Page 23 of 98 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

"The following year, Venable again ended his season early after suffering a broken jaw against Southern Mississippi."

That's not right is it?

UL Football

Just a quick note from this afternoon's practice.

Reiketa got several reps. today in the skeleton (7 on 7) drills and he made good use of his time. He was on fire throwing the ball. Who was he throwing to? Mostly # 2, the ball vacuum! In the scrimmage type drills Babb again got most of the reps. He has a really nice long pass play to (surprise) # 2. The running back corps really looked good today. There are several players who could start, but I still believe it will be "running back by committee." In this case that might not be such a bad thing, as several players have unique strengths that could help in different ways. The punting games looks to be in pretty good shape this year. There were several nice punts today of 40+ yards. It was good to see Swampfox, and Zee among other friends at today's practice. I plan on going out again tomorrow afternoon.

UL Football Crawfish Report

DO YOU THINK BABB HAS AN EDGE ON REKITA? FROM WHAT I SEE AT PRACTICE BABB HAS THE EDGE, BUT I THINK REKITA HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN. I WATCHED THE PUNTERS AT PRACTICES AND IT LOOKS LIKE #16 HAS THE STRONGER LEG. IS HE A FRESHMAN. EVERY TIME HE PUNTED IT WAS A FAIR CATCH. WHERE DID HE COME FROM?

4. Default

Last year at UNC Chapel Hill the whole marketing campaign for ticket sales was wraped around "Answer the Bell" (famous campus landmark), between the 3rd and 4th quarters the PA blasted away with AC/DC's "Hell's Bells"Place goes nuts! Like the idea of "Born on the Bayou" or some such song and have long thought that playing some sort of cajun music before or during game would add something to the whole experience. REally, anything but the 2001 Space Odessey theme would work. BTW is the petting zoo a go for this year?

"We asking fans for input on the content of the board More replaysmore scores. I Like. I Hate. good or bad we want to know. Our goal is to entertain you, the fans of Cajun Field."

Replays. that's it.
    Graphics instead of replays are very annoying.
    I dig intros and I like headshots. but we need replays. especially on controversial calls like they do in pro stadiums [not the superdome. they are the worst ever]

6. Default Re: Crawfish Report

Originally posted by cajun037
    Do you think Babb has an edge on Rekita? From what i see at practice Babb has the edge, but i think Rekita has what it takes to win. I watched the punters at practices and it looks like #16 has the stronger leg. Is he a freshman. Every time he punted it was a fair catch. Where did he come from?
    Isn't the Crawfish Report cool? I'm not he, but I though I might chime in.

#16 huh? With over 100 players out there some of those numbers are duplicated right now. I was thinking #16 was new quarterback Ross Corcoran. Perhaps he is one in the same and punts as well.

I agree with your assessment on Babb and Rekieta.

I think Rekieta has the better arm, more experience, and a game day rise to the occasion mentality. A question I heard brought up at practice and now have as well is this; how long does it really take to come back from Tommy John Surgery?

I believe you are right that Ross Corcoran is #16.

Other new faces

#10 Devin Williams
    #81 Jarvis Murchisson
    #70 Zach Leger
    #78 Adrian Limbrick
    # 5 Ken Haynes
    #33 Mike Adams (#33 is also worn by RS-Fr RB Josh Harrison)

Will try to figure out some more today.

8. Default Ross's playing days are not over yet

Brupbacher’s career extended by NCAA medical hardship rule

LOUISIANA La. — When the stabbing pain in his right leg finally relented a little, Ross Brupbacher thought about his football career.

More specifically, he thought about the end of it, figuring it had just happened.

The U-Louisiana senior linebacker was on the sidelines at Houston’s Robertson Stadium, his right fibula broken just above the ankle during the third game of the 2002 Ragin’ Cajun season.

“When they told me it was fractured, the first thing I thought of was that was it,” said the ex-Lafayette High standout. “I thought my career was over.

“I didn’t know much about the rule.”

“The rule” was the NCAA’s medical hardship rule, which allows players who become injured in the first half of a season and who have played in only a small percentage of a season’s games to apply for an additional year of eligibility.

It’s not automatic and it isn’t always granted, and Brupbacher had already used his redshirt year in 1998.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@lafayette.gannett.com

Sanchez, went to practice yesterday confused Jamal Smith (#26) for Jamaal Sanders (#23) and only realized it this morning. Will look for Sanders today.

Cajun 37 Asked: "DO YOU THINK BABB HAS AN EDGE ON REKITA?"

At this time I would say yes, because Babb continues to get the lions share of reps and I think it is his job to lose. Both QBs have strengths and I think we will see both guys on the field this year. Both guys are team leaders. IMHO, Babb has the best abiity to scramble and "make something out of nothing" and Eric seems to have the edge in terms of passing ability. Having said that, I don't want to be misunderstood, because I have seen a lot of improvement in Babbs passes since he came here last year and Eric is fairly mobile as well, so I guess right now the two things that babb has going for him are: a). he was there in the spring, and b). He may be the QB of the future. By the same token, Eric's Senior leadership is a valuble asset also. Anyway, I could debate this QB all day, but in the end I think whoever starts will do a good job for the Cajuns. Right now if were to guess, I'd say it would be Babb.

I THOUGHT ROSS CORCORAN WASN'T IN LAFAYETTE YET. MAYBE I'M WRONG BUT I THOUGHT THE STORY ON HIM IN THE TRIBUNE SAID HE WASN'T GOING TO REPORT IN UNTIL THE 12th or 13th. I THINK #16 IS A TRANSFER PUNTER.

I sure love the UL bush in the end zone without the manure pile underneath.

Default Re: The Big Ragoo

I think The Big Ragoo is Ben Theall, who worked at KPEL. He graduated from UL in the Spring Semester and I haven't heard him on the radio for a long time, so my guess is that he moved on.

UL Football Re: Suggestions

Thanks for introducing yourself to us and soliciting our suggestions.

To be honest with you, I would like to see animated pictures tailored to each home opponent. For instance if we play a team called the "Tigers," send a tiger characture crawfish biting his tail halfway across the screen, do inverse video to represent the sting of a crawfish bite, then send the tiger all the way off the screen. Come up with a witty, uniquely Cajun saying, "MAIS, DEM CAJUNS HAVE DEM TIGERS BY THE TAIL."

Right now everything that is cute is essentially a commercial sponsored by somebody. Mix in some fun stuff and the public will watch the scoreboard more.

UL Football

"I THINK #16 IS A TRANSFER PUNTER."

Nope, #16 is indeed Ross Corcoran. Just ask any of the coaches, they are more then willing to speak to anyone on the sideline.

Page 23 of 98 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread Information