Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's THis? Eat Lafayette, Sport Baton Rouge

Default Re: wrong message: Eat Lafayette, Sport Baton Rouge. Ragin' Cajuns lack fan support

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia
    can i keep wearing my Saints stuff--i mean, they're not in the city.
    before the "we're talking colleges, and lsu isn't in lafayette and ul is" posters come back, save your time. i understand. but this is La. and lsu is in La. and you have to be big enuff not to begrudge La. people from wearing/selling what the heck they want to wear/sell.
    You just don't seem to understand that 1.) LSU is not in Lafayette, 2.) Every university in this country depends on the support of the community, 3.) Saints represent the whole state (as LSU only wishes it did), and 4.) there's a huge difference between an individual choosing to support a particular school outside the city & a business who has responsibility to support the community that supports it, who still chooses to jump on the bandwagon and support another school.

Your reasoning is transparent at best. Have a good day sir.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!

Default Re: wrong message: Eat Lafayette, Sport Baton Rouge. Ragin' Cajuns lack fan support

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    You just don't seem to understand that 1.) LSU is not in Lafayette, 2.) Every university in this country depends on the support of the community, 3.) Saints represent the whole state (as LSU only wishes it did), and 4.) there's a huge difference between an individual choosing to support a particular school outside the city & a business who has responsibility to support the community that supports it, who still chooses to jump on the bandwagon and support another school.

God Bless

The only people in lafayette that do not see LSU representing the whole state are insane nutjobs like the six or seven people on these forums. Businesses are supporting LSU b/c LSU is a top caliber program and it is profitable to support them. For every idoit that complains, there are probably ten that are supportive. When your fanbase can't even put 10k in the stadium when there is nothing else to do, then your program has WEAK support.

Believe what you want pepperfan, but LSU just came up with 32k ticket requests for the Rose Bowl (I booked my room and plane tickets this morning) and the peppers will not be able to sell 10k if they get a bowl bid.

For a moment there, I thought that the person who titled this thread had the same unpleasant experience as I did Tuesday at Subway on Ambassador across from the Mall. (This may have happened at other area Subways as well, but the one on ambassador is where I just so happened to walk into on Tuesday for lunch).

I get in there, and the employee helping me out is wearing some Subway/LSU shirt. I make my comments about it and move on. Well then I see that the supersize cups for upsizing your combo has LSU crap all over it. So not only were subway employees wearing a shirt supporting another school that is NOT EVEN IN OUR CITY, but the shirt and cups were officially endorsed by Subway. Needless to say I wrote a double letter, one to the corporate office and one to the individual restaurant. Ticks me off

And as far as attendance goes, eventually we will get better crowds if our success continues to grow steady like it is. And when we manage to get a rare big crowd for a home game, and manage to win that game instead of layin a big fat egg, we'll really start doin better.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You think that's bad, try the same thing is happening at the subway across from Cajun Field. I sent emails as well. Its absolutely disgusting for them to do that since that location on Bertrand's business is mostly made up of UL students.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    You think that's bad, try the same thing is happening at the subway across from Cajun Field. I sent emails as well. Its absolutely disgusting for them to do that since that location on Bertrand's business is mostly made up of UL students.
    Most ULL students don't care about ULL aths. that is why there is less than a 1k of them at the games.

Pepperfan, time to know your place.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    WTF? I go to that location often and have not seen that crap there. That is BS

Quote Originally Posted by redcajun
    They were giving out lsu cups.

Quote Originally Posted by redcajun
    It was happening about a month ago which was the last time I was in there. I got so angry that I sent emails to the company and I swore I wouldn't go to that Subway anymore. So I'm not sure if they are still doing it, but they were not too long ago. The cups were endorsed by subway with the LSU football schedule on them.

God Bless

Nice attept to spin this issue. Now here is a dose of reality. Go anywhere in the country and ask the common sports fan what football/sports team do you associate with Louisiana. It won't be "UL" for sure and it won't be the Saints. It will be LSU. The Saints are more associated with New Orleans than Louisiana. Lafayette is in Louisiana and LSU is the favorite school of its citizens, like it or not. Lafayette is simular to other cities that house Universities in Louisiana. The University in that city will be most peoples second favorite school, with the exception of a few die hards. Businesses in the city and the media know this and aren't about to change for a few knuckleheads writing letters or boycotting them.

Subway sucks anyway.

Old Tyme is the bomb.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    Subway sucks anyway.

Old Tyme is the bomb.
    Big time!

Subway sucks anyway.

Old Tyme is the bomb.
    Has anyone ever noticed that Jarrod the subway guy sucks at acting? You'd think that after all the money he's made from subway that he would buy some acting lessons. I hate that guy, always pickin on Mickey Dees and the BK. All I know is that subway doesn't offer a 99 cent menu.

And I really rubbed it in their face in my email: "You're sandwiches may have fewer grams of fat than a big mac, but McDonald's supports the University of Louisiana. So I'd much rather spend my money at McDonald's ."

God Bless

Something better to chew on for MR. LSU here is the fact that Raisin Cane's, which was actually started by two guys in LSU, actually has Ragin Cajun cups etc. and both restaurants are all in UL decor. Why may you ask? B/c those two chains are in LAFAYETTE, not in the beloved BR.

Subway sucks anyway.

Old Tyme is the bomb.
    FOOD FIGHT! I always look forward to "visiting" Old Tyme when I get into town. Mais dats some good food cher!

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: wrong message: Eat Lafayette, Sport Baton Rouge. Ragin' Cajuns lack fan support

Subway sucks anyway.

Old Tyme is the bomb.
    For the life of me, I don't know how Subway and others survive in an area where there are thousands of po-boy vendors who do a much better job. Subway bread eats like cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by CutOff_Cajun
    Something better to chew on for MR. LSU here is the fact that Raisin Cane's, which was actually started by two guys in LSU, actually has Ragin Cajun cups etc. and both restaurants are all in UL decor. Why may you ask? B/c those two chains are in LAFAYETTE, not in the beloved BR.
    The guy who started Cane's went to University of Georgia, not LSU. He opened the first restaurant near LSU.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information