Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

1. Default

Originally posted by RedBug58
    I think we'll go 6-5 with a surprise win infront of a large crowd in the opener vs La Tech. (Tech fans go home happy though because they were able to get some good food and buy some booze in Lafayette)
    (the smiles indicate the Tech fans going home with booze)
    LOL
    . . . at the go home happy part not the win. I like the win.

WOW!! Three straight home games, then three straight road games to end the season!?! MAN, that's going to be BRUTAL!!!!

Louisiana

Jack, what I posted above is a little misleading the whole schedule is not in order yet. Only the first 4

08/30 @ USC
    09/06 LaTech
    09/13 @ Idaho
    09/20 @ Minnesota

are fairly certain. The rest I do not know about they just happen to be put in that order. I will update this as soon as I hear some more dates.

Ragin' Cajuns

Well, I guess I can breathe a LITTLE sigh right now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

UL Football Next year's defense?

What type of defense will the Cajuns run next year? Will the Jucos that Bustle is bringing in probably start or will they be there primarily for depth? Will any of the freshman that redshirted crack the two deeps?

6. UL Football defense

Bustle will stick with the 8 man front, just like Va Tech runs. What you see, offense, defense and special teams will be just what Va Tech does. Bustle will recruit players to fit these systems. Speed is an emphasis everywhere over size. Athletic QBs are needed. There's no reason to bring in a JUCO player if they can't contribute immediately in some way.

7. UL Football 2003 Football Schedule

Aug 30 @South Carolina
    Sep 6 Louisiana Tech**
    Sep 13 Houston
    Sep 20 @Minnesota
    Sep 27 @North Texas*
    Oct 4 @Oklahoma State
    Oct 11 ULM*
    Oct 18 New Mexico State*
    Oct 25 Idaho*
    Nov 1 @Southern Miss
    Nov 8 Florida International**
    Nov 15 @Middle Tennessee State*

* conference game
    ** designated conference game

I would be lying if I didn't say that schedule is scary, how many of those teams met the NCAA requirements to go to bowl games? I think I see 4

UL Football

I'm going to go out on limb and say that we're going to go 7-5 next yearIt was just a vision that I had after the third beer last night.

10. Default

How is Tech considered a "designated conference game"

11. UL Football Conference Games

All Sun Belt Conference teams will not play each other next year, so each team is assigned a "designated conference game". The scheduling problem is due to Utah State entering the conference next year. Every team in the Sun Belt already had schedules somewhat arranged, as did Utah State. The scheduling problems created a need for every team to have at least 6 conference games, so the "designated conference game" was created. It is just that, a game that is designated as a conference game even though the opponent is not a member of the conference. These games will appear on every Sun Belt conference school schedule. Middle Tennessee will play Temple as their designated conference game. We also will not have to play Arkansas State next year. The schedule will sort itself out in years to come when the teams get their scheduling coordinated.

Great update Ragoo. I am suprised by FIU being on the schedule giving us a 6th home game. That is great! I hate that 3 game road trip

Sep 20 @Minnesota
    Sep 27 @North Texas
    Oct 4 @Oklahoma State

That will be rough, all three bowl teams.

Overall, I like the schedule.

Ragin' Cajuns WHAT!?!

"Nov 8 Florida International**"

Where did THIS come from?? And how are we getting a second straight home game against Idaho?? Oh yeah, what happened to USU:confused: I don't mean to be suspicious, but none of the above makes any sense.

14. UL Football So little faith

That's the schedule. If you don't believe it, that's fine. You think maybe the big ragoo is pulling your leg or something. You're a "Doubting Thomas, proofs in the pudding, don't count your chickens until they hatch" kinda guy. The big ragoo can respect that. The big ragoo doesn't want to be known as a "I told you so" type guy, so I'll try to give you another explanation. If this doesn't work, we'll just have to sit back until they release the schedule.

It will be reshuffled again next year to ensure that the conference games work out correctly. That could mean that we play Idaho at home 3 years in a row, or go to Middle Tennessee 3 years in a row. It doesn't make sense, but that's what has to happen when you add another member to the conference with no 2-3 year plan or notification. Most teams already have nonconference games ($$$$$$$) set up that they cannot get out of, so you have to work around it. We've got contracts with Houston, Minnesota, Oklahoma State and Southern Miss that we can't get out of due to financial reasons. Everyone in our conference is faced with the same thing. Florida International will probably be in our conference in 2 years anyway.

Ciao

15. Default

the big ragoo has me sold.

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information