Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Whiskey / Bourbon

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Best Whiskey / Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    And, not everyone will be happy because folks listen to the broadcasts in different ways and regular tv and hdtv aren't the same.
    I find that if I drink a lot of Maker's on the rocks, you miraculously synchronize with the TV broadcast.

Default Re: Louisiana vs OSU - Television Coverage

Makers all around, then.

You're my kinda guy. I never was a whiskey drinker until my late father in law turned me on to Makers.

Now I'm a lush.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Makers all around, then.

You're my kinda guy. I never was a whiskey drinker until my late father in law turned me on to Makers.

Now I'm a lush.
    Well not to tell which bourbon to drink, but try Buffalo Trace and/or Blanton's. IMO Blanton's is the finest bourbon. A bit spendy, but I have 2 glasses of Blanton's on the rocks then switch to Buffalo Trace. I can talk bourbon all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Well not to tell which bourbon to drink, but try Buffalo Trace and/or Blanton's. IMO Blanton's is the finest bourbon. A bit spendy, but I have 2 glasses of Blanton's on the rocks then switch to Buffalo Trace. I can talk bourbon all day long.
    I second the Buffalo Trace nod. Also try the Eagle Rare 10 yr and the 17 yr. which is quite hard to find - it will be out in November ! Also try Collingwood if you're into Canadian whiskeys

I like Makers. What do you think of Woodford.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Pappy VanWinkle?

I like Makers when I have not had bourbon in a while. When I am out at most restaurants my pick is Knob Creek, I like it better than Makers and you usually do not have to pay the price of the higher end bourbons. I do like Woodford Reserve also, along with Basil Hayden's. Of course anyone that I have mentioned I will not allow friends to mix with soft drinks. They can have it over ice or with water, if you are going to drink it with a soft drink, drink Jack Daniels.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I like Makers when I have not had bourbon in a while. When I am out at most restaurants my pick is Knob Creek, I like it better than Makers and you usually do not have to pay the price of the higher end bourbons. I do like Woodford Reserve also, along with Basil Hayden's. Of course anyone that I have mentioned I will not allow friends to mix with soft drinks. They can have it over ice or with water, if you are going to drink it with a soft drink, drink Jack Daniels.
    Everyone is mentioning very good whiskey/bourbon. I like Makers and Blantons most of all (quality for the buck). I also keep Jack on hand for mixers. I may use Makers or Blantons in a quality mix, but not for someone that can't tell the difference. Pappy VW is excellent, but I don't find it worth the higher price. Nothing wrong with Knob Creek.

Default Re: Best Whiskey / Bourbon

Interesting we received our own thread on bourbon, thanks I think this is a great conversation piece. I have never tried Pappy, so I can not comment on the taste or the value. I do like 4 Roses Bourbon. There is also is a sweet tea bourbon by the makers of Buffalo Trace that is good if you mix it with some lemonade. I know it doesn't sound right but I do like the sweet tea bourbon and sweet tea vodka, both are nice after around of golf, a little John Daly.

Sweet tea with bourbon and a sprig of fresh mint. Really good in the summer time.

Sweet tea with bourbon and a sprig of fresh mint. Really good in the summer time.
    I will give that a try, it does so good.

Dang I feel like a rookie in regards to this whiskey/bourbon thread. I now realize that I must venture out from my Crown and water passion.

Carry on, I'm taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Dang I feel like a rookie in regards to this whiskey/bourbon thread. I now realize that I must venture out from my Crown and water passion.

Carry on, I'm taking notes.
    My ancestor, Basil Hayden, would appreciate you trying his fine Bourbon. All of the best bourbons come from the fine Catholic area of KY, namely - Bardstown. Of course it would be Catholic, you know. If he were here, he would tell you to have it with a few ice cubes and a splash of branch water (Chicot acquifer for us).

I used to drink a fair amount of bourbon, however I have a new love, good rye whiskey with some ice cubes. Not as sweet as bourbon, but just as good for your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Dang I feel like a rookie in regards to this whiskey/bourbon thread. I now realize that I must venture out from my Crown and water passion
    arry on, I'm taking notes.
    Please kill the Crown - do forty creek or collingwood instead - they put crown to shame !!

Quick lesson - I put people in good spirits for a living !!

Buffal Trace distillery puts out the following:

Blantons - collect all 7 of the race horse bottle toppers !! - hand bottled
    Buffalo Trace (of course)
    Caribou Crossing - high end Canadian/rye whiskey $50 - beautiful package to go along with it
    Old Charter
    Eagle Rare 10 yr
    Eagle Rare 17 yr - - THE BOOOMMMMBBBB !!!! HArd to find - comes out in late October - if you see it buy it
    George T Stagg - GREAT !!! same as Eagle Rare 17 - comes out late October
    Hancock - never tried it
    SAzerac Rye
    Thomas Handy Rye
    VAn Winkles - EXCELLENT
    Forty Creek is also owned by the same company !!!

No other distillery can match these bourbons/whiskeys !

Brown Forman has Jack, Gen. JAck, Single Barrel, Woodford (another fave) andCollingwood
    Fortune Brands has Beam, Makers, Knob Creek

Buffalo Trace is HARD to beat !!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information