Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, ire at UL, hired at Tech

Default Scelfo and Fourquier ready to announce coming to UL

Frank Scelfo and Kevin Fouquier should be announced by next week. Scelfo is finishing details on his previous contract. Fouquier was offered more money by Fl, but should still be solid to come back home. No other coaches named.andas of today, not all of the four dismissed coaches have secured new jobs. Best wishes to them, and good luck to our two new additions.

Default Re: Defensive coord

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Keeping in mind that this is what you were told.

I seem to recall Bustle being hired and announced while Baldwin wasn't officially off the payroll for another year.

I might be nitpicking but I think the press release announcing the 4 firings would negate the perception of 2 people holding down the same job.
    Turbine you are correct, but wasn't the final year of Baldwin's contract "Bought Out"? That, I think, would be the difference. However, I am not in a position to know these things for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    It is my understanding that the only coach in football that has a contract is Bustle. All of the other coaches serve at the pleasure of the University. If the ones released are kept on until the end of the year, I would imagine it is again at the please of the University.
    Charlie,

I'm sure you are probably correct. However, I would tend to believe that although Bustle announced that 4 coaches were being released he would at least let them collect another paycheck or 2 before being completely without pay. I'm only saying this because of his past relationship with those guys. However, maybe that is not the case.

Merry Christmas to you and Mrs. Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: 2 Coaches ready to announce coming to UL

Quote Originally Posted by BTG
    Frank Scelfo and Kevin Fouquier should be announced by next week. Scelfo is finishing details on his previous contract. Fouquier was offered more money by Fl, but should still be solid to come back home. No other coaches named.andas of today, not all of the four dismissed coaches have secured new jobs. Best wishes to them, and good luck to our two new additions.
    Do you know which of the ex coaches have new jobs and if so, where are they going.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    Do you know which of the ex coaches have new jobs and if so, where are they going.
    I didn't hear if any had found jobs.not sure if any had or not. I know for a fact Brent Pry hasn't, he has apps out, but not hired as of yet. I just don't have the info on the other 3.If I hear, I'll post it up here.

Not to rain on anyone's parade.
    but I'll wait for the press release.

7. Default Re: 2 Coaches ready to announce coming to UL

Scelfo is finishing details on his previous contract.
    All I know is if these guys are worth their salt and UL insists on pinching pennies by waiting for everyone’s respective contracts to run out we may end up losing these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    Not to rain on anyone's parade.
    but I'll wait for the press release.
    Cool deal.it'l come.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2 Coaches ready to announce coming to UL

Frank Scelfo and Kevin Fouquier should be announced by next week.
    Very impressive.should be a great recruiting tool if we can get him on board quickly!

"Over the past 10 years, Scelfo has helped the Green Wave to an undefeated season and the 1998 Conference USA and Liberty Bowl titles; served as one of the chief architects of the most successful offenses in school history; and seen Tulane's last three starting quarterbacks, including Scelfo protégés Patrick Ramsey (Redskins) and J.P. Losman (Bills), earn starting jobs in the NFL.

Since 1999, Scelfo has been at the controls of a record-setting offense that is unmatched in the school's history. He has served as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for an offense that has produced Tulane's all-time passing yardage leader in Ramsey, the all-time rushing and all-purpose yardage leader (Mewelde Moore), the single season receiving leader (JaJuan Dawson), the all-time leader in touchdown catches (Roydell Williams) and the all-time scoring leader (kicker Seth Marler).

Williams, a fourth-round selection of the Tennessee Titans in 2005, became the eighth Green Wave offensive player drafted during Scelfo's nine years at the school. The list is topped by first round selections Ramsey (2002) and Losman (2004), Tulane's highest draft choices since 1961, and also includes quarterback Shaun King (Bucs, 2nd - 1999), Moore (Vikings, 4th - 2004), Dawson (Browns, 3rd - 2000), offensive lineman Bernard Robertson (Bears, 5th - 2001) and running back Jerald Sowell (Packers, 7th -- 1997). Ramsey (now with the New York Jets), Losman, Moore, Williams, King (Indianapolis Colts) and Sowell (Houston Texans) are still in the league."

See:http://tulanegreenwave.cstv.com/spor.o_frank00.html

UL Football Re: 2 Coaches ready to announce coming to UL

This I too feel would be great for recruiting!!

Merry Christmas,
    DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35
    Charlie,

I'm sure you are probably correct. However, I would tend to believe that although Bustle announced that 4 coaches were being released he would at least let them collect another paycheck or 2 before being completely without pay. I'm only saying this because of his past relationship with those guys. However, maybe that is not the case.

Merry Christmas to you and Mrs. Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Duggie, what I should have written is that Bustle recommended to the Administration that they be kept on through the end of the year. Its a helluva time of the year to fire people, and I believe that Bustle has enough compassion to ask for the year end option, so as to soften the blow.

A Blessed Christmas to you and your family. May the New Year bring peace, health, and prosperity to you all.

http://www.fiusports.com/ViewArticle.&Q_SEASON=2006

Wow, both these guys have ties to the local area, Fouquier is from Franklin and both played and coached here. Looks like Bustle is bringing in some guys that can help keep our local talent at home. I've always said this (I realize this would be a daunting task) that if we could keep all the talent in the Acadiana area, that we could compete with just about anybody. I like Bustle's thinking.

Geaux Cajuns

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan64
    http://www.fiusports.com/ViewArticle.&Q_SEASON=2006

Wow, both these guys have ties to the local area, Fouquier is from Franklin and both played and coached here. Looks like Bustle is bringing in some guys that can help keep our local talent at home. I've always said this (I realize this would be a daunting task) that if we could keep all the talent in the Acadiana area, that we could compete with just about anybody. I like Bustle's thinking.

Geaux Cajuns
    I was born in Franklin. Let's keep that link alive. Let's start kickin some azz and takin some names. And Merry Christmas to you all, and have a good nite. I shall. Party on Garth.

14. UL Football Re: Defensive coord

I am getting a little excited at the prospects of coach Fouquier being UL's next Defensive Coordinator.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

What is the latest?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information