Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, ire at UL, hired at Tech

Default Re: List of coaches looking for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUfan20
    Yeah. Basically, he would be co-offensive coordinator with OL coach from the Houston Texans is the rumor. And I bet Applewhite will take the job and move on in two or three years to Texas to position himself for the HC job there when Mack Brown retires.
    Thank You Sir.I heard he is interviewing in the next day or 2

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: BETTER OFF WITHOUT SCELFO??

Ha, HA!!!! Turbine, is this speculation, or do you have some.inside? Never mind, I reread your post.hhhmmmm could be!!!
    Z/

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: What the F#$k,we lose out to TECH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    president@louisiana.edu

There's his e-mail address as posted on louisiana.edu. I don't suspect that if you e-mail him and ask him to retire, that he will, but if you think you got a shot, go ahead and do it. Also, if anyone wants to use force to physically remove him from office, I shook his hand at graduation a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure i can take him all by myself, while you guys are distracting his secretary.

Other than that, can we impeach him or something? Is he impeachable? Can we start a petition? I imagine its not that easy since its not an elected office, but an assigned position. Somebody call Joe Savioe and tell him to just show up on Monday morning and be sitting at Ray's desk when he gets there. He'll get the idea and then walk back home.
    I like it. Heck, I'll even give him the ride home. If the secretary needs a lift, I'll drop her off on the way. Just let me know when.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm furious if the excuse for not catching Scelfo is due to procrastination, coupled with stingyness.

What is done is done as far as Scelfo goes. My concern now is does Bustle have other credible candidates? My first inclination was to go for the strongest DC out there we could get. I like Fouquer's attitude and history. As for an OC, I was believing that we are not in a position to go grab a heavyweight, so why not get a younger upstart with tons of energy, some proven track record as a QB coach and a background under some great OC, and if all else fails, surely Bustle has enough OC experience to tidy things up.

I don't want to hammer on Scelfo, but why with 11 years as an OC at Tulane, with some paramount years, wasn't he more in line for a HC position? Is he really all that we were trying to crack him up to be? Oh, and if I were Tech, I wouldn't be that crazy about Derek Dooley. I could say more, but I will leave it at that.

Default Re: What the ?, we lose out to TECH !!!!!!!!

I saw him at Albertsons a couple of days ago and he looked pretty worn out. Who knows how long he'll last in his position. He's been catching a lot of hell in the last couple of years.I decided to do something about the funding and inquired about a donation from the company that I work for and guess what.they're going to donate. I propose that everyone else do the same and specify where you want the money to go. By the way, I don't work for a small company.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    Any chance of getting one of these guys? Would we want any of these guys are would it be better to go with a young hungry guy with something to prove?
    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co.144&CID=606251
    I was checking out this rivals list last night when I heard about Scelfo. I have no inside knowledge of who out of the dismissed OCs would be a good fit, and a potential taker. When I first heard of Bustle letting the 4 staff go, I was thinking more in terms of a young upstart at OC. I like the idea of a guy who wants to earn his wings, more than a guy who has some wings (with many feathers missing) coming in here and "giving it a shot". There has to be someone out there that has some talent, but hasn't had a chance to show it off.

One exception to my thinking. I do like the idea of Loui Cooke coming back.

Default Re: What the ?, we lose out to TECH !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    I saw him at Albertsons a couple of days ago and he looked pretty worn out. Who knows how long he'll last in his position. He's been catching a lot of hell in the last couple of years.I decided to do something about the funding and inquired about a donation from the company that I work for and guess what.they're going to donate. I propose that everyone else do the same and specify where you want the money to go. By the way, I don't work for a small company.
    Same old same old. We wait until they can't walk before we replace 'em.

Same thing with Joel Fletcher and then Rougeau.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    I'm furious if the excuse for not catching Scelfo is due to procrastination, coupled with stingyness.

What is done is done as far as Scelfo goes. My concern now is does Bustle have other credible candidates? My first inclination was to go for the strongest DC out there we could get. I like Fouquer's attitude and history. As for an OC, I was believing that we are not in a position to go grab a heavyweight, so why not get a younger upstart with tons of energy, some proven track record as a QB coach and a background under some great OC, and if all else fails, surely Bustle has enough OC experience to tidy things up.

