Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, ire at UL, hired at Tech

Default Re: Chris Scelfold Fired At Tulane.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman
    He would make a nice OC. But then again, so would Steve Spurrier or Urban Meyer.
    He just got a million dollar payday for being fired. I thought he might like to come home and work under Bustle.

UL Football Possible Assistant Rumors

I have heard some rumors of young high school coaches, whom are alumni of ULL(such as Wayne Stein and Eric Rekeita class of 03). Do these young coaches really have a chance, I am all for new blood, especially guys who love the program. I am new to this site and I am wondering if anyone can confirm or has heard rumors about either of the two.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Possible Assistant Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by ONLYthetruth
    I have heard some rumors of young high school coaches, whom are alumni of UL(such as Wayne Stein and Eric Rekeita class of 03). Do these young coaches really have a chance, I am all for new blood, especially guys who love the program. I am new to this site and I am wondering if anyone can confirm or has heard rumors about either of the two.
    I tried to start the rumor about Scelfo. That would be cool. but I haven't heard anything for real. Someone said something about bringing in a really strong DC and letting Bustle run the Offense, while bringing in a younger coach to work under him, perhaps as a QB coach or something like that. I guess one of the ones you named would fit under that season. It would be really good for them, not sure how good it would be for UL.

I have heard Mike Collins will be applying for the DC job. He was the HC at ULM a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ONLYthetruth
    I have heard some rumors of young high school coaches, whom are alumni of UL(such as Wayne Stein and Eric Rekeita class of 03). Do these young coaches really have a chance, I am all for new blood, especially guys who love the program. I am new to this site and I am wondering if anyone can confirm or has heard rumors about either of the two.
    There are higher qualified high schools coaches in this area, if Bustle wants to go in that direction.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    I tried to start the rumor about Scelfo. That would be cool. but I haven't heard anything for real. Someone said something about bringing in a really strong DC and letting Bustle run the Offense, while bringing in a younger coach to work under him, perhaps as a QB coach or something like that. I guess one of the ones you named would fit under that season. It would be really good for them, not sure how good it would be for UL.
    I was talking to a girl who works for the football team yesterday. and before I start, let's remember that this is a RUMOR thread and I am not sure of the credibilty of the girl's source or if she overheard a RUMOR or somthing credible. Nevertheless. She was saying that she was kinda sad about the coaches leaving, I explained to her that its a business and stuff. Then she said, unsolicited by me, that she believes that we are looking at the Tulane coach (Scelfo). She says that she doesn't know for sure if they've actually had direct contact with him, but, she says that they have made trips to NOLA to watch him coach.

Don't jump on me or anything, these aren't my words. but, since its a rumor thread, might as well list and speculate on all the rumors we hear. I think it does give a glimmer of a possibility that Scelfo would come. i think anyone who has been an HC at a bigger school with some success would be great for us. Anyway, let's just hope that the best hire is made and that RB can get who he wants, be that Scelfo or somebody else who he thinks fits.

Rumor has it Troy will be looking for a new DC as well due to a departure. Wonder who they will try to get.

Then she said, unsolicited by me, that she believes that we are looking at the Tulane coach (Scelfo). She says that she doesn't know for sure if they've actually had direct contact with him, but, she says that they have made trips to NOLA to watch him coach.
    Not jumping but that comment seems kind of squirrelly. Who would have gone to see him coach, and when? Having someone with his experience and local ties would be great; but that one comment just didn't add up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    Not jumping but that comment seems kind of squirrelly. Who would have gone to see him coach, and when? Having someone with his experience and local ties would be great; but that one comment just didn't add up for me.
    That was the one thing she said that was odd to me too. who knows? At least we know that Scelfo's name is floating around in the athletic department (i think).

That was the one thing she said that was odd to me too. who knows? At least we know that Scelfo's name is floating around in the athletic department (i think).
    How do you know she has the right Scelfo, he said cryptically.

UL Football Re: Possible Assistant Rumors

How about Loui Cooke? His oldest that played football has graduated, now would be a great time to move back up!!

DaddyCajun
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    she didn't mention his name until i brought it up. She mentioned the Tulane coach who just got a huge buyout. so unless there is another.

Man, you guys are playing this game all wrong. Quit trying to pick apart my soft, see-through, feeble attempt at starting a rumor (or passing along a rumor that someone else started). She has SOME credibility because she works there. that's it. You people need to be starting your own rumors too. That is the only fun way to get through this time of uncertainty, until we all get tired of guessing. see, watch this.

I heard from a little birdy (not the one that said the Saints had no chance against Dallas), that rickey bustle was talking to some Defnesive minded Head high school coach somewhere in west Texas. I think he might be from Permian high, you know, the same school that Booby Miles played for. anyway, this guy's defense didn't allow any points this season. he is great. We should really try to get him.

. You people need to be starting your own rumors too.
    What do you think I just did?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    How about Loui Cooke? His oldest that played football has graduated, now would be a great time to move back up!!

DaddyCajun
    Merry Christmas
    We can't afford him

15. Default Re: Possible Assistant Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Thanks for making me look up 'cryptically' I always thought that show meant "tales fom the grave"

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information