Thread: Congratulations to MTSU & Troy!!

Default Congratulations to MTSU & Troy!!

They have both accepted bowl bids. Middle Tennessee will face Central Michigan in the Motor City Bowl & Troy will face Rice in the New Orleans Bowl.

It may be a VERY bitter pill for us Cajun fans but this is a great opportunity for our conference to shine. I for one will be watching both games.

GEAUX SUNBELT!!!!!

Default Re: Congratulations to MTSU & Troy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunpride101
    They have both accepted bowl bids. Middle Tennessee will face Central Michigan in the Motor City Bowl & Troy will face Rice in the New Orleans Bowl.

It may be a VERY bitter pill for us Cajun fans but this is a great opportunity for our conference to shine. I for one will be watching both games.

GEAUX SUNBELT!!!!!
    Certainly it is a "bitter pill", but at least you are a person who places things in perspective. I certainly salute you for admirable character trait.

I wish both teams well. I think MT has a good chance of knocking off Centrtal Michigan. Troy may have a bit more of a problems with Rice. Nevertheless, two wins for the SBC would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    Certainly it is a "bitter pill", but at least you are a person who places things in perspective. I certainly salute you for admirable character trait.

I wish both teams well. I think MT has a good chance of knocking off Centrtal Michigan. Troy may have a bit more of a problems with Rice. Nevertheless, two wins for the SBC would be great.
    I agree. Represent the Belt well. The two best coached teams won out this year. Good luck to the Trojans and Blue Radiers.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    I agree. Represent the Belt well. The two best coached teams won out this year. Good luck to the Trojans and Blue Radiers.
    Why oh why my pecksniffian friend, can't you seem to withold a sniffy comment.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    I agree with you on MT. I sure hope they knock off CMU. We should be able to compete with, and beat, MAC teams on any given day.

Troy will have their hands full with Rice. I see that one as onsided and ugly. If there's any consolation about missing out on the NO Bowl is that we miss out on a hot, hot, hot Rice team.

You guys have it all wrong. MT is going to get CRUSHED by Central Michigan. I think the close game will be Troy vs. Rice. Yeah, Rice did have a Biletnikoff Representative but that's it. They don't have a total package like CMU!!! Plus, we're lucky we didn't play Ohio this year because with the way we were playing, they would have whipped us too!!

Good luck to both MT and Troy. A win for either, or preferably both, makes the whole conference look a lot better.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle
    You guys have it all wrong. MT is going to get CRUSHED by Central Michigan. I think the close game will be Troy vs. Rice. Yeah, Rice did have a Biletnikoff Representative but that's it. They don't have a total package like CMU!!! Plus, we're lucky we didn't play Ohio this year because with the way we were playing, they would have whipped us too!!
    Well, you say they will "get CRUSHED". but never say "ZERO chance". that has come back to bite people lately.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter
    Why oh why my pecksniffian friend, can't you seem to withold a sniffy comment.
    What? I thought they were the two best coached teams in the league and wish them the best since they will represent our conference. Sorry you have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Well, you say they will "get CRUSHED". but never say "ZERO chance". that has come back to bite people lately.
    We may get crushed, but we'll give it our best shot. I don't think CMU is on par with Oklahoma, L'ville, or South Carolina.

Hopefully we will give them hell and represent the SBC well.

I would expect nothing less of our team, and nothing less out of any of our conference mates in the same position.

Thanks to those of you who offered the "congrats" and "good lucks".

We'll try not to embarrass ourselves.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider
    We may get crushed, but we'll give it our best shot. I don't think CMU is on par with Oklahoma, L'ville, or South Carolina.

Hopefully we will give them hell and represent the SBC well.

I would expect nothing less of our team, and nothing less out of any of our conference mates in the same position.

Thanks to those of you who offered the "congrats" and "good lucks".

We'll try not to embarrass ourselves.
    You know we support you guys. We deal with the negative folks the best we can! Good luck!

Z.

Middle has a better chance than a lot of people believe. CMU's coach left for Cincinnatti already and will actually be coaching Cincinnatti during their bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    You know we support you guys. We deal with the negative folks the best we can! Good luck!

Z.
    I know ya'll do.

But, we may very well get smacked around. But I don't think we will.

Regardless, I'll have a belly full of whatever type of sour mash they are selling up in the Tundra.

Maybe I can used my limited bit of Cajun French across the Detroit border.

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider
    I know ya'll do.

But, we may very well get smacked around. But I don't think we will.

Regardless, I'll have a belly full of whatever type of sour mash they are selling up in the Tundra.

Maybe I can used my limited bit of Cajun French across the Detroit border.
    I will really be surprised if you all get "smacked" around. Now, it isn't going to be a runaway for either team, but I see MT as being the winner. I think you all match up with the Chippewas very well. Keep your mistakes to a minimum and you all will be the winner.

GEAUX BLUE RAIDERS

Thread Information