Page 24 of 98 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

I think Rekita will be our starter eventualy. He is more mature at the position, has a stronger arm and has the experience. The kid fell behind over surgery but has made it back .I think Babb is a good QB and is more of an athelte but I dont think he is going to be ready. Sometimes he's accrucy scares me. He just needs more time. Dont get me wrong I hope he does get it done but it will have to be within 3 weeks when we open up to SC. Mabye Im wrong but I honestly think Rekita will soon be under center as the starter. There is no doubt in my mind. Go Cajuns!!

More new names & numbers

#11 Antoine Spann
    #58 Mark Risher
    #90 Travis Bass
    #99 George Benson
    #48 Chad Beck (also worn by Justin Venable)

UL Football

More new names & numbers

#11 Antoine Spann
    #58 Mark Risher
    #90 Travis Bass
    #99 George Benson

SwampFox, I must have missed you at the fan day. I did get there kind of late with my daughter, but we enjoyed it. Also, #48 is not Chad Beck. He is at a JC in Texas. Someone told him he was going to be a good baseball player.

Originally posted by CAJUNGURU
    More new names & numbers

#11 Antoine Spann
    #58 Mark Risher
    #90 Travis Bass
    #99 George Benson

SwampFox, I must have missed you at the fan day. I did get there kind of late with my daughter, but we enjoyed it. Also, #48 is not Chad Beck. He is at a JC in Texas. Someone told him he was going to be a good baseball player.
    Thanks for the correction, saw a #48 working with the TE's and thought it was Beck. I had a great time at fan day my kids loved it. I will post pictures this Saturday. Sorry I missed you. Did see Crawfish at a distance but lost him trying to keep up with my son getting autographs. Did talk to RWCajun who son missed practice and Fan Day due to illness. Hope he gets better soon.

a couple of more

#86 Jordan Jackson
    #17 C.C. Brown

a "welcome to the swamp" intro that gets the crowd fired up. a "feel good" player intro as the guys enter the field. something like carrying the tradition and effort of the men before them or some such with memorable plays from standouts like mitchell, delhomme, stokley, mason, thomas etc or even further back if video is available. just brainstorming. and obviously things that others have mentioned like scores from other games etc. i'm really glad to hear that there will be monitors in the concourse soon. i missed a pivotal play vs ASU while getting a coke. nothing like driving 7 hours for a ballgame and missing THE play.

7. Default DAY 6

Hands came through in Saturday workouts

August 9, 2003
    Saturday was a pretty good day for us. We had some success during practice with the reason that tickets are sold. We hit the deep ball pretty well today.

Kemmie Lewis got the ball rolling, for us first. Then it was like a domino effect, B.J. Crist got in the mix and caught a long bomb from Jerry Babb.

Then Bill Sampy got into the act, and made his presence felt at practice. It was an amazing diving catch. Eric Bartel made his usual possession receiver type catches. Fred “Stank” Stamps was up to his usual one-handed acrobatic athletic catches.

The rest Lawrence Johnson's football practice report

8. Default DAY 7

A great chance to meet our fans

August 10, 2003

If you can ever have a day off during two-a-days, it is always Fan Day. Instead of looking at your teammates for another day, you actually get to meet and greet new people. It breaks up the “everyday is the same day” routine you fall in during this time.

It was nice to meet all of the children, who look up to you and want to one day play college football. Kids were calling me Mr. Johnson. That was weird, I am only 20!

It was nice to sign autographs, and be a “neighborhood superstar” for about an hour. I enjoyed meeting everyone who reads what I write. I appreciate it, and my teammates do as well. I especially enjoyed meeting Jerry Babb’s grandmother.

The rest of Lawrence Johnson's football practice report

9. UL Football Derace James has a hand in Cajun offensive woes

LOUISIANA La. — Louisiana’s offense lost its sharpness late in Sunday afternoon’s practice that wrapped up week one of the Ragin’ Cajuns’ preseason football camp.

Head coach Rickey Bustle said the heat had something to do with that.

But Derace James had a hand in those problems, too.

The senior defensive end was on the field for only three plays in a seven-minute offense-vs.-defense period, and personally blew up two of those plays for a Cajun defense that dominated play once again.

“Every time we compete against the offense, our goal is to come out on top,” said defensive coordinator Brent Pry. “We want to play at an extremely high mode when we go against those guys, and our execution and tempo was good again today.”

The rest of the story

10. Default

LOUISIANA La. - Louisiana worked out for two hours Sunday, then participated in Fan Day.

Cajuns coach Rickey Bustle stopped practice to chastise the offense as the session ended.

"The guys did some good things and were sharp until the end of practice," said Cajuns running backs coach Brian Jenkins. "The players tried to cruise it in and were sloppy.

"We want to be a winning team, and in order to win you must be just as strong at the ending as you are at the beginning."

The source of the story
    advocate

UL Football Team Hotel?

Does anyone know what the team hotel will be in Columbia?

I thought it happened in practice.

Originally posted by OldBullDog
    "The following year, Venable again ended his season early after suffering a broken jaw against Southern Mississippi."

That's not right is it?
    I think CDEB is right, and if I recall one of Baldwin's boys cold cocked him helmet to jaw long after a practice play was over.

Guess not :confused:

Originally posted by Chuck
    I think CDEB is right, and if I recall one of Baldwin's boys cold cocked him helmet to jaw long after a practice play was over.
    That's what I thought also, but I wasn't going to say it

In fact, I THINK it was Trikeith Miller, but I'm not sure.

Page 24 of 98 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread Information