Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, ire at UL, hired at Tech

UL Football Re: Who will be the UL OC, now that Scelfo to Tech

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    Got to wonder if we'll ever know the whole story. Did we have an "official" offer on the table? Was there any delay due to the football conference in San Antonio last week? Was Bustle still considering other OC candidates? Did we even know LaTech was considering/offering him? Would that have mattered anyway? That is, could we have upped the offer to get him in here? So who are we looking at now? I have to admin, it was a good sign to have 2 quality/proven coordinators coming in to Lafayette!
    The other thread says UL was waiting for the Tulane conract to expire. What reason could there be for this?

Default Re: Who will be the UL OC, now that Scelfo to Tech

Quote Originally Posted by BurninCayenne
    The other thread says UL was waiting for the Tulane conract to expire. What reason could there be for this?
    Actually I think they were waiting for Scelfo to settle up with Tulane who wanted him to stay. Totally different slant, but the same resutl IMO.

Default What the ?, we lose out to TECH !!!!!!!!

The only person behind this is Dr."FIDEL"Authemont.I don't care how much good he has done for academics.This S O B has got to realize the money that can be brought in annually with a winning D1 football team.The money can be
    generated for us to have well payed coaches who deserve the pay.He needs to be held accountable for this,he needs to run athletics with the same passion he has for academics.Why cant he approach it with the idea it takes money to make money.We either sell ourselves out when it comes to having a top notch program are don't have one at all.This sucks!
    We were once right there with Southern Miss and now ten years or so later,we are no where near their program.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: What the F#$k,we lose out to TECH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ragin2112cajun
    The only person behind this is Dr."FIDEL"Authemont.I don't care how much good he has done for academics.This S O B has got to realize the money that can be brought in annually with a winning D1 football team.The money can be
    generated for us to have well payed coaches who deserve the pay.He needs to be held accountable for this,he needs to run athletics with the same passion he has for academics.Why cant he approach it with the idea it takes money to make money.We either sell ourselves out when it comes to having a top notch program are don't have one at all.This sucks!
    We were once right there with Southern Miss and now ten years or so later,we are no where near their program.
    president@louisiana.edu

There's his e-mail address as posted on louisiana.edu. I don't suspect that if you e-mail him and ask him to retire, that he will, but if you think you got a shot, go ahead and do it. Also, if anyone wants to use force to physically remove him from office, I shook his hand at graduation a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure i can take him all by myself, while you guys are distracting his secretary.

Other than that, can we impeach him or something? Is he impeachable? Can we start a petition? I imagine its not that easy since its not an elected office, but an assigned position. Somebody call Joe Savioe and tell him to just show up on Monday morning and be sitting at Ray's desk when he gets there. He'll get the idea and then walk back home.

UL Football Re: Who will be the UL OC, now that Scelfo to Tech

Money was definitely the main factor in Scelfo's decision!! You can't offer a guy of his calliber 80,000 a year, an 8-month contract, and free lunch in the cafeteria and expect him to commit here??

Ragin Cajuns athletics looks to be on a downward spiral..............please BASEBALL save us from dropping down to district 6-3A, because with the teams we're putting on the court/field these days, I believe we'd lose to teams such as STM and Northside........maybe even an allstar squad from Franny's day care could take us down to the wire.

Here's an idea, lets hire Desormeaux as our coordinator while he's still playing on scholarship, that way we won't have to pay him................and everyone knows he's always the answer to every problem.

Lastly, I know a couple of heavy eatin buddies of mine who are looking for jobs... I may have them send a resume in because they surely wouldn't turn down free hot plates in the union!

Thanks for your time

Default Re: List of coaches looking for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBeauxJany
    Major Applewhite, OC from Rice is from Baton Rouge, would be a good fit. Young, QB at Texas, from Louisiana, would fit in well with recruiting these areas.
    Applewhite is being considered by LSU and AL right now, I doubt if he even knows where ULL is located.

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle
    I agree that he is being "Looked At" but I still don't believe LSU or Bama would hire him. The minute anything went wrong, the Ligers and Elephants would go BA-ZURK on the kid. Those programs want SUCESS and they want it NOW. They want PROVEN leaders and they're not about giving "Trial Runs". That's why I say, Come on Down to Laffy Major, gurantee you'll enjoy your stay.
    Well LSU is enjoying plenty of success right now, number 3 in the nation I beleive. Applewhite is up for the QB coach at LSU right now and Saban wants for recruiting purposes.

