Thread: Bowl Selections

Ragin' Cajuns Bowl Selections

I am sure everyone who reads this site, knows who is going to bowl games but notice the teams who the Cajuns use to play and beat that are going and we AIN'T going NOWHERE AGAIN.

Northern Illnois, use to be worse team in our conference back when, going again.

Tulsa, we use to be often and now they are going to bowl game again.

Cincinnati, they are going again.

East Carolina, going again

Here is a list of colleges that had some of the worst football programs in nation and now they are going;
    Rutgers
    Central Michigan
    Western Michigan
    Ohio
    Wake Forest
    Rice
    Middle Tennessee
    Nevada
    Kentucky
    San Jose State
    Utah

See the pattern:
    They are getting better and WE AIN'T .

SO, who's to blame

Just say it like it is?

I will die a Cajun but I am slowing dying here.

This was my 40th year to support the Bulldogs/Cajuns

Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: Bowl Selections

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    SO, who's to blame

Just say it like it is?
    We are.
    Why would anyone play or coach in a place like this where we don't show up to the games, where we don't put money in the athletic budget, and we _____ about winning only 6 games with the smallest budget in I-A.

The players and coaches that do it, are doing me and you a favor.

If you want to back a winner. watch the BCS selesction, and hang on to one of those teams.

I am sure everyone who reads this site, knows who is going to bowl games but notice the teams who the Cajuns use to play and beat that are going and we AIN'T going NOWHERE AGAIN.

Northern Illnois, use to be worse team in our conference back when, going again.

Tulsa, we use to be often and now they are going to bowl game again.

Cincinnati, they are going again.

East Carolina, going again

Here is a list of colleges that had some of the worst football programs in nation and now they are going;
    Rutgers
    Central Michigan
    Western Michigan
    Ohio
    Wake Forest
    Rice
    Middle Tennessee
    Nevada
    Kentucky
    San Jose State
    Utah

See the pattern:
    They are getting better and WE AIN'T .

SO, who's to blame

Just say it like it is?

I will die a Cajun but I am slowing dying here.

This was my 40th year to support the Bulldogs/Cajuns

Geaux Cajuns
    It is my 40th year also, I tend to agree.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bowl Selections

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref
    It is my 40th year also, I tend to agree.
    Haven't been around that longBeen a diehard since graduating in '93 AND I'M ALSO beginning to wonder.IS it the Food?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bowl Selections

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue
    We are.
    Why would anyone play or coach in a place like this where we don't show up to the games, where we don't put money in the athletic budget, and we _____ about winning only 6 games with the smallest budget in I-A.

If you want to back a winner. watch the BCS selesction, and hang on to one of those teams.
    Never suggested I wanted to back BCS teams, just gave an truthful observation. Now if we can't do that, then we aren't doing our alumni and fans a favor because I want a winning season. A lot of us have been around a long time and don't you think it is time and we deserve the fruit of our support. I go to CajunField because I love my university and I enjoy being with my true Cajun Friends/Fans. I just can't take the way we play or lose a game. Is that asking too much. Like I have said before, I will die a Cajun Fan and I won't quit supporting them, I may be selective on where my money goes and that is for financial reason only. Believe me I know a lot of people who, if they had extra money, it would be pumped into this University because of their desire to see our players have nice things and be able to afford to get great coaches. This University has had and HAVE great Coaches but I question some selections NOW. I will not back off on that.

Geaux Cajuns.

Never suggested I wanted to back BCS teams, just gave an truthful observation. Now if we can't do that, then we aren't doing our alumni and fans a favor because I want a winning season. A lot of us have been around a long time and don't you think it is time and we deserve the fruit of our support. I go to CajunField because I love my university and I enjoy being with my true Cajun Friends/Fans. I just can't take the way we play or lose a game. Is that asking too much. Like I have said before, I will die a Cajun Fan and I won't quit supporting them, I may be selective on where my money goes and that is for financial reason only. Believe me I know a lot of people who, if they had extra money, it would be pumped into this University because of their desire to see our players have nice things and be able to afford to get great coaches. This University has had and HAVE great Coaches but I question some selections NOW. I will not back off on that.

Geaux Cajuns.
    Gotcha beat. Been watching and supporting for 53 years. We don't have Authement's desire for excellence in athletics and it shows. We had only 10,000+ of us there the last 2 weeks, that is no division I athletic program.

I watched a Monroe team that we shellacked a year ago, come in and do the same to us, and all Bustle says is "I had a bad feeling that one of the teams was going to stop scoring". Gee Ricky, maybe you should have gathered your team around you and gave them a spirited motivating talk or something because they looked like they could care less.

I personally think it's coaching. Not necessarily Bustle, but we can't tackle, don't finish plays and the team is not all on the same page. It amazes me after watching the Houston-Sou. Miss game, that we beat Houston, and then go down the toilet. Folks, coaching has a lot to do with that. If you don't want to admit it, you're living a fantasy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue
    We are.

It's frustrating Priogue. We play in the worst 1A conference in America, reason why most casual fans don't give a ______, and we expect people to support our program with the type of play, or lack of , for most of our games this season. I had eight people attending games with me at the beginning of the season, Saturday night i was alone. We are losing generations of fans. Ten thousand diehards cannot do it alone. I wish i had the answer.

Thread Information