Page 26 of 98 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

1. Default

Thanks for the report. I wanted to go on Sunday, but got tied up.

Get someone at cajunfield who is willing to eat a red hot jalapeno pepper for each point we score, much like i think Tex AM does pushups for each point they get. we score 30 points, and someones throats gonna be on fire.

Tuffguy,
    That was really the funniest idea I have heard in a long time. I think it would be hillarious to watch someone try to stuff 7 red peppers in his mouth. Thats entertainment.

Also, I don't have a problem with some homer quotes at the game.

4. UL Football 6-7 Blappert moved to tight end

Cajuns will hold 60-play scrimmage at 3 p.m. today.

LOUISIANA La. — Troy Wingerter’s only regret is that he doesn’t have more time to work with Darryl Blappert. The 6-foot-7, 275-pound junior college transfer has been shifted from defensive tackle to tight end as Louisiana continues its preparations for the 2003 season opener at South Carolina.

Judging from his tenacity and effort in Tuesday’s “middle drill,” the senior may have found a home.

“He’s a work in progress,” said Wingerter, the Cajuns’ tight end coach. “He’s a gifted athlete who’s a senior, and he’s exhibited a lot of the characteristics you like at tight end.

“We have a plethora of defensive line talent, guys who have girth. Darryl could have stayed there and seen some action, but he can help us in our two tight end sets as a backup for Lawrence Johnson.”

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

5. Default DAY 9

Two-a-day practices winding down

August 12, 2003

We all marked our calendars today. Only two more rough two-a-days practices left. Camp does not end until this coming Saturday, but we still only have two more left.

They are good work days and they serve a great purpose, but everyone will be ready to get to the season.

As an offense and defense, we work against one another to improve every single day. Some days one side has the upper hand, and on other days it is dead even.

The rest Lawrence Johnson's football practice report

6. Default

I think it's the Ramada Northeast at the intersection of Two Notch Road and I-77.

The stadium is about 5 miles from the hotel.

Thanks, it gives us a chance to visit a little.

8. Default

A little advice on parking for the game. Once on I-77 headed towards the stadium (you will see the signs) exit onto Bluff Road. The stadium is on Bluff Road, past the 'hood

Once on Bluff Rd follow it to the fairgrounds, just past the stadium. Turn into the fairgrounds and they will direct you to where alot of visiting teams get together.

There are many places to park around Williams Brice but the later you arrive, the further away you will have to park. Our place seats 82,000 and it will be filled, so get there early because the un-reserved parking fills up fast (half of the fairgrounds are reserved for Gamecock Club members)

Alot of tailgaiting takes place in the fairgrounds, walk around, we are friendly folk who like to have a good time. Walk up to the RV's, one always has a DJ spinning great tunes.

Enjoy

hey all it is in the media guide if you have one i gave mine to "mee-maw" (spelling) see lawrence johnson's bit on Fan Day (1st bustle committ's grand-ma) so i can't say for sure where the hotel is

(hurry they do not "archive" very long also hint for web-governor tee-hee)
    http://www.theadvertiser.com/sports/.ED9CF952.shtml

although i have heard friday night's "camp bustle" is moving to the Hotel Acadiana off Pinhook thanks to them for the nice gig and kudo's to the Cajun fellow who helped with this as well as the aforementioned Lawrence bits

who can't enjoy the turn around of the direction of football at the school i am (not) Ragin Rash (smiles)

Default Re: Re: The Big Ragoo

Originally posted by California Cajun
    I think The Big Ragoo is Ben Theall, who worked at KPEL.
    huh? this is almost funny (smiles)

I think I can understand your posts much better when they are in Spanish.

UL Football Pretty Good

From the Daily Advertiser

"Cajun coach Rickey Bustle’s thrown-together 2002 first recruiting class, a six-week project after his hiring, had 12 never-before-signed players. Of that group, two never reported to camp last fall, and the other 10 are still a part of the program one year later.

Of Bustle’s 2003 spring signee class, only three out of 31 (several counting against the previous year’s maximum numbers) are not currently in fall drills. Chad Beck decided on baseball and is currently in a junior college program in that sport, and Port Barre product Abdule Levier is still recovering from a major knee injury suffered in spring track season and is expected to enroll this spring so as not to lose a year of eligibility. Only one of the 31,Paul Eli, was an academic victim.

Guru, with Blappert moving to TE, what do you think the starting D line will look like?

UL Football

I got there late today Eric, but Kendrick Haynes is the man. I also like Benson, I have yet to see him in full pads. Alot of players wearing green jerseys today, most of them were Offensive-lineman. I look forward to Saturday's scrimmage to see some of these guys play more reps. I think the rotation is going to be Taylor,Haynes and Benson for sure. But they need to find a few more DL for the travel squad. Remember after the spring game, I stated that I thought Blappert played to high to stay at DT. I have to admit that I thought he would be moved to DE. Alot of positions still open until the first game.

I have made it to about 3 practices and have not noticed Ferguson or Cutler (the 2 freshman), could their good play have been part of the reason for this move? or is Williams probably the 4th DT? I think he has switched to #50

Page 26 of 98 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread Information