2. Guinness
    3. Samuel Adams's Summer Ale
    4. Smithwicks
    5. Bud Light

But the best beer of all is FREE beer

Default Re: Favorite Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    But the best beer of all is FREE beer

not being a contrary although do recall when younger singing that song. "If your not with the one you love, love the one your with"

as i have gained days in life. that song no longer works for me. Even if no cost . (grins)

Quote Originally Posted by srob View Post
    They've been bottling it for a few months now - Albertson's in Broussard usually has it.
    No way? That's awesome. I didn't realize it was bottled now. Great to hear

the thing about beer pretty sure if you drink too much It lends itself to posting PUI (posting under the influence)

After watching the Cajuns play today I may try hemlock.

I drank a ton of Canebrake at the Walk On's in New Orleans. You weren't kidding.that stuff is great.

Seems like a simple question, but I love beer so much I don't think I could single out a style or brewer, much less a beer.
    Porter: (512) Pecan Porter, Deschutes Black Butte, Otter Stovepipe
    Dunkelweizen: Weihenstephaner, Ayinger
    Hefeweizen: Live Oak, Ayinger
    Kristalweizen: Erdinger
    Marzen/Oktoberfest: Ayinger, Sam Adams, St Arnold
    American Pale Ale: Real Ale Fireman's 4
    Kolsch: St Arnold Fancy Lawnmower
    German or Czech Pilsner: Brooklyn, Live Oak

These would the favorite brews in the favorite styles. I love me some amber ale, amber lager, trappist ale, witbier, and so on. Have not developed a taste for IPA despite its popularity.

Fantasy beer moment aside, most of these are not session beers. Can't drink very many without getting hosed. My favorite widely available go-to tailgating type beers are Real Ale Fireman's 4, Shiner Bock, and Sam Adam's Octoberfest. When I have mesquite or pecan going in the smoker, I have to have a Shiner. It just belongs to Texas BBQ. If I'm at a street fair or something where only mass market stuff is available, Zeigenbock Amber is a really good option. I have no problem drinking several of those.

Is it bad when you tend to start making selections of bars or restaurants based on if they serve Canebrake? That is what I find myself doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Is it bad when you tend to start making selections of bars or restaurants based on if they serve Canebrake? That is what I find myself doing now.
    My cousin had me drinking Canebrake and Covington Strawberry mixed. And we had a lot of it. I was there for a bachelor party.and didn't get to see the bachelor puke at Pat O's. I blame the devilish mixture for it.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    LOL!
    Pinky up??

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    A sure sign that you found a good one. I'll have to seek it out next time I'm in Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    A sure sign that you found a good one. I'll have to seek it out next time I'm in Lafayette.
    I ask for it in every restaurant I go to in Lafayette. If they don't have it. I suggest they get it.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Dang, I have to try me a Canebrake. I lived in Venezuela as a kid and they had a beer called Polar. I snuck a lot of sips as a kid at parties. Later, when traveling to Trinidad, I tried a beer called Carib. Most beers I've had in the islands, I did not like. I had not had a Polar since being a kid. That Carib instantly hit me with a recall of that Polar flavor. I think both have some sugar cane component in their makeup. It was the only thing that I could match in their tastes. I wonder if Canebrake will trigger that taste memory when I try it. I can't wait to see.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Newcastle Brown Ale - current favorite
    Blackhawk Black Ale at the Gulf Brew in Lafayette a few months back - really liked it

For long days of sun and fun. whatever's ice cold (can or bottle)

Can't drink a lot of draft anymore. get a splitting headache

Smithwick's "Ireland's Oldest Ale"
    Abita Amber
    Samuel Adams Octoberfest
    Michelob AmberBock

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information