Page 20 of 98 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

1. Default DAY 2

Drills starting to speed up

Tuesday August 5th
    Day 2 is in the books. It was yet another long day. Even though it was a long day, the weather was not as much of a factor as it was the other day. There is nothing better for us to be on the field practicing, and look up and see the sun covered by many gray clouds. The hot summers of Louisiana need a few more days like today.

Even though we were only in shorts and helmets, the intensity picked up quite a bit. Teaching and installation quickly turned into game speed non-contact drills. Anyone who was not awake for practice today, quickly woke up when the drills got faster and more intense. Everyone, including myself, is trying to compete for a spot on the varsity and trying to complement the team as much as possible.

The rest of the story

Originally posted by RedBug58
    What's going on with the old scoreboard. Is it just there for advertisements, or can it do something???:confused: :confused: :confused:
    I think they are trying to fix it up to run messages across it (which is why they left the scrolling message screen intact).

3. Default Cajun Field Scoreboard

Louisiana has BEST Season      since 1996                    

Since this picture was taken the SGA has done some painting around the tunnel.
    PS do me a favor and hit "F5" on your keyboard.

I am getting so stoked for football season! These articles are great!

5. UL Football

I, for one, like the articles, LJ"s efforts. I feel certain he has to push himself, after a "fun day" on the practice field, to meet the paper deadline. I t shows me that he has character and handles responsibility.

If he was already getting noticed, would there be a reason to leave?

7. Default DAY 3

Cajuns overcome heat

Wednesday August 6th
    It was so hot outside today, we were all drenched in sweat by period 4. Period 4 is nowhere near the end of practice. It seemed like we were outside in the 105-degree heat index all day. It was sweltering. But even though it was that hot, we still got some good work in.

On both sides of the ball, I think the players who went through the spring successfully retained knowledge of the plays very well. People know exactly where to go, and when to do it on the field.

The rest of the story

8. Default Defense sets tone

Cajuns’ unit eager to work during first day of full pads.

LOUISIANA La. — There’s no question in Rickey Bustle’s mind about which of the UL Lafayette units was ready to put on pads Wednesday.

“The defense came out there with their motor running,” said the Cajuns’ football boss after Wednesday’s two-hour and 20-minute workout. “They came over and set the tempo in a big way.”

The Cajun squad, in its third day of preseason drills, donned shoulder pads for the first time since reporting to camp Sunday. As per NCAA regulations, the squad will work out once more in shoulder pads and shorts today before going in full gear for the first time Friday.

The squad got a chance to work offense-vs.-defense in a contact drill for the first time since spring practice ended, and did that during two late-practice periods Wednesday.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@lafayette.gannett.com

Man, it's good to see GW R u d i c k is back in action after a life-threatening injury against Idaho last year.

10. I have a Question How is Jamaal Sanders doing

He attended New Mexico Military Institute and now Louisiana-Lafayette. Do anyone have information on how his practices are going?

This is so COOL

good to see this young man writing in the paper. maybe the time p. will hire him and we get a story or two.:o

12. Default series lawrence johnson's practice

I enjoy these articles by Lawrence. His writing style enables "easy reading". He really creates a vivid picture of the practice from the inside. I hope he continues his work during and through the season.

K

13. UL Football how bout that D

I cant tell you how excited I am about this season as well as this upcoming D. I think we have a good one. Ross is back as well as Smith At ILB. J.Smith at S/S and Both returning Corners. We lost a great ball player Charles Tillman who signed with the bears but I can say that the position is being handled well by David Prater. Our D line will do fine as well with returning starters and more depth this year. Man we are looking good Anyone been to any practices?? How is the O looking ? any standouts on either side of the ball? Go Cajuns!

Ragin' Cajuns The Video Scoreboard at Cajun Field. We want your input!

Ragin Cajun Fans

Our company, Channel One Video and Film, Inc. produces the content for the video scoreboard under the guidance of The University of Louisiana Athletic Department.

Channel One, a locally owned company, is honored and proud to be associated with Ragin Cajun Athletics and we are looking forward to a great football season. We are presently, producing the head shots of the team , graphics, animations and content for this upcoming season. We are also presently filming clips for the opening video that proceeds the team’s exit from the tunnel. It promises to be an exciting piece.

We asking fans for input on the content of the board More replaysmore scores. I Like. I Hate. good or bad we want to know. Our goal is to entertain you, the fans of Cajun Field.

Unfortunately, one of the Fans’ favorites “The Subway Pepper Race” was not sponsored for this year, however look for the pepper’s to appear in different situations during the game.

Once again your input is greatly appreciated.

My email address is
    greg@gochannelone.com

Thanks and Always
    GO CAJUNS

The Grey Goose

A rap/music video with Cayenne. With a special guest artist "Dr. A.". Sort of like Dr. Dre' but without all the thug baggage.

More frequent of the really "good" plays even if it is a while after the fact.

I would like to see more scores at appropriate lulls in the action at hand. Maybe more sounds/video clips like they have at Moore Field? Will it work? "Yeah, Baby!"

What is the musical theme for the intro for the team this year??

Page 20 of 98 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread Information