Page 8 of 98 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

1. Default

What time tommorow?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I believe 12:30?????

Z.

Default Saturday's Scrimmage

Just wondering if anyone went to the scrimmage Saturday. I'm over here in Houston, and I've been trying to find out some information about how it went. But I guess nobody showed up, or it wasn't very good since no posts have been put up. Just trying to stay up to date.

UL Football

It was really cold, but the kids played hard. The defense played well and Babb looked sharp at QB. Stamps was Stamps and that's great! The team gets better by the week.

5. UL Football upcoming spring game week

I am interested in the activities surrounding the spring game next week. Is picture day the same as it is in August with all the players getting their pictures made or what? What are the pre-game activities prior to the cajun bowl and is there a dinner afterwards for the boys. Any information would be helpful

6. Default Louisiana's offense impressive in practice

LAFAYETTE -- The University of Louisiana had a short Wednesday practice in preparation for Saturday's scrimmage at Cajun Field, according to a news release from the school.

The scrimmage will be the Cajuns second in eight days and is is set to start at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday's light practice lasted 90 minutes.

"The offense did well," Louisiana running backs coach Brian Jenkins said. "The offensive line played hard and really opened things up for the running backs. Everyone did a good job in the play-action pass. The line was solid, the running backs picked up the blitz and (quarterback) Jerry Babb delivered the ball. He (Babb) was impressive."

Practice ended with a short goal-line scrimmage. Louisiana ran 17 goal-line plays (inside 6 yards), but did not score as many times as Jenkins said that they should have.

Jenkins also complimented Louisiana's young group of tailbacks that includes second-year backs Dwight Lindon and Chester Johnson and two newcomers, Ross Rix and Josh Harrison. Rix is a former Christian Life Academy player.

The source of the story

Advocate
    Editor's note: Information compiled from university news releases.

7. Default Cajuns continue preparing for Saturday

LAFAYETTE — Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns enjoyed a short practice on Wednesday in preparation for Saturday’s scrimmage at Cajun Field.

The scrimmage, Louisiana’s second in eight days, is set to start at 12:30 p.m.

Wednesday’s light practice went for just 10 periods and 90 minutes. The first five periods were individual position drills on the practice field.

The team moved to Cajun Field for the final five periods of more competitive exercises.

“The offense did well,” said Cajuns running backs coach Brian Jenkins. “The offensive line played hard and really opened things up for the running backs.”

Two pass skill drills started the work at Cajun Field. The second pass skill drill was held in the red zone. While the rest of the team worked on pass skill, the offensive and defensive lines worked against one another in pass rush situations.

The rest of the story

South Louisiana Publishing

8. UL Football Rain Forces Cajuns Inside

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns were rained in on Monday, as the team practiced inside at Bourgeois Hall on Louisiana's campus.

The Cajuns spent approximately one hour and forty minutes on the hardwood, working over ten periods.

“It was a good work day inside,” said Cajuns defensive line coach Shawn Quinn. “We had a chance to catch-up and go over what are going to run for Wednesday’s scrimmage.”

Louisiana walked through mostly individual drills for the first half of practice. The team then spent twenty minutes on pass skel work, including two minute drills and goal line pass sets.

In the last half hour, the Cajuns worked on kicking formations in between offense versus defense in run play action and two minute drills.

“It’s been a good spring to get back to basics that we need know in order to play in an eight-man front defense,” added Quinn. “The players have a much better understanding of the defense than they did last year.”

On Wednesday, Louisiana will scrimmage at Cajun Field beginning at 4pm. The team will wrap-up spring ball on Saturday with the annual Spring Game at noon.

LOUISIANA SI

With Tillman going to the pros do you think opponents will try to pass on us first and then run?

Default Cajun QB and Head Coach (spim)

hey all spim my new word for spam (smiles)

here is your chance to ask either Jerry Baab or Rickey Bustle anything you want

Thursday morning, the 10th (just 2 days before spring game) 1st Jerry, then Rickey will be on the SportsnoteESPN 1420 out of Lafayettefrom 9-10

-- anyone outside the listening area the Sportsnote is now "streamed" via the internet to get the show from here easiest thing to do is scroll up top the the media button and hit the KPEL (espn1420) pop-up
    or can visit either http://www.espn1420.com or http://sportsnote.com (where one can always hopefully find a up to date guest list)

ps. guessing if you are really shy one could post any questions in here and i'll make sure the host see them

pss. don't forget the Spring game will also be ESPN 1420 and the web also Saturday the 12th Starts at noon

Default SWEET!

Thanks Snote, that's really helpful for us fans who are really out of the area, ie Iowa! Does anyone have a recent two deep depth chart handy? If possible, could you include the current weights of the players. Thanks in advance.

Making a note Bustle & Babb tomorrow.

ps I thought this was a no spim zone.

13. Default

Good Sheaux

Jerry Babb comes across as a very nice kid and he sounds like he really knows the offense but he suffers from the same thing most good kids from south Louisiana suffer from. That is sounding confident and quarterbacks need to sound confident. Aron Brooks and Bustles Michael Vick do not have this problem they sound much to confident. Jake Delhomme had the same problem as Jery, but from what I read in his Carolina interviews he now sounds confident. Jery did sound confident about football but he didn't come across as confident on any of the other questions. He needs to anser the silly questions quicker and not be afraid if he sounds stupid. I don't know what I'm trying to say but he needs more swager off the field. Acting classes instead of music might be what he needs.

UL Football Who will be a the game Saturday?

Vermilion & White game, our last football fix until August, I can't wait! I did not get to as many practices as I had hoped but I will be there Saturday. Hope to see alot of you there.

Page 8 of 98 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information