Page 17 of 98 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

Default Re: I want to watch practice

Originally posted by Turbine
    I am anxious to watch Jerry Babb on O and Michael Zatarain on D.

I am ready.
    Dont be so quick to throw out rekieta. Remember, in his 3 games he started I believe he was either 2-1 or 2-2 as a starter, and as much as I wanna see Babb come along, I think Rekieta deserves the chance to start and prove what he can do when not injured. I mean, he started like 4 games less then JVC and doubled JVC's win total on the season. I believe had he finished the Ark. game w/o injury, we would have won, and if he had been healthy, we coulda won the ULM game as well. Im not sayen that Babb cant win the starting job, but I think some people are having to short of a memory when it comes to rekieta.

Tuffguy

2. Sunbelt Sun Belt Arms Race

LAFAYETTE — We all know the quarterback gets too much credit when a team wins, and too much blame when it loses.

Still, that position remains the focal point when football fans begin anticipating a season ahead.

In the Sun Belt Conference, quarterback will be an especially intriguing spot to watch as members try to halt the two-year reign of North Texas atop the league standings.

North Texas and New Mexico State were picked to finish 1-2 again, which is not surprising given the riches each program has at quarterback this season.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

It's getting closer. Having the Saints in town will be a clear-cut though unofficial start to football season.

I was looking at a poll on this site and it seems the locals agree with Phil Steele. I havent voted yet but if Ross Brupacker can anchor the middle this will make the whole defense that much better.

I read just yesterday that Wright Waters wants to be a BCS Athletic Director. I don't remember what school. I agree with him about all the money being left with airlines. Does anyone know when UL first started flying to games?

Well said Tuffguy, I don't care who starts-as long as it it the best QB we have.

WW needs to keep the piehole shut, at least at first while this coalition gets off the ground.

Rash, luv that new avatar.

UL Football Important Dates for 2003 Football Season

July 27, 2003 - Mark your calendars for these important upcoming dates regarding the
    2003 football season for Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns:

Sunday, August 3 - Entire team reports, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Monday, August 4 - First varsity practice, 8 a.m.; First freshmen
    practice, 4 p.m.

Thursday, August 7 - First entire team practice - 4 p.m.

***Friday, August 8 - Photo/Press Day - 10:30 a.m. (Cajun
    Field/Athletics Complex)

***Sunday, August 10 - Fan Day at Cajun Field - 6 p.m.

Wednesday, August 13 - First scrimmage

Sunday, August 17 - End of "two-a-days" and scrimmage 2

Wednesday, August 20 - Scrimmage 3

***Monday, August 25 - First Rickey Bustle Press Luncheon, 12:30 p.m.
    ("S" Club Room of the Athletics Complex)

Saturday, August 30 - Season Opener at South Carolina, 6 p.m. (CDT)

Saturday, September 6 - Home Opener vs. Louisiana Tech, 7 p.m.

UL Sports information Department

Link

UL Football Donde esta "thebigragoo"?

Dude needs to give up some football scoop! Where y'at? :confused:

11. Default Season Tickets 3/4 of 2002 Total

LOUISIANA La. — How excited are Louisiana fans about Rickey Bustle’s second year as Ragin’ Cajun head football coach?

Much of that interest will be gauged by season ticket sales for the six home games at 31,000-seat Cajun Field.

After that, the number of actual filled seats will likely depend on the Cajuns’ success on the field after a 3-9 record in Bustle’s first year.

“We’re right at 75 percent of the total of season tickets we sold last year,” said Kay Dischler, the Cajuns’ assistant athletic director for finance.

“We think it will start to pick up after the Saints game.”

The NFL’s New Orleans Saints will hold their annual Black-Gold Scrimmage at Cajun Field this Saturday, one day before the Cajuns report back to begin their fall drills.

“We just sent out a huge (18,000) mail-out to our alumni and to people in the area,” Dischler added. “We think that will have an impact.”

“I think it will grow as we get closer and people feel the energy of football,” said Eric Maron of the school’s marketing and promotions department. “We’re ahead of this time last year.”

UL officials are counting on Bustle’s charisma to boost what has been sagging interest, a process that began last year.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

"“We’re right at 75 percent of the total of season tickets we sold last year,” said Kay Dischler, the Cajuns’ assistant athletic director for finance."

I had asked around and could never find out how many tickets were sold last year. Does anyone know why the secrecy? Seventy-five percent of an unknown number doesn't tell us much

With the two drafted players gone UL might get tested deep real early.

Looks like we may be able to red shirt every defensive frosh player you listed although I suspect Lamar Morgan may be a legitimate contributor. When you can RS all your freshmen, you are in pretty decent shape.

The school has never released actual numbers of season tickets sold in any sport, good or bad. I was told unofficially that last years numbers were in the 4,800-5,000 range.

Page 17 of 98 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information