Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread: Favorite Beer.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Hold on.where was the Fat Tire being sold at?
    There weren't any abita beers on the home side. The fat tire evidently displaced abita amber (upgrade)

Anybody care to chime in on the beer offerings on the student side? I may have to venture over there next home game if more options

Default Re: Favorite Beer.

A & W is still the best.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

A great new beer I tried yesterday, Dr. Hoptagon from Parish. It is a black IPA. I am no fan of IPAs but this was fantastic. Very balanced and not bitter. A smooth beer with lots of flavor and the color is cool. I'll buy more after it is bottled.

On a negative, I tried to buy a beer at Cajun Field yesterday. All I had was my expired drivers license because my wallet got stolen Friday. Refused to sell me a beer because of the expired license. They couldnt explain how that made any sense, just that it was a UL policy. I cant make sense of it. Anyone have any insight? BTW I'm 45 and its painfully obvious!

4. Default Re: Favorite Beer.

But just think you could have voted and moved on and voted at every polling place (beer booth) that was available---BTW let's get our country back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    A great new beer I tried yesterday, Dr. Hoptagon from Parish. It is a black IPA. I am no fan of IPAs but this was fantastic. Very balanced and not bitter. A smooth beer with lots of flavor and the color is cool. I'll buy more after it is bottled.

On a negative, I tried to buy a beer at Cajun Field yesterday. All I had was my expired drivers license because my wallet got stolen Friday. Refused to sell me a beer because of the expired license. They couldnt explain how that made any sense, just that it was a UL policy. I cant make sense of it. Anyone have any insight? BTW I'm 45 and its painfully obvious!
    The state law, at least according to the ABC offices in state that issue licenses to servers, does not allow for the use of expired identification. It's the same principle as getting a ticket for expired inspection or registration. Once an ID is expired it is no longer valid.

Default Re: New Swamp Turf Coming for 2017 Season

I like beer.

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    I like beer.
    No. One. Cares.

Yankee.

Knowing what a big Saints fan hawk is, I'll add Dixie now that Tommy Benson owns the brand

J/K. Dixie is aweful

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Knowing what a big Saints fan hawk is, I'll add Dixie now that Tommy Benson owns the brand

J/K. Dixie is aweful
    It is terrible. Just another on the list of awful things Tom Benson owns.

There is a brewery close to Cajun field called "Cajun Brewing", they just changed distributors to Shilling, so I hope they can now be sold at UL games. Their mainstays are the Cajun Wit and Bayou Brunette, and while they do have a number of beers the standouts are an oatmeal stout as well as one called Freetown, but their Hefeweisen is really good and my favorite. I heard they now are bottling the Wit and Freetown and should be in stores soon. The brewer is also a Pet E Grad from UL.

Quote Originally Posted by RCFan View Post
    There is a brewery close to Cajun field called "Cajun Brewing", they just changed distributors to Shilling, so I hope they can now be sold at UL games. Their mainstays are the Cajun Wit and Bayou Brunette, and while they do have a number of beers the standouts are an oatmeal stout as well as one called Freetown, but their Hefeweisen is really good and my favorite. I heard they now are bottling the Wit and Freetown and should be in stores soon. The brewer is also a Pet E Grad from UL.
    I just got a Stanley growler to take advantage of their tap room for tailgating.

Quote Originally Posted by RCFan View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I live close to them and want to check out their taproom.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread Information