Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, ire at UL, hired at Tech

Default Re: Possible Assistant Rumors

quick hurry Jimbo Fisher is looking for a job.

His team didn't win a game but Don Strock can still coach offense.

On a slightly off-topic note, it struck me today how we're at the point where a 6-6 season is disappointing. That is true progress from whence we came. I remember only 3 or 4 years ago, reading about some team that had a disappointing 4-8 season, and thinking "wow, I wish we could win that many games in a season". anyhoo, as far as the assistant goes, my rumors are these:

If Jim Haslett loses his job with whatever team he's with now, he's frontrunner for some kinda position with UL.

If Aaron Brooks continues to stink it up in Oakland, he's frontrunner for our assistant H2O engineer.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A requirement for all incoming assistant coaches must be that they have previous division one coaching experience. It would be ideal they have been a coordinator, but that might be unlikely. And, that's OK, but he must have division one experience beyond a graduate assistantship.

However, one common thread among the four fired coaches was they had no division one coaching experience before they worked for the Cajuns. One or two may have been graduate assistants at a big time program, but most of their coaching years were spent in D-III schools.

As the program grows, the Cajuns must try to entice better players by having better coaches, all of whom must have experience at a division one school. And, as the program wisely begins to attract athletes from different states and outside the Acadiana region, the program must have coaches who can appeal to and have recognition in areas outside of just Lafayette. A former coordinator or a former division one coach has more pull and more credibility in Florida, Texas and other furtile recruiting grounds than a local coach.

Although the firing were tough for some to digest, it was the right move. The Cajuns are in the process of building (two straight winning seasons and two straight bowl eligible seasons) and one way to continue is hiring division one coaches.

I think that Frank Scelfo would make an excellent Offensive Coordinater here. He was given the short end of the stick at Tulane recently (not having alot of talent on the team due to katrina, but expected to produce big time). I think this would be an improvement 10 fold.

Tuffguy

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    You people need to be starting your own rumors too
    Well I heard that after Sean Payton wins the super bowl this year he wanted something more challenging so he's going to be our OC.

Shof

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84
    I think that Frank Scelfo would make an excellent Offensive Coordinater here. He was given the short end of the stick at Tulane recently (not having alot of talent on the team due to katrina, but expected to produce big time). I think this would be an improvement 10 fold.

Tuffguy
    Frank Scelfo is the frontrunner for OC, and Fouquier from FIU is the frontrunner for DC. Time'l tell

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    We can't afford him

Cant even afford a high school coach thats pathetic-Hes not going anywhere hes still got a son in elementary that he wants to coach.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft
    Cant even afford a high school coach thats pathetic-Hes not going anywhere hes still got a son in elementary that he wants to coach.
    No. we cant afford that particular high school coach. What is it about you and reading comprehension?

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    No. we cant afford that particular high school coach. What is it about you and reading comprehension?

Z.
    Are you serious? This is mindless we are talking about right?

I also heard that Fouquier from FIU is the frontrunner for DC position. And that Tim Leger from STM may be looking at coaching the WR position.

Mike Collins here is interested in the DC position but if Jimbo Fisher takes the UAB job he may go with him there as the DC.

I remind you all just rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    Well I heard that after Sean Payton wins the super bowl this year he wanted something more challenging so he's going to be our OC.

Shof
    Unless Saban beats him to it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    I also heard that Fouquier from FIU is the frontrunner for DC position. And that Tim Leger from STM may be looking at coaching the WR position.

Mike Collins here is interested in the DC position but if Jimbo Fisher takes the UAB job he may go with him there as the DC.

I remind you all just rumors.
    Mike Collins? Just get him a chauffeur.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Mike Collins? Just get him a chauffeur.

Z.
    He could make a gazillion bucks doing MBL commercials with the Boom too. Remember Bartles & James?

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    He could make a gazillion bucks doing MBL commercials with the Boom too. Remember Bartles & James?
    thanks for yer support.

Z.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information