I don't want to hammer on Scelfo, but why with 11 years as an OC at Tulane, with some paramount years, wasn't he more in line for a HC position? Is he really all that we were trying to crack him up to be? Oh, and if I were Tech, I wouldn't be that crazy about Derek Dooley. I could say more, but I will leave it at that.
    I don't seem to remember Tulane's offense as a jugernaut under Scelfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    He is a candidate for the OC position at LSU and Alabama.
    I doubt he's a candidate at Alabama or LSU. He was a flop at Syracuse and Troy made him look pretty bad a few weeks ago. Those two schools will get a much higher caliber coach than Applewhite.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog
    I doubt he's a candidate at Alabama or LSU. He was a flop at Syracuse and Troy made him look pretty bad a few weeks ago. Those two schools will get a much higher caliber coach than Applewhite.
    He was a QB coach at Syracuse not an OC.and he has an interview with LSU in the next few days.

UL Football Re: What the ?, we lose out to TECH !!!!!!!!

Ladies and gents, I like probably most here really do not know what all went on with losing out on Selfo. Presidential Cap on salary, budget woes, Tech had too much more they were willing to pay, scheme, athletes on team, recruiting apeal, Conference, travel, or Bustle has someone that is a better fit for HIS program???

We do NOT know, do we?

LSU(who has gobs of money, just lost their OC to Fla St) why is it such a big deal when UL loses someone whom is NOT even on our staff to someone whose budget is MUCH closer to ours than the difference b/t LSU and Fla St!!!!!!!?????????

Just a point,
    It is going to be ALRIGHT, Trust Me, DaddyCajun!!!

The defense has just locked in the best DC in the conference and will recruit to this new strength. How many more games would we have won last year had we had the Number ONE Defense in the SunBelt and one of the top in the country?

OC to come soon, and even if Bustle decides that HE will be the OC and hire another assitant and pay each other assistant the difference, How bad could the former Virginia Tech OC do with the talent we have now and coming in?

It is going to be alright, Trust Me, DaddyCajun!!

12. UL Football Scelfo takes job as La. Tech coordinator

UL's football staff is lacking an offensive coordinator once again.

Former Tulane offensive coordinator Frank Scelfo, Cajun head coach Rickey Bustle's top candidate for the UL position, informed Bustle on Monday that he was withdrawing his name from consideration.

Bustle said Wednesday that Scelfo was accepting the offensive coordinator position at Louisiana Tech.

"He felt like he got a better deal," Bustle said. "We thought he was solid, but it's a lot like recruiting and verbal commitments. Guys change their minds."

Tech's athletic department officially announced Scelfo's hiring Wednesday evening. The (Monroe) News-Star is reporting in today's edition that the 47-year-old New Iberia native will earn $150,000 a year in the Bulldogs' post. Tech recently named former LSU and Miami Dolphins assistant Derek Dooley as head coach.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

13. UL Football Re: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, misfired at UL, hired at Tech

Scelfo, who will be paid a base salary of $150,000, was offered a base salary of $75,200 at ULL, but was to receive additional money through the athletic foundation that would push his salary just above the $100,000 range.

The rest of the story

By Scott Beder
    sbeder@thenewsstar.com

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, misfired at UL, hired at Tech

I found this blurb within that article.
    Dooley is also expected to name Crowley High School head coach Brent Indest to his staff as an offensive assistant. Indest led Crowley to an 11-1 record this past season and was named the Louisiana Sports Writer's Association's Class 3A Coach of the Year. Indest is expected to coach a position on offense.

Interesting, considering some here have mentioned his name as a possible assistant.

Default Re: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, misfired at UL, hired at Tech

I find this whole subject infuriating. Dr. Reneau and AD Oakes at LaTech have put their entire backing into Tech sports in the past 10 years. I don't think Jack Bicknell was their problem in football, being that up until his last year, he beat the majority of the WAC opponents, and was only getting hammered by top 15 programs. But, when Tech decides to oust a coach and go on a search, they get after it. Tech has to be spending a fortune in travel, cannot get anyone in their stands at football games and probably never will, but yet they are staying in the thick of things. I thought when Tech went into the WAC, they were going to fail. I thought they were going to eventually end up having to make a decision on D1A football. Tech has always coddled their sports legends and made sure these people were showcased at Tech. That is what makes them come back and contribute money. Tech has catered to the egos of their monied alumni. UL has a huge alumni, many of which are financially gifted, but will not contribute because they want a commitment on their investment.

There is no way in the world UL should not be ahead of Tech in major sports, in the modern era. I am not kidding around here. What do we have to do to storm the "White House" and make someone accountable for our admin's lack of commitment? It is time to fuel the rage and get someone in trouble.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information