Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2006: What is the UL mascot?

This is so COOL 2006: What is the UL mascot?

I was fortunate to be able to attend 3 home games this year and view 2 on television, and noticed that we did not have a mascot on the sidelines.

I remember the Cajun (I think someone kidnapped that one), the bulldog, and my favorite the Pepper. My daugter has quite a bit of pepper stuff from my trips to games.

So what is the mascot now.

Default Re: What is the UL mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLB
    I was fortunate to be able to attend 3 home games this year and view 2 on television, and noticed that we did not have a mascot on the sidelines.

I remember the Cajun (I think someone kidnapped that one), the bulldog, and my favorite the Pepper. My daugter has quite a bit of pepper stuff from my trips to games.

The mascot is still "Ragin Cajuns"

The Spirit leader - is the nowhere-to-be-found Cayenne the pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    The mascot is still "Ragin Cajuns"

I saw Russel on the sideline for a few Cajun football games.
    He's looking in to doing a few basketball games.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    That is where it belongs.

you know, during a Thursday night game a couple seasons ago, a buddy of mine, who happened to graduate from LSU, was in town and he came with us to the game. we were having a good time and that pepper started rolling around the stands on the student side trying to get it going. But, nobody was having it because that thing looks ridiculous and nobody respects it. My buddy turns around, gives it a look as if to say "get the hell out of here". after he turned back towards the field, the mascot put his hands on my buddies upper back and gave him a little shove. he turned around and told the mascot, "I will kill you". the mascot put his hands up and then walked back up to the concourse. Maybe I'll ask my buddy where he stashed the body.

You know rhineaux, having been the mascot during the 2004 season, I can guarantee you that encountering rude people that tell me they'll kill me is not fun at all. Nor is it fun having people give attitude either. I don't remember if I was the mascot that year or not, but no matter who's in the suit, that's just rude man. Don't care how much you don't like the mascot, u just don't do that. It's hard enough bein a mascot as it is. I'd have to think twice before coming back as mascot if people had treated me like that.

That being said, the reason the mascot has not shown up is that it's under the supervision of the person who also takes care of the cheerleaders and dance team. The person who is currently the supervisor is the complete opposite of proactive. When I was mascot, I was basically on my own, and being a mascot is very hard, even when you have help.

Solution: Change supervisors (should be happening after this year), and get a new mascot. Me and Turbine thought at the game that a red alligator would be a great mascot. anyhoo, just my .02

God Bless
    GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!

The mascot is still Ragin Cajuns, the spirit leader is still Cayenne the pepper.

HOWEVER!!!

There has not been a spirit leader/mascot at any games this year BECAUSE there is a new one on order. It should be coming in very soon and should be unveiled in April. That is what I am told. It is a new spin on the pepper that is supposed to look much better. Stay tuned for more information!!!

7. Default Re: What is the UL mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    There has not been a spirit leader/mascot at any games this year BECAUSE there is a new one on order. It should be coming in very soon and should be unveiled in April. That is what I am told. It is a new spin on the pepper that is supposed to look much better. Stay tuned for more information!!!

Good news, looking forward to the product, I just hope there isn't any well defined insanity happening here.

The last time there was an appearance by the Spirit Leader Pepper was Homecoming 2005. Zero appearances at basketball games last year.

8. Default Re: What is the UL mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    The mascot is still Ragin Cajuns, the spirit leader is still Cayenne the pepper.
    I have contended that Ragin' Cajuns is a moniker not a mascot, and that we haven't had a mascot since the BullDog.

Well, guys, Cayenne was back tonight at the basketball game. I kept looking at the outfit. It would be perfectly impossible to tell what that thing is if you just walked in off the street. If not a new mascot, a revamped costume would be an improvement at this point in my book.

heres my idea, a big giant pepper, big enough to where the hands and feet just barely make it out the holes, then no eye holes, and put em in the corner of the field and tell em to just walk around, i think that would be funny

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate
    Well, guys, Cayenne was back tonight at the basketball game. I kept looking at the outfit. It would be perfectly impossible to tell what that thing is if you just walked in off the street. If not a new mascot, a revamped costume would be an improvement at this point in my book.
    True story from tonight's basketball game:

I attended the game with my neighbor, his wife, and his small son (~2 years old). When "the pepper" was making its way up into the stands, my friend's son nervouosly began to point at it and say "No, No, No!" As "the pepper" made its way closer to our seats, the boy reached for his father, hugged him and screamed "No!" When the boy's father asked him what was wrong, he pointed to "the pepper," and immediately grasped for his father again. "The pepper" terrified the boy.

I also found it interesting that the crowd responded with a low murmur (sp?) when "the pepper" was introduced. Its introduction actually seemed to deflate the crowd's enthusiaism. So, other than being hideous and embarassing, "the pepper" now terrifies children and silences crowds. Everyone, let's advocate its replacement! Anything else would be better! Are you with me?

12. Ragin' Cajuns Re: What is the UL mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlove

I attended the game with my neighbor, his wife, and his small son (~2 years old). When "the pepper" was making its way up into the stands, my friend's son nervouosly began to point at it and say "No, No, No!" As "the pepper" made its way closer to our seats, the boy reached for his father, hugged him and screamed "No!" When the boy's father asked him what was wrong, he pointed to "the pepper," and immediately grasped for his father again. "The pepper" terrified the boy.

I also found it interesting that the crowd responded with a low murmur (sp?) when "the pepper" was introduced. Its introduction actually seemed to deflate the crowd's enthusiaism. So, other than being hideous and embarassing, "the pepper" now terrifies children and silences crowds. Everyone, let's advocate its replacement! Anything else would be better! Are you with me?
    I was at the game too. I was the big idiot wearing the red wig in the band. That thig keeps getting scarier looking and scarier looking every year.

13. Default Re: What is the UL mascot?

and my favorite the Pepper. My daugter has quite a bit of pepper stuff from my trips to games.

What is this a cruel joke? Did you know a new spirit leader was going to be released tonight? You had to, the timing of your first post is uncanny. Besides I have never heard anyone call the pepper their favorite. When I saw the pepper tonight I thought they just don't get it, why do they insist on force feeding us a vegetable? This school is stuck on stupid when it comes to spirit leaders.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlove

Is it too late to cancel the purchase order on that thing they are going to embarass us with, I mean unveil in April. Who's responsibility is this? Does anyone know who we can contact about this so we can stop the madness?

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Is it too late to cancel the purchase order on that thing they are going to embarass us with, I mean unveil in April. Who's responsibility is this? Does anyone know who we can contact about this so we can stop the madness?
    If we are stuck with the Pepper monster terrorizing young Cajun fans then why can't we get a major donation from Chili's and slap their name on it? I can hear it now here comes the Chili's pepper monster!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information