Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (24) vs. OSU (65)

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (24) vs. OSU (65)

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    In fairness, that Okie St. offense would score at will on Arkansas and Auburn too.

Part of the problem yesterday was that Okie suffered a bad loss last week. That fact, coupled with the ulm upset, made it near impossible that okie would go to sleep on us.

Our biggest problem is that Blaine isn't the player he was in December. YET. IDK how much the ribs affected his play.
    Yes there was a lot going against us but the fact that we weren't even competitive is what ____ed me off. Keep in mind Okie state put up these points with their backup QB. Our defense did not step up. And there are no excuses for the way our offense played. We couldn't move the ball for most of the game. And it's not like their defense is great or anything. Blaine was very disappointing. He was wildly inaccurate. I hope it was because of his ribs were hurting because I would be very worried if he just had a bad game like that for no reason. This was hopefully the wakeup call the team needed.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    His syle of play increases the chance of injury. He will not be as effective all season long.
    I havent watched him closely but doesn't he have a similar style of play than Blaine? Serious question.

2. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (24) vs. OSU (65)

UL did well with a backup QB vs Troy. Why?

Troy didn't game plan for his exact type of play.

OSU did VERY well with a backup QB. Why?

UL didn't game plan for his exact type of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

quit making excuses, Broadway has been hitting his receivers and flat out playing better football than Gautier. Gautier needs to step it up before Broadway steals the starting position from him. Gautier has been over throwing his receivers way too often and his timing is way off. This bye week should allow him to get back to the fundamentals and be back on track vs. FIUI hope so atleast.

Agreed.

5. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (24) vs. OSU (65)

It seems to me that Gautier has become way to comfortable at the starting QB position. I know he pretty much re-wrote the team records book last year but right know it looks like Broadway want's it more. Broadway is way more in sync with the offense and hopefully Gautier will feel the heat from Broadway and become that elite QB that we know he can be.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    quit making excuses, Broadway has been hitting his receivers and flat out playing better football than Gautier. Gautier needs to step it up before Broadway steals the starting position from him. Gautier has been over throwing his receivers way too often and his timing is way off. This bye week should allow him to get back to the fundamentals and be back on track vs. FIUI hope so atleast.
    I'm not making excuses for Gautier's lack of touch on the ball.

I'm the one with the theory quarterbacks should not do upper body weights after June.

Passing is a muscle memory exercise.

What I am saying is, that if you think coaches call the exact same plays for any QB on the field, then everthing will look like an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

UL switched to Broadway in the 2nd quarter. Broadway led UL down the field and put us in FG range for the first time. Unfortunately Baer missed it. After that drive, Okie State adjusted and they shut Broadway down the rest of the game. They made adjustments to a new QB. Why couldn't we?

So far this year broadway looks clearly better. Since the spring game actually. I hope Blaine turns it around soon, we need senior leadership right now

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    So far this year broadway looks clearly better. Since the spring game actually. I hope Blaine turns it around soon, we need senior leadership right now
    He does look better. But I think the only time we've seen a healthy Gautier this year was the first game. He admitted he was nervous going in and his footwork showed that. He didn't play much against Troy but for the short period of time he was in he looked solid. As for this game I'm assuming his poor play had to do with his injury. Hopefully, he gets the rest he needs with the bye week and gets healthy again. If he doesn't put on a good showing against FIU, there will be no excuses for him and there may be a serious QB controversy at that point. But for now, I'm giving Gautier the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    He does look better. But I think the only time we've seen a healthy Gautier this year was the first game. He admitted he was nervous going in and his footwork showed that. He didn't play much against Troy but for the short period of time he was in he looked solid. As for this game I'm assuming his poor play had to do with his injury. Hopefully, he gets the rest he needs with the bye week and gets healthy again. If he doesn't put on a good showing against FIU, there will be no excuses for him and there may be a serious QB controversy at that point. But for now, I'm giving Gautier the benefit of the doubt.
    Good points and he has certainly earned that benefit.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm not concerned about our QBs. We're more solid at QB than we've been in a long time. We didn't play well on either side of the ball yesterday, and you cannot do that against an up tempo gunslinger like OSU. I'm not going to evaluate anything or anyone based on that game. I'm hugely disappointed in that game, but it's one game. It was our toughest game on the schedule and we're done with it.

I guess some of the football ignorant that think you get more injuries in football when you play "bigger programs" have learned their lesson. We had an equal chance of injury against Lamar as we did OSU. OSU, in a lopsided domination, came away with more injuries than the Cajuns. I hope I never hear that ignorant misunderstood injury BS talk on this forum again.

I'm still fired up about our team and this year. As someone else mentioned, OSU is probably the worst team to have a bad day against. They are designed for gunslinging and we just couldn't fire back.

The toughest season contest is behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I'm not concerned about our QBs. We're more solid at QB than we've been in a long time. We didn't play well on either side of the ball yesterday, and you cannot do that against an up tempo gunslinger like OSU. I'm not going to evaluate anything or anyone based on that game. I'm hugely disappointed in that game, but it's one game. It was our toughest game on the schedule and we're done with it.

I guess some of the football ignorant that think you get more injuries in football when you play "bigger programs" have learned their lesson. We had an equal chance of injury against Lamar as we did OSU. OSU, in a lopsided domination, came away with more injuries than the Cajuns. I hope I never hear that ignorant misunderstood injury BS talk on this forum again.

I'm still fired up about our team and this year. As someone else mentioned, OSU is probably the worst team to have a bad day against. They are designed for gunslinging and we just couldn't fire back.

The toughest season contest is behind us.
    We went to a shootout shooting blanks.

P.s. I digged their "tombstone" clip for the runout.

13. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (24) vs. OSU (65)

WE have the same problem as last year----We cannot run the football----Deductive logic comes to mind in this case---Is it the caliber of opponent ----Is it the strategy of the opponent to shut our running down-----Is it our running backs----is it the play calling or QB check offs---Is it the ability of our offensive line to move block the opponents????? Think this puts the various reasons in the open to be considered for the culprit in our not moving the ball over land!!!!

Missisippi State rushed for 213 yards VS. Troy last night.We rushed for 218 yards VS. Troy last week

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    WE have the same problem as last year----We cannot run the football----Deductive logic comes to mind in this case---Is it the caliber of opponent ----Is it the strategy of the opponent to shut our running down-----Is it our running backs----is it the play calling or QB check offs---Is it the ability of our offensive line to move block the opponents????? Think this puts the various reasons in the open to be considered for the culprit in our not moving the ball over land!!!!
    We were trying to pass to catch up. We abandoned the run. This team can still run the ball.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information