Page 31 of 98 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

Eric was married before he came to UL. Hisd also got a daughter.

Default You cajuns ready for some football??

YOu guys scare me a little bit. I don't like teams coming off big juco classes. How many of them are starters now? Who are the elite guys my gamecocks need to shut down to win? finally, who's coming to Columbia???

Default fer ya

The JCs jumped in and helped out our defense tremendously, as our Defensive Line is now the strength of our team. we also have a former butkis award list canidate back after he injured himself last year in Ross Brupbacher, who puts alot of pressure on defense. On offense, watch out for Fred Stamps, hes on a couple of watch Lists this year, and should be very good this year. I sure would like to see yer gamecocks here in lafayette though, thatd be fun!

Tuffguy

Yea, like he said, he was married before he came here, and yea he does have a daughter that got fired up at practice. A couple of the children of the players on the team were around her, and it was funny, I heard like 4 "yay daddy!"s from them, only for them to get preoccupied with something else in the next 3 seconds.KIDS RAWK! one of the kids had his UL jersey on, Hope he keeps that up and one day plays for UL.

Tuffguy

5. UL Football Cajuns’ progress evaluated

LOUISIANA La. — UL’s football staff didn’t see much on film to change their opinions about Saturday’s second scrimmage of fall drills.

“It’s never as good as you think or as bad as you think,” head coach Rickey Bustle said Sunday after the Ragin’ Cajuns went through a two-hour practice session. “They had a lot of effort and enthusiasm and they fought through the heat to the very end. But we’ve got to get better on our assignments.”

The squad spent over an hour Sunday looking at film of Saturday’s 70-play scrimmage before hitting the field for their 18th practice session, and improving technique was high on the list of things to do.

More specifically, it was getting improvement from the newer squad members.

“The newcomers and juco guys still have a long way to go in technique,” said defensive coordinator Brent Pry. “The three new defensive linemen we have, the two newcomer linebackers, they’ve got to be more gap accountable.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@lafayette.gannett.com

6. Default Cajuns to get rest after long stretch of practice

LOUISIANA La. -- The University of Louisiana completed their 18th practice session in 14 days on Sunday.

The practice featured 13 periods, including four special teams periods. The Cajuns worked on kickoff and kickoff return, punt and punt block/return as well as onside kicks.

The only offense versus defense period was a ten-minute session on running the two-minute drill.

"We did a two-minute drill to get the mechanics of it down," Cajuns offensive coordinator Rob Christophel said. "The team worked on corrections of mistakes from the scrimmage to sharpen up a little bit."

With school set to begin today, the Cajuns will enjoy their first day of class without practice to worry about. ULL will resume practice at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday and then scrimmage again Wednesday at Cajun Field.

"When we get back to practice we will work on special situations," added Christophel. "The offense is pointing to game planning against South Carolina."

The source of the story

7. People Get well Michael Zatarain

Get well soon Michael.

A week ago today his life was on the line, in fact he almost died last Monday. he is not completely out of the woods yet.

When I saw or didn't see MZ at practice for a few days I corresponded with his father over the weekend as to his well being. I was only slightly concerned because at the start of fall practice I talked to Michael about the upcoming season and inquired if he was going to be playing the rover position like he practiced last year. He informed me he was now going to be at corner. In the few minutes we talked it came up that he did have a rash and was sitting out a few practices, but it seemed to be healing. In actuality he had an infection that was quickly turning into gangrene.

He has had 3 surgeries and has one more scheduled for today (Monday). According to Mick Zaterain (Michael’s father) "Everyone has been incredible. Coach Bustle and the staff were on the way to hospital in the middle of the night when they learned about my son. All the coaches have called more than once a day. All the folks at UL have been 5 star.”

He went on to say "Michael is going to be all right over time and will be able to play next season. I'm not sure there are many D-1 schools that have a devoted coaching staff that would care that much about a redshirt. God Bless the Ragin' Cajuns.”

I asked Mick if this was a private matter and he said no. His exact quote was;
    "Oh, No. I want everyone to know he's doing well. But, most importantly, I want to thank the entire Ragin' Cajun Family for all their support.

From a father, it means so much.

Thanks, and see you all in Lafayette soon.

We're Dome Bound!

We all want you to get well soon Michael. Thanks for letting me photograph your helmet from multiple angles.

ps here is an ongoing bio of M.Z. going back to his high school days.

Get well soon Michael our prayers are with you.

Ragin' Cajuns

DITTO from the BIGGEST RAGIN' CAJUNS fan in New Orleans!!! Hope we'll get to see you on the field next season!!! Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

Jack Knauer - Class of '88

hey thank you Jon for keeping us all updated no doubt Mick,, we all wish Michael and your whole family our best bil

Louisiana

Thanks for your dedication to the program and get well soon. We look forward to seeing you back next year.

I can only imagine the scare you are going through. Please get well SOON.

Ditteaux. Get well soon!

Originally posted by Chuck
    Get well soon Michael our prayers are with you.
    AMEN.

15. Default

Originally posted by 1st and Goal
    A little advice on parking for the game. Once on I-77 headed towards the stadium (you will see the signs) exit onto Bluff Road. The stadium is on Bluff Road, past the 'hood

Once on Bluff Rd follow it to the fairgrounds, just past the stadium. Turn into the fairgrounds and they will direct you to where alot of visiting teams get together.

There are many places to park around Williams Brice but the later you arrive, the further away you will have to park. Our place seats 82,000 and it will be filled, so get there early because the un-reserved parking fills up fast (half of the fairgrounds are reserved for Gamecock Club members)

Alot of tailgaiting takes place in the fairgrounds, walk around, we are friendly folk who like to have a good time. Walk up to the RV's, one always has a DJ spinning great tunes.

Enjoy
    Hey 1st, why not invite a few of them over to the ranch for a taste of some down-home tailgating? They seem like a pretty decent group of fans!

Page 31 of 98 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 . LastLast

Thread Information