Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (24) vs. OSU (65)

1. Default Re: In-Game Thread Louisiana vs. OSU

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    39'1st downs and over 740 yards. As Hud said at half, not fricken acceptable.
    This is how the bend and break defense is supposed to function.

Brian

Default Re: In-Game Thread Louisiana vs. OSU

Going into this game against OSU at 2-0, if you are not notivated to play, then what will it take. We will not get to where we want to be. Win conference, is that it?

“I am disappointed because we did not play the way that we are capable of,” head coach Mark Hudspeth said. “We didn’t execute, we didn’t stop the run and we didn’t move the ball effectively, especially in the first half. It was a total team defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by cum grano salis View Post
    I'm guessing those few Cajun fans who were thinking Big XII invite soon might be thinking twice now. That game was quite painful.
    Yea, good idea but complety unrealistic

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (24) vs. OSU (65)

We got arse kicked. We all need to put this behind us
    FIU to right ship. A Tulane blowout will get the mojo back

Yes in the grand scheme of things, this is a meaningless game. If we CVome out p•• Ed and handle FIU WE`ll be ok

Only thing worse than seeing us get blown out of the first half is how fast "Cajun fans" are ready to drop the rope and tuck their tails btween their legs and go pout. Glad the boys wearing the uniform and coaches don't quit as easily as their so called fans. I bet OSU fans didn't quit on their team after last week's whippin'. This was one game and one game only, now stop ya'll whining, dry your baby tears, and get ahold of the rope....ain't nothin' changed in Acadiana, we're still going to have a great year!!!!

We (UL) were outgunned, outplayed, overmatched. We are not ready for these teams (yet). Put it behind us, and move on. Get ready for the next one up.

Not that I'm anywhere near giving up on this team, but I'm just sick of getting flat out embarrassed every time we play one of the big boys on national tv. Always on the wrong end of 70 point offensive blowouts. Are we ever going to make one of these games at least competitive?

I love the way Hud makes no excuses.

Fans got spoiled after last year....have to remember we're a young team and 2-3 more recruiting years, we're going to get quicker, stronger, and better....I think we're still on track to dominate the Sun Belt in the next 2 years.

I don't think everyone let go of the rope, they just expect more from Ragin Cajun football these days. When we play like we did today, we air our frustration. Frankly, it's a better feeling to expect good results against a good team and get let down than just going into the game knowing it's going to be a lose and hoping they don't run the score up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    This is how the bend and break defense is supposed to function.

Brian
    No Brian that was a straight up break defense. Also put it on ESPN U and see what WKU is doing to Kentucky.

Western is running the ball down Kentucky's throat. That will be a tough game at home.

Middle beating Memphis 20-10
    Troy hanging with MS State 16-7 inspite of 2 int

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    Fans got spoiled after last year....have to remember we're a young team and 2-3 more recruiting years, we're going to get quicker, stronger, and better....I think we're still on track to dominate the Sun Belt in the next 2 years.
    Please...dont give me that. If Monroe can compete with these teams then we should too. We didn't show up and we got flat out embarrassed. We could've played much better and kept this game competitive but we didn't. We dont need 2-3 more years of recruiting, we need these guys to step up to the challenge. They didn't today and it showed. On the bright side we know this team is capable of playing much better and I for one think they will for the rest of the season. Consider this a wake up call. FIU will have no idea what they're getting into on the 29th.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information