Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remember the 1st Tecmo Bowl??

UL Football Remember the 1st Tecmo Bowl??

Tecmo Bowl must have been Rob Christophel's favorite nintendo game. It seems as if we only have 4 plays in our playbook (2 runs and 2 pass plays). Some words of wisdom for our so called offensive coordinator, "Hide your nintendo controller, the other team is picking your play every time you numb-skull!!!"

Default Re: Remember the 1st Tecmo Bowl??

Now that is some funny sh#@!! I think you NAILED that one right on the head Scotto 25. Our offense is VERY Predictable and there is no Creativity/Imagination with the play calling. Maybe Christophel will update his playbook to the "Super Tecmo Bowl" version this weekend. "READY, DOWN, HUT, HUT, HUT, HUT, HUT, HUT, HUT, HUT, HUT!!!!!!"

Totally off the subject, but Bo Jackson was the frickin man on Tecmo Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25
    Tecmo Bowl must have been Rob Christophel's favorite nintendo game. It seems as if we only have 4 plays in our playbook (2 runs and 2 pass plays). Some words of wisdom for our so called offensive coordinator, "Hide your nintendo controller, the other team is picking your play every time you numb-skull!!!"
    Man, the plays worked, all we gotta do is make our players understand that they HAVE to run diagnally.defenders can only tackle horizontally, or vertically, so if you go diagnal, you cant lose.

Tuffguy

Snak Bo you think if Babb runs all the way back to the end zone he can hit Cherry for a 100 yard pass? I think Big S could do a better job of mixing up the plays.

Some comments:

1) Bo Jackson in Techmo Super Bowl may be the greatest video game athlete of all time. I rushed for over 3500 yards in a season with Bo.

2) If we upgraded to Techmo Super Bowl, we could use eight plays per game instead of four and then we could switch a few plays between games. But don't run the flea-flicker. I always used to crush that play!!

3) In the original Techmo Bowl, Clarence Verdin was the return man for the Colts (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25
    scotto 25 i seem to remember smoking you every time we played

Quote Originally Posted by cajunpepper
    Totally off the subject, but Bo Jackson was the frickin man on Tecmo Super Bowl.
    He was off the charts!!!

9. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Remember the 1st Tecmo Bowl??

Quote Originally Posted by cajunpepper
    You are damn right!

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    Some comments:

1) Bo Jackson in Techmo Super Bowl may be the greatest video game athlete of all time. I rushed for over 3500 yards in a season with Bo.

2) If we upgraded to Techmo Super Bowl, we could use eight plays per game instead of four and then we could switch a few plays between games. But don't run the flea-flicker. I always used to crush that play!!

3) In the original Techmo Bowl, Clarence Verdin was the return man for the Colts (I think).
    As far as Defense, Lawrence Taylor was so fast that you could block every field goal and extra point. 12 sacks a game was the norm for LT.

Christian Okoye was the MAN in Super Tecmo Bowl. He would run over everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppie29
    As far as Defense, Lawrence Taylor was so fast that you could block every field goal and extra point. 12 sacks a game was the norm for LT.

Christian Okoye was the MAN in Super Tecmo Bowl. He would run over everybody.
    There was always one good LB on each team in the Super version who was good for about 100 sacks a year. Did you ever use Derrick Thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    There was always one good LB on each team in the Super version who was good for about 100 sacks a year. Did you ever use Derrick Thomas?
    Oh yeah. The Chiefs were my team. Okoye on offense. Thomas on defense.

Default Remember the square pixels? Yuk

remember the square pixel graphics? If they came out with the same game and more normal looking graphics I would buy one for a quick fix.

The original Nintendo set is still at my parents house. Every now and then when I visit, I pull it out, hook it up and try to get in a few games of Techmo Super Bowl. It takes me standing on one leg, saying three Hail Mary's and rubbing a certain spot on the machine to get it to work, but it works.

Default Re: Remember the square pixels? Yuk

Quote Originally Posted by AboveAverage
    remember the square pixel graphics? If they came out with the same game and more normal looking graphics I would buy one for a quick fix.
    Forget tecmo bowl. Fenroy ran for over 12,000 yards this season on my NCAA football '07 helping UL to a 13-0 season including wins at LSU AND TAMU. Not to mention they beat the tar out of NC State in the Emerald Bowl and earned a #19 ovearall BCS ranking.

P.S. I'm trying not to alter our schedule out of the realm of possibility to see how long it will take to get an invite to a higher conference or a BCS bowl. The media poll loves UL, coaches pollmmmnot so much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information