UL Football Re: What the F#$k,we lose out to TECH!!!!!!!!

I see us running the draw about 70 times a game next year, gaining an average of about 2.5 yards per carry.............. Dr. A is probably thinking to himself, "hmmm, why hire an offensive coordinator when you can take that suggested salary and hire 3 new English teachers?" This isn't Yale or Harvard, you need to dump money into football and not into the arts and craft department there Dr. A!!!!

I think our Techmo Bowl playcalling will be back next year guys, sorry to say it but it's true

9. Default Re: List of coaches looking for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    It is only rumor but I have heard applewhite will be at alabama. Only rumor but sometimes rumors come true.

Yeah. Basically, he would be co-offensive coordinator with OL coach from the Houston Texans is the rumor. And I bet Applewhite will take the job and move on in two or three years to Texas to position himself for the HC job there when Mack Brown retires.

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25
    Money was definitely the main factor in Scelfo's decision!! You can't offer a guy of his calliber 80,000 a year, an 8-month contract, and free lunch in the cafeteria and expect him to commit here??

Ragin Cajuns athletics looks to be on a downward spiral..............please BASEBALL save us from dropping down to district 6-3A, because with the teams we're putting on the court/field these days, I believe we'd lose to teams such as STM and Northside........maybe even an allstar squad from Franny's day care could take us down to the wire.

Here's an idea, lets hire Desormeaux as our coordinator while he's still playing on scholarship, that way we won't have to pay him................and everyone knows he's always the answer to every problem.

Lastly, I know a couple of heavy eatin buddies of mine who are looking for jobs... I may have them send a resume in because they surely wouldn't turn down free hot plates in the union!

Thanks for your time
    count me in for free lunch

Boys and Girls. Listen carefully.

He does not care about football.

Can I put it any more simply than that?

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    Boys and Girls. Listen carefully.

He does not care about football.

Can I put it any more simply than that?
    So we just need to suck it up, and lump it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default BETTER OFF WITHOUT SCELFO??

UL’s football staff is searching for an offensive coordinator once again. Former Tulane offensive coordinator Frank Scelfo, Cajun head coach Rickey Bustle’s top candidate for the UL position, informed Bustle Monday that he was withdrawing his name from consideration and accepting the same post at Louisiana Tech.

“He felt like he got a better deal,” Bustle said. “We thought he was solid, but it’s a lot like recruiting and verbal commitments. Guys change their minds.”

Tech’s athletic department officially announced Scelfo’s hiring Wednesday evening. The Monroe News-Star is reporting in today’s edition that the 47-year-old Scelfo will earn $150,000 in the Bulldogs’ post. Tech recently named former LSU and Miami Dolphins assistant Derek Dooley as head coach.

Efforts to reach Scelfo on Wednesday were unsuccessful.

Bustle said that Scelfo had verbally accepted the Cajun position in December, filling the first of four vacancies on the UL staff. Bustle had dismissed four staff members — offensive coordinator Rob Christophel, defensive coordinator Brent Pry, wide receivers coach Brian Crist and cornerbacks coach Terry Sims — on Dec. 11 following the Cajuns’ 6-6 season.

“He had taken it early,” Bustle said of Scelfo. “It’s like when you have recruits. You always feel better when you get them on campus.”

Scelfo was at Tulane for 11 seasons, the last seven as offensive coordinator, and guided the careers of current NFL quarterbacks Shaun King, Patrick Ramsey and J.P. Losman. The New Iberia native was fired by the Green Wave after the 2006 season along with his brother and Wave head coach Chris Scelfo.

Bustle has filled one of the four staff vacancies with Franklin native Kevin Fouquier taking over as defensive coordinator. Fouquier arrived in Lafayette Wednesday.

Speaks volumes about the dudes character. Still doesnt take away from the fact that DR A needs to GEAUUUUUUUUUUUX!!!

Z.

15. Default Re: BETTER OFF WITHOUT SCELFO??

“He had taken it early,” Bustle said of Scelfo. “It’s like when you have recruits. You always feel better when you get them on campus.”
    With zero inside info I can't help but think this change of mind on the part od Scelfo was due to no paper work being done in a timley manner for Scelfo to sign. No contract to sign 4 weeks after the verbal? Tech had theirs ready in half a week.

I mean it took "7" months for Martin Hall to do the paper work for coach Hall to be resigned. come on.

No one likes to be held in limbo.

jmo

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information