Page 34 of 98 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

Joseph Hadnot, LB, 5-10, 195, Lufkin, Texas-Lufkin

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hang in there Zat!!!

The entire UL family wishes you a speedy recovery!

Z.

"Oh, believe mewe are ready for football. To be quite honest, we feel pretty comfortable about our game with you guys. Your offense is way down and ours is about to let loose. Most USC fans are concentrating on our second and third games with UVA and UGA. These games will determine what kind of season we will have."

A loss to a team that you overlooked will also determine what kind of season you will have. I doubt Lou shares you sentiment, but I hope the players do.

4. UL Football Practice upsets Bustle

LOUISIANA La. — Surely the first day of classes couldn’t have been that traumatic.

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns returned to practice on Tuesday after taking a day off to get settled into classes for the fall semester, and turned in a flat effort.

“This was the first day where I don’t think we got anything done,” coach Rickey Bustle said. “They gave in to a little heat today. There were some good parts in the middle, but it wasn’t a good day.”

The Cajuns have 10 days to go before visiting SEC member South Carolina for their season opener, and Tuesday did not inspire confidence.

“We’ll latch on to them tomorrow and see if we can pick it back up,” Bustle said.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

UL Football Practice Reports

With work getting in the way of fun most of the time, I know most of us can not make as many practices as we would like. I found this over on ragincajuns.com and thought it would help

Practice Reports

6. UL Football In search of a spark

Johnson, Stamps score lone TDs in Cajuns’ scrimmage.

LAFAYETTE — Give Chester Johnson a sliver of daylight, and he knows what to do with it.

Give Fred Stamps an inch, and he’ll take a mile.

Johnson and Stamps scored the only touchdowns of the day Wednesday at Cajun Field as Louisiana staged its third full-scale scrimmage of preseason drills, a 67-play exercise that left coach Rickey Bustle still looking for a spark.

“I didn’t think the emotion was there,” Bustle said. “I know they played hard, but we were still missing that little something extra we’ve had.

“I’ll give them the benefit of a doubt; maybe we’re ready to look at South Carolina now.”

“We are tired, and I thought we came out a little slow today,” said Johnson, easily the offensive highlight of the day with 63 yards rushing on just four attempts including a 35-yard touchdown gallop.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

7. Default

Cajuns looking for emotion

LOUISIANA La. -- Louisiana'a Ragin Cajuns tried to make their scrimmage as much like a game as possible Wednesday, but a key ingredient was missing.

"I didn't think the emotion was there," coach Rickey Bustle said. "It was almost silent.

"I watched them play hard and I know they played hard, but we're still missing a little something extra."

The Cajuns notched two touchdowns on offense. The first coming via a 33-yard run by Chester Johnson. Later, Eric Rekieta connected on a 16-yard touchdown pass to Fred Stamps.

The Cajuns will practice at 3:45 p.m. today as well as Friday and Saturday.

"We need to use the next two days to get back on our feet," Bustle said. "They practiced like they were a little bit tired and maybe they are. We have five more hard work days and we need to get the maximum out of them."

The source of the story

Good to see one of the backs (Johnson) have a good day. Maybe the offense is coming together.

9. UL Football Hurry up you Cajuns!

It's time for some football! Don't forget to bring some good lookin' bayou babes, a crate of boudain and some ear plugs. Our boys will meet yours at the 50!

Another good forum to visit is www.allsportstalk.com.

You do have to register to view/make posts, but it takes only a few minutes. Believe me, there is much discussion about the ULL game on this forum. Most of it has to do with the unusually large Vegas line (USC by 24) in this one. I don't think that we'll win by 24 but I don't see 14-17 as being out of the question.

USC fans are as ready for this game as any first game in our history, if for no other reason than to put the 5-game slide from the end of last season behind us.

Ragin' Cajuns

"good lookin' bayou babes"

Reminds of the menus here in Texas: "Cajun Jambalaya"
    Is there a Jambalaya that's not Cajun? Are there bayou babes that aren't good looking? OK, maybe there are a few.

Thanks for the link rodicus.

RaginRoostah, that is a great name

14. Default

Don't think our offense is down. It was down last year but we changed QB's for our last two games last year and it started to increase, especially the last game.

We average 6'5" 315lbs across the O-line. Our QB is a RS junior who can throw the ball on a laser 75 yards and can run as well. He goes about 6-2, 245lbs. We have what many call the fastes reciever in the SEC in Troy Williamson. He averaged over 18 yards a catch last year. We sign the #1 running back in the country last year in Demetris "Meat" Summers but probably will not start because the incumbent Kenny Irons is a real good running back.

We have more talent on this team than any other team in our 100+ years of playing football. This past recruiting class was ranked in the top 10 (The qb class was ranked #1) in the country and the one before was ranked in the top 15.

I really like your head coach but I think the talent level is going to make a difference, especially in the 2nd half because of our depth.

At worst I expect at least 35 pts from our offense.

Should be fun.

15. Default

Originally posted by AustinCajun
    interesting. i went to cockcentral awhile back and again today after reading your post. i dont think they realize that they have a game in two weeks. surely they know who we are after thumping them in the super regional.
    Going back several years on that one aren't you?

We have not forgotten that believe me. We want Coach Tanner to get you guys back on our schedule. We owe you.

We were in the CWS last year and the year before we lost in the National Championship game.

Page 34 of 98 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread Information