am the person to contact if you have suggestions, comments or concerns. I'd love to hear them all!

I'll start by sharing my preview for this weekend's game (http://www.thevermilion.com/tulane-p.5#.UG2jrfnuVts) and sports writer Brandon Verret's column on the student section, or lack thereof (http://www.thevermilion.com/game-att.1#.UG2kAvnuVtt)

Thanks, guys.

p.s. The sports buff in me will chime in on these forums from now on, too! I'm excited!

- Katie

Default Re: The Vermilion's coverage

No making cases for Paper Tigers validity.

3. Default Re: The Vermilion's coverage

I like the coverage lately. As an independent pub, there should be a cease and desist on usage of UL Lafayette, especially when talking about the Ragin’ Cajuns, since the two terms have never been used together.

I picked up my last copy at (I think) Zoe's in River Ranch. I live in Abbeville so it isn’t easy to get a copy. Glad you are online. In years gone by I used to go by Edith Dupre Library at 2am on Thursdays to pick up a copy but a few years ago they started locking the doors. Then I went to Maggie Moos but I was getting fat.
    Do you know what the farthest south location to pick up a copy is?

Anyway, I know it isn’t easy keep up the good work. Geaux Louisiana!

4. Default Re: The Vermilion's coverage

Out with the old and in with the new -- I promote only our university.

5. Default Re: The Vermilion's coverage

We are required to refer to our school as "UL-Lafayette" on first reference, then "UL" throughout the rest of the article. We may also first address them as "Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns," as we often do.

I do not know, but will speak with our distributing manager and will let you know. Is there any place in particular that you'd like to see it? I will try to make that happen.

6. Default Re: The Vermilion's coverage

Quote Originally Posted by KatiedlRTheVerm View Post
    Is there any place in particular that you'd like to see it? I will try to make that happen.
    I would like for it to show up at my door step, can we make that possible Katie?

7. Default Re: The Vermilion's coverage

Abbeville jk please

Actually any place along Johnston, Ambassador Caffery, Kaliste Saloom, or Verot School road.

It would be great if it were a place that is open 24 hours. I am in Lafayette 3 times a day but at off hours.

Thanks for the offer.

8. Default Re: The Vermilion's coverage

I will personally do it every Wednesday morning, if that is what you want, Brandon.

9. Default Re: The Vermilion's coverage

No worries! That shouldn't be a problem.

I won't pay for the DA because they do not edit their copy. "The University of Louisiana in Beautiful Lafayette" is what I would use just to screw with our name haters and it sounds great and loving. I will pay for the Verm to get it online, because I live out west. Would love to read articles on students in all sports(also band,jazz & cheer), recruiting, research by professors and students, anything that builds a possitive message. Student musicians that are in bands and where they are playing around town. Up coming lecturers (lectors, lecters), when, where & what. ( I need an editor)

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMVerret View Post
    I would like for it to show up at my door step, can we make that possible Katie?
    Brandon, you palyed football at LHS?

12. Default Re: The Vermilion's coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Brandon, you palyed football at LHS?

Yes.

13. Default Re: The Vermilion's coverage

You don't have to pay for our online or print content! TheVermilion.com will direct you to articles and in-depth coverage on everything UL. We have a great news and feature staff that works hard to report on everything you just listed!

Katie gonna fire Brandon, better watch out

Fwiw, when Nick Fontenot was editor, UL was used.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information