Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: Scelfo Fired at Tulane, ire at UL, hired at Tech

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: OC/DC "Get It Hot" Scelfo and Fouquier in "Money Talks"

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    What is the latest on the OC and DC search for Louisiana!!!

DaddyCajun
    That last time that DMcD interviewed him, he had said that he was going to keep his options open until he had time to meet with others at some coaches convention in SA,TX. I think that convention will convene next week. I would expect something week after next. I am sure that he knows he wants these two guys, but either just wants to wait around in case Norm Chow or somebody decides he wants to come run the offense. Either that or he hasn't yet decided on the position coaches and wants to announce them all at the same time, or both, or neither.

UL Football Re: OC/DC "Get It Hot" Scelfo and Fouquier in "Money Talks"

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    That last time that DMcD interviewed him, he had said that he was going to keep his options open until he had time to meet with others at some coaches convention in SA,TX. I think that convention will convene next week. I would expect something week after next. I am sure that he knows he wants these two guys, but either just wants to wait around in case Norm Chow or somebody decides he wants to come run the offense. Either that or he hasn't yet decided on the position coaches and wants to announce them all at the same time, or both, or neither.
    Thanks, for the info. I ask questions for not only myself but for all Cajun Fans!

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    Does anyone understand or indeed know for certain what type of defensive scheme Fouquier has implemented with success in the past? How will our current players fit in with his anticipated defensive scheme?

FinallyIs Fouquier bringing any marque players with him to don a Cajun uniform?
    Despite their 0-12 record, FIU's problem wasn't really with the defense. They actually has a pretty good "d", definately better than what we saw late in the season from our boys.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: OC/DC "Get It Hot" Scelfo and Fouquier in "Money Talks"

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    I like idea of the Fouquier defense coming to UL. Where did he recruite at FIU and how do you pronounce his name?
    I have a frat brother named Fouquier and we pronounced his name

FOO Qway. I bet they are kin.

Geaux Cajuns

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    I have a frat brother named Fouquier and we pronounced his name

FOO Qway. I bet they are kin.

Geaux Cajuns
    Why doesn't he just go with Smith. that would be easier for the rest of us. We should all just go with Smith.

Think about this, we will have a coach (presumably) with a name nobody knows how to pronounce (at least i don't) and a QB with a name everyone thought they knew how to pronounce (DES-or-meaux instead of des-OR-meaux)

UL Football OC SEARCH

whats the latest on the search for an OC. Anyword on any of the other positions coaches also. Is scelfo almost a done deal or is Bustle keeping his options open through the coaches convention.

UL Football Re: OC SEARCH

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    whats the latest on the search for an OC. Anyword on any of the other positions coaches also. Is scelfo almost a done deal or is Bustle keeping his options open through the coaches convention.
    Scelfo is the deal, he needs to clear his contract with TooLAME. I doubt Bustle is activly looking at anyone else, the job offer is on the table.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: OC SEARCH

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Scelfo is the deal, he needs to clear his contract with TooLAME. I doubt Bustle is activly looking at anyone else, the job offer is on the table.
    We almost had Jimbo. All we needed was the $ 100 dollar Best Buy gift card to seal the dealso close, yet so far, huh Express???

Z.

Default Re: OC SEARCH

Scelfo will be huge.I think having him could really get our passing game going in the right direction.

Default Scelfo is the new OC.at Tech??

http://www.thenewsstar.com/news/blog.celfo-guy.html

Nothing official, but gives reason to get that rumor mill going again.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Scelfo is the new OC.at Tech??

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/news/blog.celfo-guy.html

Nothing official, but gives reason to get that rumor mill going again.
    OOOps. we move on!

Z.

UL Football Re: 2 Coaches ready to announce coming to UL

Make that 1 coach ready to announce coming to UL. The one I wanted is going else where.

To Tech's credit when they want something they go after it.

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron
    To Tech's credit when they want something they go after it.
    Your kidding, right? The only athletic program heading in the right direction at Tech is baseball, and thats with a UL guy at the helm.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Your kidding, right? The only athletic program heading in the right direction at Tech is baseball, and thats with a UL guy at the helm.

Z.
    Wait we want the same guy and you say Tech is going in the wrong direction?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information