Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst . 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1465

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

He said he hopes to be selected for an all-star game and mentioned nothing of showcasing his talents (though that is clearly a benefit that he must be interested in). He said he wants to put on his Ragin Cajun helmet again. That's just outstanding. I can't find the words. This sounds like a guy that will always support and be involved with this program. He even recognized the importance of that win against MTSU. Clearly cares about the future of the program and the men he leaves behind.

You can't have too many people like Fred Stamps in your program! Hope they can find some more just like him. He has the type of attitude and leadership we really need to see continue. I wish that young man all the success in the world. You can bet I'll be following his career and cheering him on no matter which team he ends up on.

Go Fred!!!!
    Geaux Ragin' Cajuns !!!!!

Hah I went looking at this weeks poll no one had as good a week as Stamps.

4. Sunbelt Final rankings

Final Sunbelt rankings

6th in rushing 1398
    5th in total yards 335.5
    5th in passing 2628
    5th in 1st downs 17.9
    4th in 3rd down percentage 37.5
    3rd in 3rd downs made 72
    3rd in 4th down percentage 55.0
    3rd in fewest penalty yards 717
    3rd in scoring 22.2
    2nd in 4th downs made 11
    2nd in fewest penalties 83
    2nd in time of possession 30:40

2nd in the W/L catagory

5. This is Upsetting A Sorry View from the Leesville Daily Leader

Can't run with the big dogs with only two legs

There is a long-standing argument among football fans in Louisiana about where their favorite college football team belongs in the status of collegiate sports.

I'm here to tell you that I have a solution for all the questions that you have pondered all season long.

Although you may disagree with me, I think there should only be three Louisiana universities playing Division I-A football. Those being LSU, Tulane and Louisiana Tech. When it comes to the rest of the colleges, it's time to call 'em like I see 'em.

I am all for getting the big payday when taking a beating from the likes of LSU, Auburn or Miami, but for pete's sake, will Louisiana-Lafayette and Louisiana-Monroe please go back down to Division I-AA where you belong.

Louisiana is not large enough to handle five Division I-A programs, and frankly, neither of those teams has proven it belongs in the big time. In fact, since they have moved up to football highest competitive level, the fans have been robbed of good football games. Who the heck wants to see UL-Lafayette being pounded by mediocre Division I-A teams? I don't.

The rest of the story

By Brian Trahan/Sports Editor

What a goober.

Instead of worrying about how great LSU is, and the McNeese rivalry, maybe he should think about what kind of an alternative UL provides. We give talented kids a shot at playing D-1A football that probably wouldn't be able to make it at a school like LSU that gets blue chippers every recruiting season. And given, we've been more or less pretty bad the past few years, but nobody can take away the strong finish we had this season. Strong enough to finish 2nd in the conference. I know, 2nd place is just 1st place loser, but it's a step up from perenially being at the bottom of the conference. Fact is that UL is getting stronger every season under Bustle. We seem to be off to a good recruiting class right now and, ask me again at this time next offseason, and I'll tell you that I think we're ready to compete with the Tulanes and the Louisiana Techs and even the USMs of college football.

Originally posted by brockmeaux
    What a goober.
    You know it. This clown writes for the Leesville fish wrap. Nuff said.

The W's will come under Bustle.

Just praying for the Conference Realignment stars to align the right way.

Ragin' Cajuns

I dont think any comments are needed. The article speaks for itself. The writter cant be serious?

WHAT A MORON!

Ragin' Cajuns

He, himself, believes he is serious, but he is so far off base that his article makes him appear to be someone not in touch with facts. Then again if you worked for a newspaper in Leesville, I guess you could be out of touch with a lot of things. I am always amazed as to how many "experts" that are interested in UL's future. Oh well, the Christmas season is upon us, and I should worry about some hack in Leesville?

WTF is leesville anyway? Not important enough to go to mapquest. Nuff said.

11. UL Football Stamps, Comiskey, Floyd named All-Sun Belt honors

LOUISIANA La. — Record-setting Louisiana wide receiver Fred Stamps was a unanimous selection on the 2003 All-Sun Belt Conference Football Team announced Tuesday by the league.

Stamps was one of three Ragin’ Cajun players named to the first team, joined by senior defensive end Antonio Floyd and sophomore place kicker Sean Comiskey, while senior offensive lineman D’Anthony Batiste and junior defensive back C.C. Brown were second-team choices.

Louisiana has had five players named to the all-conference team in each season of Sun Belt play, for a total of 15 honorees.

“These players had a big hand in us finishing second in the Sun Belt Conference,” coach Rickey Bustle said. “Each was a difference maker for our team and I’m glad they were recognized for it. They deserve it.”

Stamps, a repeat first-team selection on the SBC team, finished second in school history in receptions (180) and in yards (2,789) and third in touchdowns with 19. He recorded receiving games of 13-201-3 and 8-198-2, both in SBC play.

The 200-yard performance came in the season finale, a wild 57-51, 4-overtime victory at Middle Tennessee.

Stamps had three or more catches in 11 games, ending his career with a receiving streak of 44 consecutive games, the fourth best streak in the nation. The New Orleans native ranked second in SBC play with 94.6 yards per game and 5.9 catches per game.

Floyd, who led the Cajuns with 10 tackles for loss, four sacks and three fumble recoveries, is the first Cajun defensive lineman to earn first-team SBC honors. Walter Sampson was named to the second team last season.

Floyd notched at least two tackles in every game, adding 34 tackles and a forced fumble. He had 9.5 tackles for loss and four sacks in SBC play, both of which rank in the top five in the conference.

Comiskey is the youngest Cajun to be named All-Sun Belt. He was a perfect 10-10 on field goals in SBC play and accumulated the most scoring points by any SBC kicker (53).

The rest of the story

12. UL Football The BCS

It is painfully obvious to me that the BCS has nothing to do with finding the best team in the country. It is however good at finding the team that had the best overall season.

That is why I think B.C.S. stands for Best Collegiate Season

ps The Best Collegiate Season does not tell you how good a team is at crunch time. Crunch time is the end of the season.

Its not perfect but I like the BCS, why not give the title to the team with the best season.

Default Rickey Bustle on radio Friday the 12th

Rickey will be on the Sportsnote Friday (12th) He will be there to talk past, present, and future as it pertains to his football program and to take your questions

9:05 - 10:00 on ESPN1420
    call in number to program 800-264-5735

15. Default

Great can't wait.

Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst . 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 LastLast

Thread Information