Page 21 of 98 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

Plan on going to practice this weekend, will see what I can find out.

Originally posted by RaginRash
    What is the musical theme for the intro for the team this year??
    I vote for Born on the Bayou by CCR

Default Re: The Video Scoreboard at Cajun Field. We want your input!

Originally posted by Grey Goose
    We asking fans for input on the content of the board More replaysmore scores. I Like. I Hate.good or bad we want to know. Our goal is to entertain you, the fans of Cajun Field.
    I would like to see some highlights (if available) of other SBC games that are over or in progress. Also scores from the Top 25 and scores from around the state.

4. UL Football we are not overlooking yall

You all gave Arkansas fits last year.we couldnt even score against them. You came within 3 points of beating NMSUwe had to fight tooth and nail to beat them. You blew out a good UAB teambelieve you me we (or I at least) have a great deal of respect for ____. Ricky Bustle coached here in 94 and we had a great offensive team that year. If any of you are coming up on 8-30, hope you have a good time here and are treated well.

Geaux Cocks

I was hoping you would, Lou Holtz is a champ and I am sorry to hear of his wifes poor health. I will never forget your rags to riches story from a couple years ago. Do you think Skip will end up being your coach in a few years?

Geaux Louisiana

"Born on the Bayou" would be an awesome entrance.

I would also like to hear some clips of cajun music at some moments. I think it would a little spice, don't know exactly where it would fit though.

7. Default

I have a couple of questions:

8. Which gametime gaps are available for music that won't conflict with band play?
  9. Can a statistical graph be produced on the fly?

A few ideas (* all involve animation):

10. I think I would like to see some sort animation involving the * State of Louisiana as a go between sequence.
  11. How about a first hand account from the footballs point of view *.
  12. How about a face guard view of a Ragin' Cajun traversing a *swamp landscape with the various swamp creatures presenting themselves as obstacles. I would go so far as to have cypress trees as blocker/buffers and the player being able to run over the shallow water. . .

13. UL Football Babb in Battle

Former STM standout fighting for Cajuns starting QB job.

LOUISIANA La. — UL’s Ragin’ Cajuns were greeted by sauna-like conditions on Thursday, but that didn’t stop their snap-by-snap learning process as they take aim at the 2003 season opener at South Carolina.

“It was competitive out here today,” head coach Rickey Bustle said. “We ran a play-action drill early in the practice, and the offense had some success. Then, later, when we ran the third-down drill, the defense shut them down.

“It was good and competitive, on both sides.”

Cajun defenders shut down the offense seven straight times on third-down plays of varying distances, until an offsides call graced the offense with its only success in the exercise.

“We were up 7-0 and had a chance to get a sweep,” defensive coordinator Brent Pry said. “But then we had what I call a critical error, jumping offsides on third-and-four.”

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jerry Babb is getting an up-close look at those challenges as he tries to hold onto the starting job he earned in the spring.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

14. Default DAY 4

Heat begins to bear down on Cajuns

Thursday August 7th
    We are now in the dog days of camp. It will get much harder from here on. Tomorrow, we get somewhat of a day off and we have a media day session. We get to mingle with the press people. That is always fun, I guess.

Today there was more intensity than ever before. The defense came out ready to play again. To me the past few days have been like playing against North Texas three days in a row.

The rest of Lawrence Johnson's Day 4 report

15. Default

I look for Skip to take over as soon as we win the natl championshipof course with our luck in footballLou may have to be as old as Strom Thurmond and Bob Hope put together before that happens=)
    Seriously, I think when Lou thinks he has taken this program as far as it can goor his wife's health worsenshe may step down. I think Skip is the manactually many around here though our DC Charlie Strong was the better candidatebut he bolted to Florida to become their DC. Skip did a great job at DIV 1-AA UConnand I think he will do a good job here

I love these articles!

17. Default

That would absolutely be AWFUL for college football and basketball. The small schools would definitely lose some of their good players to schools that can offer them more TV exposure, etc.

Another thing to consider is that when a coach leaves one school and goes to another, there would be nothing keeping those players from following him. Could you imagine how bad that would be if Clemson not only took Tommy Bowden from Tulane, but also stole a few of their best players? If that is ever allowed to happen, pack it in because college sports would be doomed.

Personally, I think as college baseball continues to grow in popularity that a similar transfer rule could be in its future.

UL Football Current Defensive Depth Chart

Pos. No. Player Class Ht.
    LE 47 Antonio Floyd Sr. 6-1, 237
    55 Derace James Sr. 6-3, 255

RE 40 Eugene Kwarteng So. 6-4, 240
    90 Travis Bass Jr.-JC 6-1, 240

LT 93 Darryl Blappert Jr.-JC 6-7, 275
    99 Shawn Williams Sr. 6-1, 313

RT 63 Daniel Taylor Sr. 6-1, 283
    5 Kendrick Haynes Jr.-JC 6-4, 285

LB 4 Stanley Smith So. 6-1, 234
    10 Mack Fair or Fr.-RS 6-1, 225

LB 59 Ross Brupbacher Sr. 6-1, 231
    32 Tyler Norman So.-RS 6-2, 210

S 27 Patrick Lamy Sr. 5-10, 195
    Whip 36 Wes Simon Fr.-RS 6-0, 200

S 26 Jamal Smith Sr. 5-10, 195
    Rover C.C. Brown Jr.-JC 6-2, 205

S 31 David Prater Jr.-RS 5-11, 205
    Free 3 Wendall Williams Jr. 6-2, 215

LCB 20 Terryl Fenton So. 6-1, 200
    Antwain Spann Jr.-JC 6-0, 185

RCB 34 Jerrell Carter Jr. 5-8, 185
    29 Ricky Thomas Jr.-JC 6-0, 190

Look for battles to continue until the first game. Surprises so far, Haynes(strong),C.C.Brown(athlete), Bass(first two steps) and Spann(smooth).

How about a pepper pile on. One pepper jumps on the pile for every point scored.

Cool!!! You getting me ready for the season. Does Justin have a chance?

Page 21 of 98 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread Information