Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, ire at UL, hired at Tech

Default Re: UL set to hire Scelfo

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    Someone close to the program told me that Coach Bustle is set to hire Tulane O-coordinator Frank Scelfo as the new Offensive Coordinator.

I think Scelfo would be a good choice for OC. While at Tulane, he's coached some good offensive players that are now in the NFL. Shaun King, Patrick Ramsey, J.P. Losman, Mewelde Moore just to name a few. Not necessairly Pro Bowl caliber players but either contribute or have contributed in the past. I'm not saying that because he's coached NFL players at Tulane means he's destined for success, but I'm saying that Tulane has has some good seasons while he was there. He may have a knack at developing talent as he did with those players I mentioned. You never know. It will be interesting to find out if he is hired.

Default Re: UL set to hire Scelfo

Sounds good, but as with most things, I'll believe it when I see it.

Default Re: Possible Assistant Rumors

Jim Mora, Jr. may be looking for work soon. Maybe he can under-produce and over-hype at UL too?

UL Football Defensive coord

any names being mentioned for dc

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Defensive coord

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    I thought they went with Washington. They announced that like 200 years ago or something. where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    I met the new guy in the UL Bookstore on TuesdayI think its a done deal, just not announced yet

7. UL Football Re: Defensive coord

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    I think its a done deal, just not announced yet
    I know there is the dotting of i's and crossing of t's thing-a-ma-jig, but has anyone heard of any possible reason for holding back an announcement?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I know there is the dotting of i's and crossing of t's thing-a-ma-jig, but has anyone heard of any possible reason for holding back an announcement?
    So, if he is in and he has been chosen and bumping around town, how does anyone not know who he is?

RB, what does he look like?

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    RB, what does he look like?
    TRY THIS LINK.

http://www.fiusports.com/ViewArticle.&Q_SEASON=2006

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cajun
    Cool. Didn't know he had the U(S)L ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    was the talk of frank scelfo just rumors or is that also not being announced?

UL Football Re: Defensive coord

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    I met the new guy in the UL Bookstore on TuesdayI think its a done deal, just not announced yet
    I am not an expert by any means, however someone told me that the coaches who were released are not officially off of the payroll until December 31st. I was told that the State does not allow 2 people to hold down the same job at the same time. Therefore, the new folks can't be officially hired until after the ex-coaches contracts are expired. I don't know if this is the actual truth, but it would seem to make sense. Just my 2 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cajun
    Hmmm is this part of the rumor mill pot stirring, or.?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35
    I am not an expert by any means, however someone told me that the coaches who were released are not officially off of the payroll until December 31st. I was told that the State does not allow 2 people to hold down the same job at the same time. Therefore, the new folks can't be officially hired until after the ex-coaches contracts are expired. I don't know if this is the actual truth, but it would seem to make sense. Just my 2 cents!
    It is my understanding that the only coach in football that has a contract is Bustle. All of the other coaches serve at the pleasure of the University. If the ones released are kept on until the end of the year, I would imagine it is again at the please of the University.

15. Default Re: Defensive coord

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35
    someone told me that the coaches who were released are not officially off of the payroll until December 31st. I was told that the State does not allow 2 people to hold down the same job at the same time.
    Keeping in mind that this is what you were told.

I seem to recall Bustle being hired and announced while Baldwin wasn't officially off the payroll for another year.

I might be nitpicking but I think the press release announcing the 4 firings would negate the perception of 2 people holding down the same job.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information