Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2 Sunbelt teams in bowl games

Default 2 Sunbelt teams in bowl games

CFN.com thinks so. I don't know if I will believe it till it happens but I'm glad to see someone respecting the Belt enough to put 3 teams in.

Troy vs. East Carolina - New Orleans Bowl
    UL vs. Hawaii - Hawaii Bowl
    Middle Tennessee vs. Central Florida - Motor City Bowl

Default Re: 3 Sunbelt teams in bowl games?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    CFN.com thinks so. I don't know if I will believe it till it happens but I'm glad to see someone respecting the Belt enough to put 3 teams in.

Dude put the damn crack pipe down and catch a grip. I bet you proabably agree with that scenario

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 3 Sunbelt teams in bowl games?

Now that would be nice! Does anyone know what type of out of conference wins Troy and Middle have under their belts.respectively?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    Now that would be nice! Does anyone know what type of out of conference wins Troy and Middle have under their belts.respectively?
    Middle has 1 OOC win against a 1aa
    Troy has 1 OOC win against a 1aa

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 3 Sunbelt teams in bowl games?

Middle has 1 OOC win against a 1aa
    Troy has 1 OOC win against a 1aa
    If that is the case.wouldn't it be fair to say that our out of conference wins would make us a better at large bid to be considered for a bowl appearance? Or does it not matter

Whoa! That would be awesome! I know this is just "what if " , but damn, getting 3 SBC schools to bowls (regardless of which ones) would be a tremendous accomplishment. BTW, I don't have a problem letting MT go to Detroit if we get to go to Hawai'i ! Hope this dream comes true. First, TCB with ULM! Can we still say "Scalp the Warhawks"? Maybe "Pluck the Warhawks" would be better! Either way, just win, baby!

CFN is really confident that with a win we are going bowling. This comes from the CFN website.

UL Lafayette … As bad as things looked a few weeks ago, it's stunning how things can quickly change. After beating Arkansas State with a nice mix of running from both Jerry Ball and Tyrell Fenroy, the Ragin' Cajuns can get to seven wins by beating UL Monroe next week and knock someone out of a bowl spot. As long as Fenroy, who's coming on like a league MVP, runs like he has the last few week, ULL will go somewhere for a 13th game.

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: 3 Sunbelt teams in bowl games?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    Don't know about Troy State of MTSU but the cajuns OOC wins are not that great with the exception being Houston. If I had to bet I'd say that MAYBE MTSU sneaks in to a bowl game at best. I cannot imagine any bowl game taking 3 teams from the sunbelt. It would be a neat trick but I seriously doubt it.

Now they have us in a different bowl.

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl
    San Diego, CA
    Qualcomm Stadium
    December 19, 2006, ESPN2
    Mountain West vs. at-large
    Bowl Projection: TCU vs. UL Lafayette

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

San Diego, CA
    Qualcomm Stadium
    December 19, 2006, ESPN2
    Bowl Projection: TCU vs. University of Louisiana
    I would rather Motor City over.

a) Poinsettia just because we would perhaps play a weaker team than TCU, then again, they are all good at this point.

b) Hawaii because I can afford a flight to Detroit. Hawaii is freaking expensive.

either way, and i know nothing is in stone yet, I am proud of those guys for never giving up and putting them in a position for the second straight year of controlling their own destiny. Whether they make it to a bowl or not, seasons like this are what builds programs and provides stability in a program for the future. And, if they don't get an invite, I hope they feel sick (again this year, like last year) and remember that feeling next season.

CFN is really confident that with a win we are going bowling. This comes from the CFN website.

University of Louisiana … As bad as things looked a few weeks ago, it's stunning how things can quickly change. After beating Arkansas State with a nice mix of running from both Jerry Ball and Tyrell Fenroy, the Ragin' Cajuns can get to seven wins by beating UL Monroe next week and knock someone out of a bowl spot. As long as Fenroy, who's coming on like a league MVP, runs like he has the last few week, Louisiana Là will go somewhere for a 13th game.
    What website is this??

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    I would rather Motor City over.

a) Poinsettia just because we would perhaps play a weaker team than TCU, then again, they are all good at this point.

b) Hawaii because I can afford a flight to Detroit. Hawaii is freaking expensive.

either way, and i know nothing is in stone yet, I am proud of those guys for never giving up and putting them in a position for the second straight year of controlling their own destiny. Whether they make it to a bowl or not, seasons like this are what builds programs and provides stability in a program for the future. And, if they don't get an invite, I hope they feel sick (again this year, like last year) and remember that feeling next season.
    not to mention hawaii scores like 108 points a game. Tcu runs the ball so i would rather go to san diego. Anybody who has ever been to san diego knows it awesomw

San Diego, CA
    Qualcomm Stadium
    December 19, 2006, ESPN2
    Bowl Projection: TCU vs. University of Louisiana
    AHEM! Look at my "Location" above. If the quoted material comes true, tailgating fun for all!! Crawfish burritos mmm!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    not to mention hawaii scores like 108 points a game. Tcu runs the ball so i would rather go to san diego. Anybody who has ever been to san diego knows it awesomw
    As nice as Diego is, Hawaii blows it away.

I think the Cajuns hopes depend on MTSU accepting a Motor City or Poinsettia bid coupled with Troy losing to FIU.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information