Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Whiskey / Bourbon

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Louisiana vs OSU - Television Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I like Makers. What do you think of Woodford.
    Woodford reserve kicks some serious ssss.

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Louisiana vs OSU - Television Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Well not to tell which bourbon to drink, but try Buffalo Trace and/or Blanton's. IMO Blanton's is the finest bourbon. A bit spendy, but I have 2 glasses of Blanton's on the rocks then switch to Buffalo Trace. I can talk bourbon all day long.
    Had Blantons a few weeks ago. Hammer58 brought a bottle over for cigar night. Most excellent

Z

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Best Whiskey / Bourbon

I'm bi curious about scotch but would like small lesson first. I'm a gin/vodka with a splash guy but my neighbor is hardcore scotch and cigars.
    I have a somewhat bitter pallet and dig on bold with a smooth finish which of the whiskey family should I court first?

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I will give that a try, it does so good.
    Don't muddle the mint. Just swish it around and leave it in the glass. The aroma of the mint mixed with the bourbon is very nice. Not a winter drink though.

In the Winter it's bourbon over ice or with a little water. My other winter time drink is Kelt Tour Du Monde VSOP cognac. Smoooooooth very smooooth.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    I'm bi curious about scotch but would like small lesson first. I'm a gin/vodka with a splash guy but my neighbor is hardcore scotch and cigars.
    I have a somewhat bitter pallet and dig on bold with a smooth finish which of the whiskey family should I court first?
    Try Highland Park first - they have a 12, 15, and 17 yr - the 15 yr is my fav scotch !

Just tried CrownRoyal Black, was pretty solid. I really like Gentleman Jack but not the Single Barrel which actually costs more.

Listen to the Buds;

The Macallan or Glenfiddich

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Listen to the Buds;

Macallan aged in the port casks is awesomeness.58 bucks a bottle is a bit steep.I guess its percieved value. right??

Just remember that Jack Daniels is not bourbon because it is made in Tennessee. Jack Daniels is a Tennessee sipping whiskey. Only whiskey made in 6 (I think) counties in Kentucky can legally be called a bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by beavis11 View Post
    Try Highland Park first - they have a 12, 15, and 17 yr - the 15 yr is my fav scotch !
    YES, highland park scotch is fantastic! I try to get a bottle of 18 year every six months or so. neat, room temperature.hmmmm

Jamison Gold Reserve.18 year old Irish whiskeytwo fingers every night with 1 ice cubenectar of the gods

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

thanks guys! ill take a stab at this highland 15 this weekend. My buddy is flying in from san fran friday for his last romp before taking the plunge so this bottle sounds very "best man" of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Listen to the Buds;

Agreed. Usually drink the mac12, special occassions, the mac18. Real nice

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Macallan aged in the port casks is awesomeness.58 bucks a bottle is a bit steep.I guess its percieved value. right??
    You got dat right!

Makers is perfect for old fashioneds and juleps.

Knob Creek is also excellent and one no one has mentioned yet.

If im mixing with coke I stick with Jack. I am an official Tennessee Squire.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information