Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, ire at UL, hired at Tech

Default Re: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, misfired at UL, hired at Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I like that thought and agree.

Word is. Scelfo went to the Tech interview in a UL loaner car. called Bustle and told him he was being offered more money by Tech. Bustle said he wouldn't match their offer. but Scelfo then told Tech we were indeed going to match their offer. Tech then upped their offer.

Does the word. "classless" come to mind?

What a Downer Re: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, misfired at UL, hired at Tech

I assure you, Frank Scelfo is not a man of questionable character. Apparently someone didn't commit to him as he felt he committed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by fleaux
    I assure you, Frank Scelfo is not a man of questionable character. Apparently someone didn't commit to him as he felt he committed to them.
    I'd love to hear your elaboration on this. From what I have heard/read, etc, he had accepted (verbally) the Cajun's offer, was already using the school' s loaner vehicle, and had delayed actually signing the deal (his request) due to his Tulane contract. Then he goes to Tech and further negotiates. This is definitely a "somebody done somebody wrong" song; and I don't think it was the cajuns. Hey, I've got no problem trying to negotiate the best deal possible; but when you say "done" and shake on it (or whatever), its done. Only thing I can see here is a lack of integrity from Mr Scelfo; and I'm glad we found out now, vice later in the process.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Hey Frank,
    Thanks for letting this be the last thing you do before leaving Lafayette.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Aaawwww Fleaux, tell us what a charismatic man Mr Scelfo is. Please!!!

Read Shof's post

Z.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Saban, you got the money and all the media attention. You don't need to go around making excuses for people who do not honor their agreements. If it indeed bothers you that much, go get some counceling.

The bottom line is measured by wins and losses. Scelfo had years at Tulane as a loser. The Cajuns need to hire a winner, someone that has a record of scoring points and winning games. ( at any level ) Go Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by irageetee
    The bottom line is measured by wins and losses. Scelfo had years at Tulane as a loser. The Cajuns need to hire a winner, someone that has a record of scoring points and winning games. ( at any level ) Go Cajuns!
    Here is what Frank Scelfo's offense did while he was the OC:

2006: 19 ppg
    2005: 21 ppg
    2004: 27 ppg
    2003: 28 ppg
    2002: 28 ppg
    2001: 29 ppg
    2000: 30 ppg
    1999: 25 ppg

Tulane's problem wasn't offense.

This is so COOL Re: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, misfired at UL, hired at Tech

And you feel good that he got Tech to bid against Tech.

That is the ultimate double cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    And you feel good that he got Tech to bid against Tech.

That is the ultimate double cross.
    Tech had made their coordinator salaries public before they interviewed any of the potential OCs. The wisdom of that decision is separate issue, but Scelfo isn't being paid anymore than what had been published shortly after Dooley was hired.

This is so COOL Re: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, misfired at UL, hired at Tech

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Tech had made their coordinator salaries public before they interviewed any of the potential OCs. The wisdom of that decision is separate issue, but Scelfo isn't being paid anymore than what had been published shortly after Dooley was hired.
    Source would be nice. FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Source would be nice. FWIW
    I'll look for it. It was in the Monroe Newsstar.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Better be careful. Dooley has a law degree. I would keep a very close eye on him. He does have a sweet wife, however (an OBGYN). If you get to know them, you are going to toss Derek and keep her.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Better be careful. Dooley has a law degree. I would keep a very close eye on him. He does have a sweet wife, however (an OBGYN). If you get to know them, you are going to toss Derek and keep her.
    We need a lawyer to keep our doofus AD straight. I've heard great things about Dooley, sadly, none of them have to do with coaching. What he's accomplished so far with facility improvements is pretty amazing (750K to get our fieldhouse out of the dark ages). He seems to be surrounding himself with people who know the X's and O's that he may be lacking on. I guess we'll find out.

15. Default Cajunbolg: Dollars speak loudly in Scelfo’s reversal

The UL message boards lit up when word spread that Frank Scelfo reneged on his acceptance of the Cajuns’ offensive coordinator post, mostly because he passed on UL to take the same job at Louisiana Tech.

Scelfo had originally given UL head coach Rickey Bustle what amounts to a “verbal commitment,” a fact that was widely reported. The rest of the coaching staff knew Scelfo was headed to Lafayette, and Scelfo himself told a couple of well-placed UL boosters that he was “coming here to win.”

That all changed in a hurry when Tech came in and started throwing money around. The Monroe News-Star reported that Scelfo’s salary with the Bulldogs was going to be $150,000.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information