Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 77 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1465

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

I knew there was a reason Redbug was hanging around near the railing. Well and it wasnt raining so you could get out from under you nice overed seats.

Its good to see the players making a positive impact on the community.

I expect to see Kemmie filling Fred Stamps shoes next year.

Our average attendance this year was below 14,000. Hopefully we will not be forced to move to 1AA.

Another good recruiting class & a positive start to next year could turn things around in the fans eyes.

RC70, Don;t sweat what some people say about UL.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

4. UL Football Cajun seniors enjoy victory in home finale

LOUISIANA La. — Not all of them are starters.

Some are role players.

But all 23 Louisiana seniors finished their home careers in style last Saturday at Cajun Field in a 43-10 victory over Florida International.

Wide receiver Fred Stamps will be remembered as one of the finest receivers in UL Lafayette history, while punter Grant Autrey’s numbers also have him ranked highly.

Injured quarterback Eric Rekieta is in the Ragin’ Cajun record books.

Linebacker Ross Brupbacher has made the most of an extra year of eligibility after graduating last spring, while fellow Lafayette High grad Ricky Calais has done the same thing.

Defensive ends Derace James and Antonio Floyd both came up with big plays in their home finales.

It was a satisfying evening for a hard-luck group that has helped coach Rickey Bustle’s transition period at UL.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

5. UL Football Cajuns Eye Big Finish

LOUISIANA La. -- The University of Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns may not finish the 2003 season with a winning record, but with a victory this week against Sun Belt Conference rival Middle Tennessee, they can do something no ULL team has done since 1996 -- win at least four games.

The Cajuns, who lost their first seven games of the season, defeated Division I-AA upstart Florida International, 43-10, on Saturday for their third victory in their last four games (the first time they've won three straight at Cajun Field since 1995).

In doing so, they put themselves in a position to close out a disappointing season on a positive note.

"We needed this win, we got the win, we got it in a good way and I really pleased for our football team," said ULL coach Rickey Bustle, whose team rolled to a 36-7 halftime lead against the Golden Panthers. "The thing I would really like to see happen now is us have a great week of practice and go to Middle Tennessee and have a chance to have won four out of the last five. That would be a testimony to our football team, our coaches and our seniors. It's been a long season for us.

"I'm going to ask everyone for one more week."

The rest of the story

By GLENN QUEBEDEAUX
    Special to The Advocate

don't let that D1AA talk bother you, "IT WANT HAPPEN." you guys just continue to work hard you do have supporters cheering you guys on. "GEAUX CAJUNS" fight on to victory, good luck saturday. and remember those who are talking about that, are those who are hoping this university fail.....the rest of them are cowards.

Get that 4th W!

A win in the next game against MTSU is going to be huge for the Cajuns. It would give us a winning record in conference and put us winning 4 out of the last 5. Those things would go a long way in recruiting and excitement going into next year for the fans. I know Bustle and the team realize that, and I think they will be ready for the Blue Raiders. I certainly hope so.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

9. Default Ragin

Hey i think the 15,000 attendence starts next year...and i dont think theyd immediately knock you out of D1...id think youd be on some type of monitoring probation...

I dont wanna see U-LaLa in D-1AA...no one cares for that football

10. Default

I couldn't tell. unfortunately I am not the best at the Xs and os. I can't really pick out the zone defenses and such. The men who sit around me usually keep me in touch with who's open, and they only screamed, "Stamps is open!" once during the game. It looked to me as if Jerry was checking off receivers, and Stamps was never really open.

But like I said, I'm not the best at analyzation. That's why I like going to games with my brother. He teaches me a lot, but he's a McNeese traitor...er, graduate, so I can only get his play by play when McNeese is out of town, and he gets his football fix at the Swamp.

11. UL Football Josh Harrison #33

I don't know who she is, but every player should have a fan like her, she has been pushing for Josh Harrison all year.

Attached Images Attached Images  

12. Default Diminutive Harrison getting big results

LOUISIANA La. — The good thing is, Josh Harrison is small enough to hide behind offensive linemen until it’s time to burst through a hole.

The bad news is, he’s so small you might miss him if you’re scouting for running back talent.

Either way, he’s a good fit for UL Lafayette’s backfield.

Harrison became the sixth player this season to lead the Ragin’ Cajuns in rushing in a game when he compiled 63 yards and scored twice in last Saturday’s 43-10 victory over Florida International.

“Technically,” Harrison said, “I’m 5-7 (his program height). Honestly, I’m 5-5.”

Despite those diminutive dimensions, Harrison came to the Cajuns with solid credentials from Copperas Cove, Texas. He rushed for 3,583 career yards, including 1,915 and 21 touchdowns as a senior, and had a 301-yard effort in a state playoff game.

“You look at the program he comes from, and he comes from a winner,” said Cajun coach Rickey Bustle, who just this past year sent Copperas Cove product Charles Tillman to the NFL as a cornerback.

“His grades were in order, and you look at his film and you see someone who could play. We tried to make a receiver out of him last year, but he’s a lot more comfortable with the ball in his hands.

“With someone is his size, you wonder if he can take on that linebacker. Josh will stick his nose right in there, and he’ll usually have leverage on him.”

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

Yikes who is the face over her left shoulder?

Default Greetings from Murfreesboro!

Looking forward to this weeks contest and our guests.
    Let us know if we can assist you with details re: accomodations, tailgating, directions, etc.

15. Default

Thanks BLUEBUCKEYE I wish I could make it. I am sure some will use your offer as the week progresses.

Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 77 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 97 ... LastLast

Thread Information