Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (24) vs. OSU (65)

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (24) vs. OSU (65)

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Please.dont give me that. If Monroe can compete with these teams then we should too. We didn't show up and we got flat out embarrassed. We could've played much better and kept this game competitive but we didn't. We dont need 2-3 more years of recruiting, we need these guys to step up to the challenge. They didn't today and it showed. On the bright side we know this team is capable of playing much better and I for one think they will for the rest of the season. Consider this a wake up call. FIU will have no idea what they're getting into on the 29th.
    +10000000000

Please.dont give me that. If Monroe can compete with these teams then we should too. We didn't show up and we got flat out embarrassed. We could've played much better and kept this game competitive but we didn't. We dont need 2-3 more years of recruiting, we need these guys to step up to the challenge. They didn't today and it showed. On the bright side we know this team is capable of playing much better and I for one think they will for the rest of the season. Consider this a wake up call. FIU will have no idea what they're getting into on the 29th.
    You get it!

3. Default Re: In-Game Thread Louisiana vs. OSU

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    No Brian that was a straight up break defense. Also put it on ESPN U and see what WKU is doing to Kentucky.
    I get your point loud and clear but for the record pure "break" defenses usually give up relatively few first downs.

I

In spite of everything I've said tonight.this man has a good point!

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: In-Game Thread Louisiana vs. OSU

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The outcome of this game was determined last Saturday when OSU lost to Arizona by 55-0 and with ULM beating Arkansas. You know the OSU coaches put the ULM score up in the locker room on Sunday Morning. Those coaches told their kids not us. Even if ULM had not won, there was no way the OSU coaches were not going to motivate their team after getting whipped 55-0. It just so happened that we were the next team on their schedule, it could have been anybody and I think they would have beat them up pretty bad. The OSU coaches were not going to make this a trap game for them (they play Texas next on their schedule).

I hope none of our players got injured.
    Its irrelevant to this thread, but your Okie State- Arizona score is no where near accurate

Default Re: In-Game Thread Louisiana vs. OSU

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I get your point loud and clear but for the record pure "break" defenses usually give up relatively few first downs.
    The only reason they got so many first downs was they had to take a "break" from all the running they were doing up and down the field with no resistance.

So much agree.

8. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (24) vs. OSU (65)

The whole game kinda reminded me of the first Troy drive last week---Very quick and great play calling!! We couldn't stop Troy or come close on that drive and ------well you know what I mean!!!

As a general rule, when we play BCS teams, I get much more wary when it's spread teams like this. I'd much rather play a team that runs more often, even if it's a much higher ranked team. The chance of a game getting out of hand is greater and your margin of error is so small that you go 3 & out vs a team like this and, well, you see the result. No excuse, just that id rather my big conference games to be against traditional "power" offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    The whole game kinda reminded me of the first Troy drive last week---Very quick and great play calling!! We couldn't stop Troy or come close on that drive and ------well you know what I mean!!!
    It kind of reminded me of a Jr. High team playing an NFL team. We looked unprepared, lost, and out coached. I think saying we looked like ____ would be unfair to ____.

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    It kind of reminded me of a Jr. High team playing an NFL team. We looked unprepared, lost, and out coached. I think saying we looked like ____ would be unfair to ____.
    Yep and the worst part was the Defense played like they gave up by halftime. Poor tackling and huge holes for their RB and QB to run through. I don't care if we didn't have Hamilton. Not forcing them to punt once is pathetic and needs to be fixed. There's so much talent on this Defense, but they showed tonight that they are still getting used to playing together. They better clean up those mistakes fast. We have some big games coming up.

Yep and the worst part was the Defense played like they gave up by halftime. Poor tackling and huge holes for their RB and QB to run through. I don't care if we didn't have Hamilton. Not forcing them to punt once is pathetic and needs to be fixed. There's so much talent on this Defense, but they showed tonight that they are still getting used to playing together. They better clean up those mistakes fast. We have some big games coming up.
    I think they did punt once in the second half, however I was loaded by then so I could be wrong.

In fairness, that Okie St. offense would score at will on Arkansas and Auburn too.

Part of the problem yesterday was that Okie suffered a bad loss last week. That fact, coupled with the ulm upset, made it near impossible that okie would go to sleep on us.

Our biggest problem is that Blaine isn't the player he was in December. YET. IDK how much the ribs affected his play.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Kolton Browning is a Manimal.
    His syle of play increases the chance of injury. He will not be as effective all season long.

Our defense has also played 198 snaps in 2 games, that's technically 3 games in 7 days. We need this bye badly. They came out flat, look tired.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information