Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

Thanks, Chuck. I wanted to compare the height/weight of this group to last years starting lineman at Va Tech to see if Coach Bustle is trying to copy what he used there but I am having computer problems and keep getting kicked off the internet. I think he (Bustle)is going for size, strength and speed (vs. just size under the former head coach)IMHO.

UL Football

"Thanks, Chuck. I wanted to compare the height/weight of this group to last years starting lineman at Va Tech to see if Coach Bustle is trying to copy what he used there but I am having computer problems and keep getting kicked off the internet. I think he (Bustle)is going for size, strength and speed (vs. just size under the former head coach)IMHO."

That's what has me concerned Eric, we are very young at the tackle position. Any def. cordinator worth his money will expoit those two kids on the edge. This is why I believe the offense will struggle again early in the season. You can have size, but technique is the most important skill on the line.

Originally posted by CAJUNGURU
    That's what has me concerned Eric, we are very young at the tackle position. Any def. cordinator worth his money will expoit those two kids on the edge. This is why I believe the offense will struggle again early in the season. You can have size, but technique is the most important skill on the line.
    I know Glover did not play last season, did he get any playing time prior to last season? If not, we have two young men playing tackle going into the season without any D-1A college experience. That is going to be tough when you add in our RS-FR QB and an early schedule which includes South Carolina, Minnesota and Oklahoma State, We as fans need to be patient and remember the long term and not have unrealistic expectations. With that said, by the time we hit that three game home stretch against ULM, NMSU and Idaho- Glover, Cox and Babb should all three be the better for this tough early schedule. I have no doubt we have the talent to win as many as 6 games but it all depends on how quickly the team comes together. Win or lose, my son and I will be there for every home game.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!

UL Football

4500 football season tickets. That is pitiful. UL needs to get its alumni involve and do much better than that.

5. UL Football Cajuns Football To Host Fan Day August 10 At Cajun Field

Fans being offered an opportunity to meet and greet the 2003 University of Louisiana football squad and coaching staff.

LOUISIANA La. - The 2003 college football season is rapidly approaching and to start the year off right Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns football staff would like to invite everyone to "Hustle Up" and join them for Fan Day 2003. It will be held at Cajun Field on Sunday, August 10, 2003.

Fans are asked to arrive at 6 p.m., entering the field through the tunnel located behind the athletics complex building. All festivities will take place on the playing field.

Louisiana's Cheerleaders and Ragin' Jazz will perform while fans enjoy music and Ragin' Cajun highlights on the jumbotron. The Ragin' Cajuns football players will be on hand for autographs and photos.

Parking will be available in the stadium parking lot via the Gate 5 entrance, which is adjacent to the practice fields off of Cajundome Blvd., and located behind the visiting team side of the football field.

LOUISIANA SI

Ragin' Cajuns

I think a LOT of what happens with this team this season is going to depend a lot on LEADERSHIP on both sides of the ball. On offense, obviously the quarterback has to be the leader. Eric Rekeita showed real leadership qualities last year when he got to play. I believe Jerry Babb also has what it takes to lead. On the line, Brooks needs to step up and pull these guys together in short order. On defense, I think Ross Brupbacher can step up and make that unit his. If that happens, I think we can compete with more than a few teams on our schedule this year.

7. UL Football football

I'm wondering if anyone realizes that it is only 6 weeks, to game week.I see nothing shaking, scary.

I hope there will be a lot of noise after the Saints game. That should be about a month away by now.

You are right Oldman if I am right that only leaves 2 weeks for noise on the Cajuns.

It is kinda quiet, ain't it? You'd think we weren't playing football this season.

11. UL Football football

Oh! in my haste I failed to mention, "THE RAIN." I hope I'm wrong,but, here we go again. Everyone be quietshssssssss.:confused:

I had better not hear any more agricultural complaints about "lack of rain" for the rest of the year!!

13. Default

You don't hear to many farmers in this area complaining about the weather. I hear a lot of grumbling from the golfers. I don't know why they just add it to their handicap.

14. UL Football Season II coming soon

Bustle’s Cajuns re-focus for 2003 campaign test
    LOUISIANA La. — Rickey Bustle woke fans up in 2002. The plan now is to give them more to cheer about in 2003. Bustle went 3-9 in his first season as Louisiana’s head football coach, hardly a breakthrough for a program which hasn’t had a winning campaign since 1995.

But the 2002 Cajuns attracted the most fans at home since 1999 and had a winning season in five games at Cajun Field for the first time since 1996.

An impressive recruiting class will be added to the mix this fall, but the most important ingredient for improvement has been the hum of summer activity by returning varsity members.

“We probably have 38 to 40 kids in summer school,” Bustle said, “and around 50 to 60 working out. The guys have been working really hard, and (strength coach) Brad Ohrt has been bustin’ ’em.”

As with any new coaching staff, Bustle’s coaches needed a shakedown cruise in their first season, which saw the Cajuns finish 2-4 in Sun Belt Conference play. Now comes the acceleration stage.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

UL Football Home FB Schedule and times

Date Opponent Time

09-06 Louisiana Tech* 7:00pm

09-13 Houston* 7:00pm

10-11 ULM 4:00pm (HC)

10-16 NMSU 7:00pm (TV)

10-25 Idaho 4:00pm

11-08 FIU 4:00pm

* subject to change